Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PREDICTIONS: Easy stretch coming up (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289035)

Clutch 01-29-2013 02:58 AM

PREDICTIONS: Easy stretch coming up

Jan. 30: vs Orlando
Feb. 1: vs Milwaukee
Feb. 2: vs Sacramento
Feb. 4: vs Detroit
Feb. 6: @ Washington
Feb. 8: @ Minnesota

Orlando and Minnesota combined for 3-17 in their last 10 games. We should definitely beat Sacramento and Detroit at home.
Wizards are playing well lately but we are the better team,same with the Bucks.

So,we're playing 6 teams that are all clearly worse than us. 4 of those games are at MSG.

We should really take advantage because this is as easy as it's going to get until the end of the season.

We should really go 5-1 or 6-0.

Scoooter 01-29-2013 11:43 PM

Re: PREDICTIONS: Easy stretch coming up

6-0.

franchize 01-30-2013 02:24 PM

These are actually the games I worry about. The Milwaukee games always make me nervous. Orlando gives us a scare and Minnesota plays really hard. I say we go 4-2. Wouldn't be surprised about 3-3.

Clutch 01-30-2013 03:02 PM

Well,at least we shouldn't worry about the game against Orlando.
I played it on NBA 2K13. Knicks won 120-79.

Felton had a monster game. 18 points,6 rebounds,21 assists and 3 steals :bowdown:
Melo with the usual 33 points and 9 rebounds.
Amare added 27 points on 12-13 shooting,mostly thanks to Felton. :bowdown:

Magic pick and roll defense in the game is absolutely atrocious. Usually I don't use pick and roll that much but today it was a field day. Almost every pick and roll resulted in a basket.

Felton > Nash + Stockton :lol

knickscity 01-30-2013 04:00 PM

21 assists?

If he pulls that off tonite, you must give me some powerball numbers to play.:lol

6-0 on these games should be the goal, time to pad that win record against some subpar comp.

Clutch 01-31-2013 12:22 AM

Knicks won by 10+ points,Felton had 9 assists and Amare had an efficient game.

I wasn't that far off. :lol

bluechox2 01-31-2013 01:50 AM

amare coming along nicely on offense but his defense needs work

6-0 shouldn't be unrealistic

franchize 01-31-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
amare coming along nicely on offense but his defense needs work

6-0 shouldn't be unrealistic

Amare's legs seem to be more lively than I've seen in a while. He's being ultra aggressive which is a gift and a curse. I like that he's playing with confidence but he's also becoming a bull in a china shop. He needs t compose himself before he explodes to the rim. He's getting stripped by weaker players and blocked by guys who really hould e getting posterized.

Scoooter 01-31-2013 03:34 PM

He should be getting the ball more. JR Smith has no idea what to do with the pick and roll. He's costing us two or three big dunks a game.

niko 01-31-2013 06:27 PM

5-1. Always easy to trip up here and there.

franchize 02-01-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
He should be getting the ball more. JR Smith has no idea what to do with the pick and roll. He's costing us two or three big dunks a game.

Maybe that should be a sign that our PG's aren't getting the job done.

knickscity 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize

Felton has done fine in his return, averaging 13 points and 9 assists on 50% shooting in our last two wins, and less than 2 assists in his return given the fact he had none in our last game.

Pablo has actually been shooting over 60% from the field in his last 4-5 games, but i do wanna see more assists from him.

Defensively they need to apply better pressure.

franchize 02-01-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Felton has done fine in his return, averaging 13 points and 9 assists on 50% shooting in our last two wins, and less than 2 assists in his return given the fact he had none in our last game.

Pablo has actually been shooting over 60% from the field in his last 4-5 games, but i do wanna see more assists from him.

Defensively they need to apply better pressure.

I was more so referring to Kidd and Prigioni. Felton just came back. I actually like how he's played offensively. Prigioni has been better though. Not good enough, but improved.

knickscity 02-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

I was more so referring to Kidd and Prigioni. Felton just came back. I actually like how he's played offensively. Prigioni has been better though. Not good enough, but improved.

Kidd rarely plays the point.

I would like to see Pablo run more sets with amare, but being a backup he's ok.

Scoooter 02-01-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

JR Smith still spends a lot of time running the offense (and wasting possessions), which doesn't make any sense with all those point guards.