Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2013 Free Agency Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288257)

QUIZZLE 01-22-2013 11:27 PM

2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Some notable free agents at each position. If I forgot any big name guys let me know.

QB: Joe Flacco .....shitload of backups

RB: Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, Shonn Greene, Rashard Mendenhall(TAKE HIM)

WR: Wes Welker, Mike Wallace (probably Oakland, Minnesota bound), Greg Jennings, Danny Amendola, Dwyane Bowe, Brian Hartline

TE: Tony Gonzalez (though 99% retired), Jared Cook (Underrated beast), Martellus Bennett, Dustin Keller

OL: Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Volmer, Andre Smith, Branden Albert, Brandon Moore,

DL: Cliff Avril, Richard Seymour, Dwight Freeney, Osi Umenyora, Michael Johnson, Henry Melton, Randy Starks, Jason Jones

LB: Brian Urlacher, Anthony Spencer, Paul Kruger, Rey Maualuga, Shaun Phillips, Connor Barwin

DB: Aqib Talib, Brent Grimes, Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie, Sean Smith, Derek Cox, Ed Reed, Dashon Goldson, Jairus Byrd, Wiliiam Moore, Louis Delmas


Who do you want your squad to go after?

StateOfMind12 01-22-2013 11:34 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Craig Jennings will probably go to Miami.

irondarts 01-22-2013 11:57 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
I'm really interested in seeing what happens with Jake Long.

I don't think the Dolphins are going to re-sign him. It'd be great if the Cardinals went after him.

TylerOO 01-23-2013 12:27 AM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Steven Jackson.

BrickingStar 01-23-2013 02:39 AM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
I'm really interested in seeing what happens with Jake Long.

I don't think the Dolphins are going to re-sign him. It'd be great if the Cardinals went after him.

Yeah his franchise tag is worth 15 mil which would be an absolute robbery for long he's no where near worth that anymore, he looks like he's on the decline instead of hitting his prime.

irondarts 01-23-2013 02:54 AM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Yeah his franchise tag is worth 15 mil which would be an absolute robbery for long he's no where near worth that anymore, he looks like he's on the decline instead of hitting his prime.

Yeah he's definitely not worth that. And he isn't what he used to be. But he's still a good LT and it's going to be interesting to see what kind of money he gets.

InspiredLebowski 01-23-2013 06:32 AM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Paul Kruger's a FA right? I definitely expect Indy to pursue him.

knickballer 01-23-2013 09:27 AM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Paul Kruger's a FA right? I definitely expect Indy to pursue him.


Yea but I think he'll be resigned. With Ray Lewis retiring and with the possibility of Ed Reed leaving I think some cap will be freed up even after they give Flacco his mega contract.

I think Indy should go after someone like Jennings if it's not to expensive. They have depth at WR but your offense is heavily relied on the passing game and Wayne is getting up there in years so a successor is needed. But I guess in the interest of long term building they will stay away from giving Jennings a big contract and try their luck in the draft to fill that need.


BTW, Alex smith will also probably be a FA

Timmy D for MVP 01-23-2013 01:51 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
I am assuming Alex Smith and Matt Flynn will be allowed to walk this off-season giving two legitimate options for teams that would rather wait to take a QB. Although both Seattle and San Francisco could get some pieces back if they decide to trade them.

I would like to retain Dashon but not at the number he wants, unless a couple other players look for less money themselves. He is very good, but the value of keeping him weighed against the money freed up if we don't extend him is the issue.

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Issac Sopoaga a FA this year too? He's a pretty good D-Line target granted he is starting to creep up there in age.

irondarts 01-23-2013 01:54 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Chiefs need to sign Alex Smith to a 2 year deal. Take Luke Joeckel with the 1st overall pick and take Tyler Bray or Tyler Wilson in the 2nd round and let them develop for 2 years behind Smith.

Timmy D for MVP 01-23-2013 04:45 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
Chiefs need to sign Alex Smith to a 2 year deal. Take Luke Joeckel with the 1st overall pick and take Tyler Bray or Tyler Wilson in the 2nd round and let them develop for 2 years behind Smith.


I think all teams who need a QB need to pass on all these prospects in the first round. I honestly don't think a single QB in this class should trump other needs that they surely have.

Unfortunately there's only Alex who is as close to a lock at being a solid starting QB as is out there. Flynn is still just a little bit of an unknown. And this is a QB driven league. Someone will reach. It's impossible for them not to. And once one guy goes the other GM's will start panicking and thinking about reaching too.

This storyline alone will make the upcoming draft entertaining. It's like in fantasy leagues when some dude picks a QB and everyone else panics and gets one and you're sittin there like: "Well shit I can have AP AND Marshawn Lynch?"

Of course sometimes that back fires like when you think you're being clever and you get what you think is gonna be an unbeatable duo and you go ahead and and skip on Tom Brady cause you figure the output of your RB's would outpace his enough that you would offset the hit you would take by selecting an inferior QB later, plus some. But then one of your RB's doesn't produce nearly as much as you thought. And then you make it to the championship and lose to the person who did take Tom Brady. Btw this was Tom Brady.... 2007..... *sigh*

Can you taste the salt? :oldlol:

Riddler 01-23-2013 05:44 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
I want the Cowboys to go after Jairus Byrd... he seems like a decent safety.

maybe we can get Richard Seymour for a one year deal... Not the best player in the world, but if we draft a DL in the first round that would be a nice combo.. and Seymour could be a good mentor.

After that... I guess we use our 2nd and 3rd round picks on Offensive Linemen... or maybe a DT.

4th or 5th round pick on DeMarco Murray's back up.

It's not gonna be greatest offseason for the Cowboys, so I wouldn't mind if they do something similar like last year and trade up... But this time they should go after the right piece to the puzzle... a LINEMEN! (offensive or Defense).

irondarts 01-23-2013 09:17 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
The Patriots have signed CFL star and former USC DT Armond Armstead to a 3 year contract.

He was once a highly regarded pro prospect, but he missed his final season at USC (2011) because he had a heart attack. So he was forced to the CFL, where he's been absolutely dominant. He's still only 22 years old and is 6'5" 295 pounds.

This could be a great signing for the Patriots.

BrickingStar 01-23-2013 09:47 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddler
I want the Cowboys to go after Jairus Byrd... he seems like a decent safety.

maybe we can get Richard Seymour for a one year deal... Not the best player in the world, but if we draft a DL in the first round that would be a nice combo.. and Seymour could be a good mentor.

After that... I guess we use our 2nd and 3rd round picks on Offensive Linemen... or maybe a DT.

4th or 5th round pick on DeMarco Murray's back up.

It's not gonna be greatest offseason for the Cowboys, so I wouldn't mind if they do something similar like last year and trade up... But this time they should go after the right piece to the puzzle... a LINEMEN! (offensive or Defense).

He's not leaving the bills hands. I want to see where The Big 3 (Wallace, Bowe, Jennings) sign.

knickballer 01-23-2013 09:51 PM

Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
The Patriots have signed CFL star and former USC DT Armond Armstead to a 3 year contract.

He was once a highly regarded pro prospect, but he missed his final season at USC (2011) because he had a heart attack. So he was forced to the CFL, where he's been absolutely dominant. He's still only 22 years old and is 6'5" 295 pounds.

This could be a great signing for the Patriots.


Cameron Wake 2.0??

I still think they need help in the corner position. I feel that they get burnt every postseason through their CB's.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy