Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would the Bucks do it? Felton for Jennings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285310)

bluechox2 12-25-2012 08:08 AM

Would the Bucks do it? Felton for Jennings

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d8ww95w

bucks are not sure whether to go all in on jennings or ellis, or splash big on both, or let one go this offseason

this gives them another 2 years of cheap quality PG play

will the knicks go into luxury tax hell to overpay jennings and trade felton once again?

mentallooser 12-25-2012 08:15 AM

Re: Would the Bucks do it? Felton for Jennings

I imagine the Bucks are still likely holding out hoping to see Jennings realize his potential as a blow out scorer. Felton isn't getting any better than he already has been I don't think.

Clutch 12-25-2012 08:38 AM

Why would the Knicks do that trade ?

Knicks fans main problem with Felton is that he shoots too much and Jennings is even bigger chucker than Raymond.

kurple 12-25-2012 08:52 AM

no. the bucks wouldnt

dunksby 12-25-2012 08:56 AM

Felton for Jennings :roll:

andremiller07 12-25-2012 08:57 AM

Can't see why the Bucks would do this tbh, Jennings is still to reach his peak most likely.

Rowe 12-25-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Can't see why the Bucks would do this tbh, Jennings is still to reach his peak most likely.

I'm one of the biggest Jennings supporters but his numbers have leveled out in Milwaukee to the point his rookie season doesn't look as much of an improvement to his 4th season.

Something has to change for him to be in a better position to be a star.

Either he needs a new team, the Bucks need a new coach who prefers to run much more, or Jennings needs to gradually accept he should be a SG much like Jason Terry accepted when he got traded to Dallas.

Id love to have him but we can't mess up this chemistry too much by trading Felton not even 1/2 way thru the season.

(e) 12-25-2012 10:21 AM

Bucks would be drunk to even consider that

The_Yearning 12-25-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowe
I'm one of the biggest Jennings supporters but his numbers have leveled out in Milwaukee to the point his rookie season doesn't look as much of an improvement to his 4th season.

Something has to change for him to be in a better position to be a star.

Either he needs a new team, the Bucks need a new coach who prefers to run much more, or Jennings needs to gradually accept he should be a SG much like Jason Terry accepted when he got traded to Dallas.

Id love to have him but we can't mess up this chemistry too much by trading Felton not even 1/2 way thru the season.

BJ is a system player.

Mr. Incredible 12-25-2012 10:52 AM

:facepalm

SpecialQue 12-25-2012 11:01 AM

This is the dumbest fvcking trade I've seen that doesn't somehow involve Pau.

Clutch 12-25-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
This is the dumbest fvcking trade I've seen that doesn't somehow involve Pau.

I guess you haven't seen that "Bargnani to Knicks" trade and its variations. :lol

pnyozzzoo 12-25-2012 01:22 PM

This post is stupid imo.

Bucks trade a youngster with "potential" of being better and be a star to a career role player?

Knicks risk messing their chemistry to get a even bigger chucker? Kincks did not want to pay Lin and now they want to pay Jennings? Last check the rumor started because Jennings want more than 10mil per year.

Both GM should be shot.

kurple 12-25-2012 01:39 PM

felton proved how much he cares on a bad team in a small market, when he played in portland.

Whoah10115 12-25-2012 01:46 PM

To be honest, I could see the value for the Bucks...because Felton is good and he's an uptempo player, fit to play with Ellis...as long as he doesn't chuck...that and they're not just giving up on potential with Jennings. He wasn't extended and I think if they really wanted him they would have extended him during that window. He's also not a good fit and his trade value can't be that high right now...that backcourt is awful. Also, Felton is still young.

Not that I see it happening...I do think Jennings could play on the Knicks tho...this year. Jason Kidd is on the team. Jennings would have to be the 2guard, willing to push the ball. On defense, he and Kidd could switch. Longterm, I can't say I see it, unless Amare is flipped for a guy like Gasol or even Nene...someone who wants to pass the ball. Carmelo and Jennings on the same team is a little worrying...it would depend on Shumpert being able to do a lot of playmaking.