Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Interesting LeBron quotes about the Nets (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289189)

insidehoops 01-30-2013 05:21 PM

Interesting LeBron quotes about the Nets

“They are not doing anything different. They are playing with more passion, more together, they are playing like they want to play for their coach,” James said. “It sucks that Avery had to take the hit of them not wanting to play at a high level, but that's what it looks like to me. They haven't changed their offense, they haven't changed their defense. They've picked it up in intensity level and you can tell they like to play for PJ.”

-- NY Daily News

Kiddlovesnets 01-30-2013 06:41 PM

Re: Interesting LeBron quotes about the Nets

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
“They are not doing anything different. They are playing with more passion, more together, they are playing like they want to play for their coach,” James said. “It sucks that Avery had to take the hit of them not wanting to play at a high level, but that's what it looks like to me. They haven't changed their offense, they haven't changed their defense. They've picked it up in intensity level and you can tell they like to play for PJ.”

-- NY Daily News

Yeah, I kinda agree with him, nothing has changed much for the nets except for the efforts. PJ Carlesimo is clearly not a long-term solution for us anyway, so if we make it to 2nd round this season, it'd be a huge success.

gigantes 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

wow... lebron's comments AFTER the game were a whole lot more interesting. not to mention, interesting the way wallace went off on everyone's lack of effort and dwill's lack of leadership.

Quote:

Reggie Evans made a strategic error on Wednesday afternoon when he said the Heat game was like any other game and that LeBron James was like any other player. Worse, he denigrated the Heat's championship last season by claiming it wasn't legitimate because of the lockout-shortened season.

The first he probably could have gotten away with. A lot of players will prepare for a game by noting it's just another game and that everyone is human, put their pants on the same way as everyone else, etc. etc..

But the second was a no-no. It got under the Heat skin, and particularly that of LeBron James who only two days before had had an emotional visit to the White House to celebrate the Heat's championship season..

"You can't just come out and say something like that versus a champion," James said after the game. "No one knows what it takes unless you've done it. You can't sit here and judge and talk about a team winning a championship unless you've done it. (Evans) hasn't done it.

lot of interesting comments on this matter and about what's broken on the nets. and i do mean a LOT.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/1/31/3...h-locker-rooms

niko 01-31-2013 07:05 PM

It's one game. It's not necessarily an indication of things to come or even things wrong. But i do not like Evan's bashing simply because it was selfish, a very LOOK AT ME thing (he doesn't even cover Lebron) and i feel comfortable saying that now because his comments after the game pretty much confirmed that. He didn't seem to get it at all.

Kiddlovesnets 01-31-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
It's one game. It's not necessarily an indication of things to come or even things wrong. But i do not like Evan's bashing simply because it was selfish, a very LOOK AT ME thing (he doesn't even cover Lebron) and i feel comfortable saying that now because his comments after the game pretty much confirmed that. He didn't seem to get it at all.

To some extent his comment irritates Lebron. The Nets were never able to guard Wade, so they need Lebron to have a mediocre game to stand a chance. When both Lebron and Wade are hitting shots, we'd be lucky not to lose by 30.