Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which is more impressive? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285858)

Yao Ming's Foot 12-30-2012 11:22 PM

Which is more impressive?

Player A- Age 21

21.1 ppg, 4.4 apg, 4.5 rpg .517 TS%

15-7 playoff record ending in a championship,
Average record of opponent 53-29
Average defensive rating of opponent 101.4

or

Player B - Age 22

25.1 ppg, 8.0 apg, 8.1 rpg .516 TS%

12-8 playoff record including a Finals sweep 0-4
Average record of opponent 48-34
Average defensive rating of opponent 105.3

Odinn 12-30-2012 11:23 PM

Re: Which is more impressive?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/pro...ignore&u=89536

RRR3 12-30-2012 11:23 PM

LeBron.

andremiller07 12-30-2012 11:24 PM

You can't base things purely off stats

Segatti 12-30-2012 11:27 PM

Yeah, because we don't have enough Kobe vs. Lebron threads for today

SpecialQue 12-30-2012 11:39 PM

What's most impressive is OP's spectacularly shitty posting history.

KG215 12-30-2012 11:40 PM

I think the answer the OP is looking for is Kobe Bryant. It's always Kobe Bryant with him. So....Kobe Bryant. Final answer.

What do I win?

Yao Ming's Foot 12-30-2012 11:48 PM

I'm sensing some anger...

Are you guys OK?

Bandito 12-30-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
I'm sensing some anger...

Are you guys OK?

Is not anger is frustation at the collective stupidity in this board. Also the question you should ask are you ok...in the head?:lol

Yao Ming's Foot 12-31-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandito
Is not anger is frustation at the collective stupidity in this board. Also the question you should ask are you ok...in the head?:lol

What is frustrating? Comparing the first Finals run of the two greatest NBA legends currently starring in the league? Don't want to take attention away from the epic Wade vs Ellis, Childress vs Kenyon Martin, Durant vs Melo, Iverson vs Westbrook or Lin vs all other PG threads? :confusedshrug:

KG215 12-31-2012 12:07 AM

How about some context? Who were player A's teammates and what was his role on the team? What was player B's role on his team and who were his teammates? Who'd they play and beat in the playoffs? Finals?

Bandito 12-31-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
What is frustrating? Comparing the first Finals run of the two greatest NBA legends currently starring in the league? Don't want to take attention away from the epic Wade vs Ellis, Childress vs Kenyon Martin, Durant vs Melo, Iverson vs Westbrook or Lin vs all other PG threads? :confusedshrug:

Lebron vs Kobe; Kobe vs Lebron...same sh1t different way of writing it.:lol

And all will end with you just trolling everyone about 5 ringz LOOOL and telling people to worship the deity that is Kobe and some troll like RRR3 is going to troll you back talking about how Lebron golden pen1s (that word is blocked?) is longer than Kobe's...

PS: I didn't even know you was talking about Lebron vs. Kobe anyways...

Qwyjibo 12-31-2012 12:12 AM

Need minutes per game, a better description of their defensive abilities and what position they play at least.

But based on those details alone, player B, I guess. That's assuming they're doing that in the same amount of minutes. Teams win games and championships, not single players so I don't care too much about that aspect of your scenario.

(and yes, I know exactly who both players are)

I<3NBA 12-31-2012 12:16 AM

rape.

rape. rape. rape. rape. rape.

Yao Ming's Foot 12-31-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
How about some context? Who were player A's teammates and what was his role on the team? What was player B's role on his team and who were his teammates? Who'd they play and beat in the playoffs? Finals?

Player A faced teams with better records and better defenses. That was included in the original post. :confusedshrug:

I don't see evidence of either player's individual playoff stats being impacted based on the strength of their teammates in their history which is why I did not include it. They both have shown the ability to put up great stats with or without all star/HOF teammates.