Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can James White trump the GOAT dunk in the dunk contest?: (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286881)

CavaliersFTW 01-09-2013 05:09 PM

Can James White trump the GOAT dunk in the dunk contest?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41EFwuBqEUA

:bowdown: greatest dunk of all time? :bowdown:

AirFederer 01-09-2013 05:11 PM

Re: Can James White trump the GOAT dunk in the dunk contest?:

I just hate it when they bring in shyt like this. Bad dunk is bad.:cletus:

Rake2204 01-09-2013 05:20 PM

I know this thread topic was made in jest, but I still find it at least a tiny bit unfortunate that contest is only remembered as the one where Blake Griffin jumped over the hood of a Kia. Each performer (Griffin, McGee, DeRozan, Ibaka) brought something pretty legitimate to the table that year and I was impressed (particularly after the Shannon Brown/Gerald Wallace/Nate Robinson debacle from a year earlier).

And regarding Griffin, I may have actually been more impressed with his misses than his makes, so that was kind of a bummer. He looked like he had a plan where he'd attempt the risky, outlandish dunks, then quickly resort to basic versions of each if he didn't connect on his first few tries. This one was a showstopper for me right off the bat:

shallehalle 01-09-2013 05:36 PM

i don't think anyone is beating Vince in 2000, he did sh.. no one ever saw and i have never seen such a reaction from the crowd and players

CavaliersFTW 01-09-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shallehalle
i don't think anyone is beating Vince in 2000, he did sh.. no one ever saw and i have never seen such a reaction from the crowd and players

blakes kia optima dunk >

winnnaz 01-09-2013 11:06 PM

What's so good about it??
He jumps over the hood. Take the car out of the picture and its fkn average.

CavaliersFTW 01-09-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnnaz
What's so good about it??
He jumps over the hood. Take the car out of the picture and its fkn average.

yeah but the choir+kia makes the dunk legendary

FKAri 01-09-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
yeah but the choir+kia makes the dunk garbage

Fixed.

Noob Saibot 01-09-2013 11:14 PM

I would be surprised if James White could pull it off.

I like this one by Skywalker back in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVfrwYDjh4

Myth 01-09-2013 11:51 PM

I want them to implement a 1 prop dunk maximum rule.

pauk 01-10-2013 12:01 AM

Absolutely... you see, James White is the type of a dunker we never had in the NBA dunk contest, not to that magnitude... his one-leg/distance leaping ability is the best i ever seen in the NBA (better than Julius Erving, Lebron James or Michael Jordan)...

What Vince Carter did as the best representative for the two-foot dunkers James White will do that for his one-legged/distance dunkers that ever existed.... any distance dunk that has been done in the past James White i guarantee you CAN (and will) surpass... take Jordans FT line dunk for example, well James White can takeof (from even further) and do an alleyoop or windmill or between the legs while at it...... any of those would be a dunk we never seen in the NBA dunkcontest...

Myth 01-10-2013 12:04 AM

I think the reason James White won't top Carter is because of shock factor. Vince came before the youtube days and showed us stuff we have never seen before. James White will likely complete things that we have seen him do himself on youtube.

pauk 01-10-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
I think the reason James White won't top Carter is because of shock factor. Vince came before the youtube days and showed us stuff we have never seen before. James White will likely complete things that we have seen him do himself on youtube.

Exactly.

Vince Carter covered everything there is about best two-foot dunks and James White will be able to do that with one-leg dunks.... we have to separate those two dunk styles/leaping abilities because each represent pros/cons of what type of dunks you can and can not do.... one leg = distance... two foot = more body control (easier to do advanced 360s and so on)

If James White was able to do those dunks first in the NBA dunkcontest (i mean before his other contests) we would have not seen them, it would have been probably the same "shock factor" Vince Carter had, but thats not the case so he want be able to surpass VC with his rendition of dunks... but i am just glad that he will be able to showcase what one-leg/distance dunking is in the NBA dunkcontest, better than anyone ever did

20Four 01-10-2013 01:41 AM

I know James White can still do all his dunks from the freethrow line...but why are some people saying he lost a step? I havn't see it yet....

devin112 01-10-2013 01:51 AM

White is an awesome dunker but he's barely a NBA player. Dude plays 5 mins a game and has a 1 point scoring avg.

BTW I love how you trolls are obsessed w/ BG and the Clippz, makes me happy to see so many LAC troll/hater threads.