Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is There Any Non-Kings Fan That Feels Bad For the Move (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288352)

SilkkTheShocker 01-23-2013 03:55 PM

Are There Any Non-Kings Fan That Feels Bad For the Move

I think its hilarious how no one is making a big deal about the move. When Seattle moved it was a big deal. With the Kings, you actually see other fanbases hoping they go back to Seattle :oldlol:

TylerOO 01-23-2013 04:01 PM

Re: Is There Any Non-Kings Fan That Feels Bad For the Move

No one really cares about the kings tbh.

atljonesbro 01-23-2013 04:03 PM

The Sonics had way more swag

SilkkTheShocker 01-23-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atljonesbro
The Sonics had way more swag

This.

The Kings were basically the urinal the r.etarded kid in school would s.hit in.

9512 01-23-2013 04:06 PM

The kings have been at the bottom of league standings for so long (take away the cwebb and co era). I guess not as many fans care about the kings franchise staying in sac town cuz no one feels bad for a perrenial loser leaving.

Its just like the bucks or bobcats...

SilkkTheShocker 01-23-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerOO
No one really cares about the kings tbh.

For real. I think more people will be p.issed if they end up staying in Sacramento :oldlol:

Droid101 01-23-2013 04:08 PM

How many times does this need to be explained?

When Seattle was sold, the purchaser said he was going to keep them in Seattle, and that's the only reason the seller sold to him; guaranteed to be in Seattle. Right after the sale, he did everything in his power to move them to OKC.

When the Kings are sold, the Maloofs are not making any such demands, and the buyer is making it clear they want to move to Seattle.

Totally different situations.

DukeDelonte13 01-23-2013 04:10 PM

i feel kinda bad for them. It certainly sucked when the browns got ripped away but at least we got a team back relatively quickly. I don't think Sac will ever get one again. And it's not like it's "shitty Sacremento's" fault, the kings had terrible ownership.

Timmy D for MVP 01-23-2013 04:12 PM

They haven't been relevant recently, and when they were they weren't really superstar driven.

The Sonics were not supposed to move. Had it been known a year before, during the purchase that they were moving it wouldn't have been a big outcry. The Kings are being sold with intent to move.

Real simple. I dislike them but Kings fans are quite loud and proud... or at least they were. Recently it's been quieter here. Except for bandwagon Warrior fans.

Rick Kamla 01-23-2013 04:15 PM

I would love to see the Kings stay. They have such a great fan base and should not have their team taken away from them.

I could only imagine how horrible I will feel if it happened to my Wolves!

Kobe 4 The Win 01-23-2013 04:18 PM

No I don't care about the Sacramento Queens.

stax 01-23-2013 04:29 PM

Yeah man of course. A little over ten years ago the ARCO was the loudest arena in the league, I've always felt that fans are a big part of what makes any sport great, so yeah it sucks for them.

SilkkTheShocker 01-23-2013 04:41 PM

If it weren't for the 2002 season, the Kings would have literally nothing going for them.

FKAri 01-23-2013 04:56 PM

I'll miss Arco arena. I'll miss their history. I'll never forget those 02 and 03 Kings teams. They've got a ring as far as Im concerned.

RRR3 01-23-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid101
How many times does this need to be explained?

When Seattle was sold, the purchaser said he was going to keep them in Seattle, and that's the only reason the seller sold to him; guaranteed to be in Seattle. Right after the sale, he did everything in his power to move them to OKC.

When the Kings are sold, the Maloofs are not making any such demands, and the buyer is making it clear they want to move to Seattle.

Totally different situations.

Didn't the Maloofs say they'd keep the team in Sacramento if a certain thing happened (I can't remember exactly what it was but I'm pretty sure whatever it was the city did it). I thought they went back on their word, I can't remember exactly what though. Anyone know?