Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dark Souls is the greatest game of this generation. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287387)

stallionaire 01-15-2013 10:55 AM

Dark Souls is the greatest game of this generation.

Debate me if you've finished it and think otherwise.

No other game has an atmosphere quite like it. It's a true videogame in that you learn through failing, it's an homage to the unforgiving retro games of the early 90s and late 80s.

Completely innovative in every way. It's a single player game that is multiplayer while you go through it. You'll be in a cave with a fork in it and you'll read a message on the ground from another player who tells you to either go this way or that way. Or you'll be 10 inches from your bloodstain only to be invaded by another player and killed.. only to lose them all.

Qwyjibo 01-15-2013 12:25 PM

Re: Dark Souls is the greatest game of this generation.

I can't really disagree. I just started a new game after shelving it for a bit and I've been thinking the same thing. The game design is nearly flawless. The fact that it has a punishing difficulty (relative to other modern games) adds a ton to the atmosphere and tension. I love how they created a connected world rather than just having a hub that you teleport from like in Demons Souls. The only flaw I can think of is that some aspects (upgrading weapons/armor and convenants) are a bit vague unless you read up on them on the internet.

glidedrxlr22 01-15-2013 01:20 PM

Iíll admit it that Demonís Souls is one of my favorite all time games. I bought it, started playing the first few hours then I put it down for about a year. Once I completed it, I knew I had played a great game. Now I find myself doing the same with Dark Souls. I played about 10 hours a year ago, but then I just abruptly stopped. I have every intention of going back to it soon. I know I better not wait too long with Dark Souls 2 coming out sometime.

Al Thornton 01-15-2013 06:54 PM

it's great but it's just not accessible. uncharted 2 and mass effect 2 are just as well made and enjoyed by literally everyone who has played them.

stallionaire 01-15-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I can't really disagree. I just started a new game after shelving it for a bit and I've been thinking the same thing. The game design is nearly flawless. The fact that it has a punishing difficulty (relative to other modern games) adds a ton to the atmosphere and tension. I love how they created a connected world rather than just having a hub that you teleport from like in Demons Souls. The only flaw I can think of is that some aspects (upgrading weapons/armor and convenants) are a bit vague unless you read up on them on the internet.

Very true. The game mechanics are a little too ominous and mysterious if you're new. You shouldn't have to go to the internet in order to know what's an upgrade and what's not.

CeltsGarlic 01-16-2013 08:18 AM

I always promise myself that I gonna start it but still havent. Gonna next week.

KBryant24 02-08-2013 05:59 PM

yup i agree..... have been playing it non stop since i bought it a few weeks ago

Just2McFly 02-08-2013 06:16 PM

:no:

Al Thornton 02-12-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just2McFly
:no:

use ur words