Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scrubdrick Scrubkins (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285833)

Nick Young 12-30-2012 03:56 PM

Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Is he the most overpaid center in the NBA at the moment? How did he get a reputation that he was a solid defender?:confusedshrug:

red1 12-30-2012 03:58 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Young
Is he the most overpaid center in the NBA at the moment? How did he get a reputation that he was a solid defender?:confusedshrug:

why dont you go check his win percentage since going to okc

bdreason 12-30-2012 03:59 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
He played next to the best defender of the past decade. To be fair, they only gave up Jeff Green for him... and Green has done little or nothing in Boston.

TaLvsCuaL 12-30-2012 04:03 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Should be amnestied.

ILLsmak 12-30-2012 04:04 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by red1
why dont you go check his win percentage since going to okc


For real, despite the fact that he does some ugly shit out there, he gets wins. Nobody I can think of in the NBA you could replace him with that is making less money.

-Smak

Nick Young 12-30-2012 04:06 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9q8jsVQnNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccms_UY3rBo

defensive anchor amirite?

Chapallaz 12-30-2012 04:06 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
He played next to the best defender of the past decade. To be fair, they only gave up Jeff Green for him... and Green has done little or nothing in Boston.


But they did have to trade Harden due to the money that was tied up in Perkins' contract, didn't they?



Also, McGee makes 7 mil more but is a far worse player.

red1 12-30-2012 04:07 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLsmak
For real, despite the fact that he does some ugly shit out there, he gets wins. Nobody I can think of in the NBA you could replace him with that is making less money.

-Smak

dawg...

TheAesirsFinest 12-30-2012 04:07 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLsmak
For real, despite the fact that he does some ugly shit out there, he gets wins. Nobody I can think of in the NBA you could replace him with that is making less money.

-Smak


That's in spite of his negative impact on the floor. red1 was making fun of Perkins' tweet:

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins
Too all my haters , check my win percentage since I Been in Okc , Crazy

Chapallaz 12-30-2012 04:09 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Young

Mourning, Mutombo, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson have been dunked on way more often. And in more horrible fashion than that as well.

Are you trying to imply they were bad defensive players?

What IS it you're tying to say with the post I quoted, Nick Young? Or are you just being you, a gormless tosser?

Nick Young 12-30-2012 04:09 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapallaz
But they did have to trade Harden due to the money that was tied up in Perkins' contract, didn't they?



Also, McGee makes 7 mil more but is a far worse player.

McGee has flashes of offensive brilliance. They are probably equal defensively, Perkins tries hard but he sucks so it doesn't matter.

Remember when ESPN and Boston media were making such a big deal about this scrub going to OKC? :facepalm

red1 12-30-2012 04:12 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
if perkins doesn't see the floor and all of his minutes go to collison then the finals go to 6 or 7 games

Chapallaz 12-30-2012 04:13 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Young
McGee has flashes of offensive brilliance. They are probably equal defensively, Perkins tries hard but he sucks so it doesn't matter.

Remember when ESPN and Boston media were making such a big deal about this scrub going to OKC? :facepalm

Perkins and McGee comaprable on D? You're nuts. McGee blows so many defensive rotations it's laughable. Koufos and Perkins is a better match up when it comes to D.

You sire, are not watching ANY games, are you now?

maybeshewill13 12-30-2012 04:17 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
For once I agree with OP. Most overpaid center though? Try most overpaid player in the NBA. Worst starter in the league.

ILLsmak 12-30-2012 04:40 PM

Re: Scrubdrick Scrubkins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
That's in spite of his negative impact on the floor. red1 was making fun of Perkins' tweet:

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins
Too all my haters , check my win percentage since I Been in Okc , Crazy


It's true though, what he said... which was what I was saying.

In spite? Why would they start a bad player? Dude's career high is like 10 points and 8 rebounds; he's not a numbers guy. You can't look at something and say "This is not a factor." Since OKC got Perkins, they have been dominating. You can say "In spite" but the truth is the truth.

They also say he was "alongside a great defensive player." Isn't Ibaka a talented defender? Shit hasn't changed that much. Perkins is a solid starter who knows what to do. He's starting on the best team in the NBA.

The only downside with Perk is if a team has a small lineup then he can't compete because he's not good enough to post up.

Anyone who thinks OKC would be better off with Collison starting doesn't understand bball.

-Smak


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy