Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Is it too late for a PS3? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286897)

Draz 01-09-2013 08:43 PM

Is it too late for a PS3?

I'm in college, I've been busy with my girlfriend, most of my time is being spent with her or just going to the gym, once again, with her. My social life has taken a turn and being occupied, busy, is increasing. It's been like this for 6 months now, while my XBOX is collecting dust. This is coming from someone who played it most likely every day. I use it to play COD only, like BO2.

I'm interested in selling this XBOX for about $150+ and getting or trading for a PS3 because the online is free. I am also interested in Killzone 3. I dislike the controller but I feel like the PS3 would best suite me. Should I pull the trigger, PS3 fans, what do you think? Is it worth getting a used PS3? I can only get a used one, don't want to go all out on a new console.

Sidenote: I will be playing NBA 2K13.

Timmy D for MVP 01-10-2013 03:26 AM

Re: Is it too late for a PS3?

It's up to what you want really.

I have a PS3 and I will most likely keep it for the next couple years even if the next generation hits. I really like it and I dig it's exclusives better than the 360 exclusives.

So if you just want a console that you can just spend hours playing some sick backlogs you'll be good for a while. If you have to have the latest and greatest it might be wise to wait for a bit and see if you wanna get the new systems.

They will be far more expensive than 150 though...

miggyme1 01-10-2013 03:44 AM

might as well get it...from what i heard the new consoles aint supposed to drop till like 2014-2015...and even then...u know when they first hit they gonna be like 600+ which is too damn high.

ps3 is pretty much an entertainment system...play blu rays etc. so its good to go even if u just need a blu ray player.its a pretty good investment....better exclusives.....waaaaay better controller far as the dpad goes for like fighting games.

online gaming is free.

basically it comes down to one thing when it comes to online play....are u friendly gamer or a rogue...if u rogue get the ps3....if u like conversing with everybody and talkin to the persons ass u beatin get the xbox 360 or keep it but keep in mind no blu-ray player

miller-time 01-10-2013 05:47 AM

Still worth it. Easily.

Burgz V2 01-13-2013 11:36 AM

im considering it too. I have a 360 but I don't want to miss out on playing all the great PS3 exclusives. Trading in my 360, buying one this week.

stallionaire 01-16-2013 01:13 PM

honestly just get one. the library is amazing and if you sign up for playstation plus you get free full videogames that don't suck. just buy one.

Draz 01-16-2013 04:19 PM

Yeah I got one now.

miggyme1 01-16-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
Yeah I got one now.

congrats

psn:yung_miggs

add me when u get 2k13 so i can trash ya ass.lol

takai 01-29-2013 07:02 PM

It's hard telling. It's a quality system, and has some great games on it, like Uncharted, inFamous, etc. But if you're already this far, I'd wait until this years E3 to see what they announce. Save up for the new console if you want, either way would be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggyme1
might as well get it...from what i heard the new consoles aint supposed to drop till like 2014-2015...

:wtf: Where the hell did you hear this from? A hobo under the highway?

macmac 01-31-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takai
It's hard telling. It's a quality system, and has some great games on it, like Uncharted, inFamous, etc. But if you're already this far, I'd wait until this years E3 to see what they announce. Save up for the new console if you want, either way would be fine.

:wtf: Where the hell did you hear this from? A hobo under the highway?

Are u crazy this is the best time to get a ps3.....dishonored, ni no kuni, bioshock infinite, last of us, GTA 5, etc etc....this is the prime of Sonys third console, perfect time to get in the swing of things

DeuceWallaces 02-02-2013 06:20 PM

I hope not. I just bought one last month. I'm a big PC Gamer but 199 for the 250GB including Uncharted 1/2 and Infamous 1/2 was worth it. Been playing old games, but they're still fun.

I mean, if you're in to cutting edge graphics and stuff you wouldn't get a console anyway so just enjoy the exclusives, good game-play, and yearly sports games that suck on a PC.