Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Dunk Comp (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286872)

Marv_Albert 01-09-2013 03:07 PM

The Dunk Comp

Should only consist of Gerald Green, Terrence Ross

Who else should be there?

20Four 01-09-2013 03:51 PM

Re: The Dunk Comp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
Should only consist of Gerald Green, Terrence Ross

Who else should be there?

The one who beat Gerald Green in europe dunk comp! James White

Burgz V2 01-09-2013 03:53 PM

Aside from James White I really don't think anyone else should be considered who hasn't already backed out

Jeremy Evans will probably be in it again because he won last year

Fudge 01-09-2013 03:54 PM

James White, Terrence Ross, Gerald Green

Wouldn't mind seeing DeRozan back as well. Could be another VC/McGrady competition in 2000 with Ross. I just hope to god Jeremy Evans doesn't come back and defend his title. All wing players please, i'm tired of watching big men in the dunk comp.

CavaliersFTW 01-09-2013 03:57 PM

And Lebron, he owes it to the fans.

James White, Terrence Ross, Gerald Green and Lebron James

TylerOO 01-09-2013 03:58 PM

Gerald Wallace got robbed last time he was in it. Give him another shot

kaiteng 01-09-2013 03:59 PM

ROYCE WHITE :oldlol:

kaiteng 01-09-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
And Lebron, he owes it to the fans.

James White, Terrence Ross, Gerald Green and Lebron James

He has already said he will never be in the dunk contest.

Jolokia 01-09-2013 04:07 PM

Shaq vs Barkley off a trampoline.

gasolina 01-09-2013 04:17 PM

should be canned. Last year was their chance for redemption after the rigged year with KIA. And it was a borefest.

Burgz V2 01-09-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudge
James White, Terrence Ross, Gerald Green

Wouldn't mind seeing DeRozan back as well. Could be another VC/McGrady competition in 2000 with Ross. I just hope to god Jeremy Evans doesn't come back and defend his title. All wing players please, i'm tired of watching big men in the dunk comp.

DeRozan said he won't do it again since he got robbed last time. Said too many props, not even about dunking anymore. I can't say I blame him, he's right.

QuebecBaller 01-09-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
should be canned. Last year was their chance for redemption after the rigged year with KIA. And it was a borefest.

James White and Gerald Green are able to give another life to this competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_GY4u8Vns

Rake2204 01-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina

If the NBA insists upon separating the dunking further and further from the dunk contest itself (in its place - terrible acting, props, mailmen, coaches, microphones, and choirs) then I agree. However, if the contest can be returned to a standard format then I believe it should forever live on. Dunk contests will always have down years regardless but I think it's important to keep it alive for those special, special moments.

For instance, can we imagine NBA history had the league opted not to bring the contest back for 2000? Surely, Carter's year was followed by a lame showing in DC the next season but then came a great run by Jason Richardson and company. Unfortunately, life-altering moments will never happen every year in the dunk contest, but the rarity of those moments is what makes them so special and eliminating the contest altogether would just be counterproductive in my opinion. Eliminate it for the return of 2Ball?

kaiteng 01-09-2013 04:39 PM

Serg Ibaka completed a dunk BEHIND the free-throw line but only got 45 points.

NBA Slam Dunk Contest is way beyond repairable.

Marv_Albert 01-09-2013 04:48 PM

Blake Griffin "throw in not dunk the basketball" should not be in there, especially KIA sponsoring it.

Paul George should get another shot too, dude had some insane dunks he was absolutely robbed.