Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The "it" factor (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289235)

Tking714 01-30-2013 10:39 PM

The "it" factor

Anyone here scared that the Knicks don't have that "it" factor. That thing you need to win it all. I'm not sure how to completely describe it. But that vibe that you got from guys like Ben Wallace+Tayshaun, Kobe+Fisher, Duncan+Manu, Dirk+JJ, Wade in 06, Bron+Battier Last year. That leave it all out on the court. Shoot sub 40% but make all the big plays. Grab that extra rebound, or hit that dagger.

I'm just not feeling it. Not sure if this post made sense. But when you had those guys out there you felt confident that they would perform and not shrink. Let me clarify a bit.

Melo is a winner. Period. He was dominant in High School. He was a champ in college. He came into the NBA and made a non-playoff a contender each year. Came to the Knicks and made us a legitimate threat. He's a complete and total winner. But when things clamp down and he has Bron and Wade and Battier going at him I just get this nervous feeling that he'll shut down or not make the right play. He has always had Brons number 1 on 1. But Lebron is such an improved defender I'm not sure. I don't think he can find a way to go at Lebron unless it's scoring in the post.

My main concern is Miami. Lebron has "it" now. And he won't lose "it". Does Melo or Amare have it in them to assert themselves on the boards and trust a guy like Felton to do what Battier did last year. To pinpoint Lebron on the court during a crucial rebound and say "I'm boxing him out. He's not getting this rebound." or "I'm not gonna let Lebron get out in transition, even if I don't touch the ball on this offensive possession."

If I'm still not making sense think of "it" like this. JR Smith completely and honestly believes in his heart that he has "it". But the whole world knows otherwise.

Any Thoughts?

el gringos 01-30-2013 11:30 PM

Re: The "it" factor

I believe Carmelo and jr both have "it". Lets hope there is a chance to find out if Carmelo stands up at the end of games with the heat. That's best case scenerio

I think it's all about building around Carmelo's strengths and not just build despite him. I think the team is a big short (2 if there is no Camby or Rasheed) and that the most important move that could be made is to get a big that offensively can swap roles with Carmelo and draw a big defender to the perimeter

Tking714 02-07-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
I believe Carmelo and jr both have "it". Lets hope there is a chance to find out if Carmelo stands up at the end of games with the heat. That's best case scenerio

I think it's all about building around Carmelo's strengths and not just build despite him. I think the team is a big short (2 if there is no Camby or Rasheed) and that the most important move that could be made is to get a big that offensively can swap roles with Carmelo and draw a big defender to the perimeter

I'm not 100% sold on JR yet. Guess we'll have to wait until the playoffs.

Scoooter 02-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tking714
Melo is a winner. Period. He was dominant in High School. He was a champ in college. He came into the NBA and made a non-playoff a contender each year. Came to the Knicks and made us a legitimate threat. He's a complete and total winner. But when things clamp down and he has Bron and Wade and Battier going at him I just get this nervous feeling that he'll shut down or not make the right play. He has always had Brons number 1 on 1. But Lebron is such an improved defender I'm not sure. I don't think he can find a way to go at Lebron unless it's scoring in the post.

Any Thoughts?

Hi, I'm Scoooter.

franchize 02-08-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
Hi, I'm Scoooter.

:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll:

This has got to be on the list of best responses EVER on this board lol