Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How's this for a month of January? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287705)

franchize 01-18-2013 12:08 PM

How's this for a month of January?

5.75 ppg
4.25 apg
4.25 rpg
1.62 spg
2.12 TO
27.8 mpg

Has not been to the foul line the entire month.

But let me guess, "he's a heck of a leader and does the things that don't show up in the stat sheet."

knickscity 01-18-2013 12:56 PM

Re: How's this for a month of January?

I thought that was Telfair, til I saw the minutes played.:lol

Since we're randomly stat pulling, someone is taking 9 threes a game in January while shooting 42% from the field and plummeting.

Point being, there's a lot of blame to be passed around.

Rameek 01-18-2013 01:54 PM

Dude just isnt good. Like I said most people that gave him props didnt watch the Mavericks enough for me to even take their opinions seriously anyways. Even during the championship run he was a 20 minute player. With that said if he is helping other players with knowledge then its good. He can help other players with work ethic. Share experience. The guys is on board for 3 years and he just isnt a player anymore. 20 minutes at most. Even that 4th quarter business was idiotic.

And Telfair has played well this season. Hopefully they will get a good coach now that Alvin is history.

franchize 01-18-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
I thought that was Telfair, til I saw the minutes played.:lol

Since we're randomly stat pulling, someone is taking 9 threes a game in January while shooting 42% from the field and plummeting.

Point being, there's a lot of blame to be passed around.

:rolleyes: And the second leading scorer in the league....your point being. You cannot seriously be trying to make the comparison that I think you are.

Jason Kidd is DONE. He's a good leader. He can play a little backup but he's washed up. He just cannot play quality minutes anymore. He's giving us nothing in the starting lineup. When you go damn near a month without getting to the line, you're just proving you're nothing more than a set shot shooter. He's a non-threat on offense. He's allergic to the paint.

Im sorry Knickscity. You can pull that "let's blame the star player" card some other year but it's irrelevant this year. Melo has had a hand full of bad games. Bottom line is, he's playing like an MVP. Whether he gets it or not, its up for debate. But you cannot deny he's been excellent for the Knicks all season. If you chose to debate that, you'd just be hating. As far as the guys I criticize, Chandler has had some good streaks of quality play and some bad ones. He's been inconsistent but he is playing better. Jason Kidd on the other hand started off somewhat hot but has been nose diving for the last 2 months...especially since Felton left. You can bring up Melo all you want but it won't distract from the fact that Kidd is stinking the joint up. Any time it becomes a question of whether Prigioni should start ahead of you, you know you need to hand em up lol :oldlol:

knickscity 01-18-2013 07:13 PM

I thought the thread was just random January thoughts, if it's just about Kidd feel free to go ahead with that, I'll change the title and let you have fun with that.

Wont make a difference, he aint going no where, and yes I do feel overall he has good good impact, when folks actually said the dude was done.

Has he played bad in the month sure has, but so have others.

Feel free to enjoy, I'll step out of this one.