Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   i'm on joe buddens promotional team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28938)

This is NJK2kMJ 02-05-2007 06:14 PM

i'm on joe buddens promotional team

im posting up a link to part of his new song that will be the first single on his album..

please download it and tell me

1. Do you like the beat?

2. Do you tihnk it would be a radio hit? Club hit?

thanks.

also i can only post a snippet.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jaxfyn

AI Nuggets3 02-05-2007 06:15 PM

Re: i'm on joe buddens promotional team

never heard of him.

This is NJK2kMJ 02-05-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
never heard of him.

thats good so listen to the song.

DatZNasty 02-05-2007 06:34 PM

I don't feel like clicking the link, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say tell Joe to stop putting out all this depressing garbage about how the industry and Def Jam are victimizing him. It has gotten old

haterofhaters 02-05-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
If I print "I enjoy bagels" on the InsideHoops.com front page and rumors page, a day later, at least 40,000 people will know that I like bagels.

true, but if you typed i like bagels. go on this bagels website to check out the brand of bagels i like, i'm not sure everyone would flock to it.

vincentda 02-05-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

I can snap my fingers and tell 40,000 - 80,000 people to listen to his new track.

(By using the regular InsideHoops.com website, not this board)

If you want to outshine every single other promotional person doing what you're doing, have your marketing manager get in touch with me at editor@insidehoops.com

I can get in touch with the label/marketing dept myself, but if you do it, and they work something out with me, they'll have you to thank.

Jeff

Jeff,
That was a great response. I probably would of cut that middle guy out - just kidding.

NJK2kMJ,
how do you get paid by having people click on a sendspace link.

StroShow4 02-05-2007 06:39 PM

i actually like it

insidehoops 02-05-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haterofhaters
true, but if you typed i like bagels. go on this bagels website to check out the brand of bagels i like, i'm not sure everyone would flock to it.

True, but that's not how ads work. It's a given that if you tell 50,000 people that something is cool, not all 50,000 are gonna check it out. Not even close. The ability to instantly alert tens of thousands of people of something is what's of value

Anyway I pulled my comment off, because if I really wanna do something with Budden I'd just call his record label and not go through a promotional team.

vincentda 02-05-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haterofhaters

not the point.

Most people pay for CPMs (cost per 1,000 impressions) with a min of $1 per CPM so that's $40-80K

I noticed you took off your comment so you might want to remove it from my quote too or just delete my post about the pricing.

haterofhaters 02-05-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

True, but that's not how ads work. It's a given that if you tell 50,000 people that something is cool, not all 50,000 are gonna check it out. Not even close. The ability to instantly alert tens of thousands of people of something is what's of value

Anyway I pulled my comment off, because if I really wanna do something with Budden I'd just call his record label and not go through a promotional team.

agreed. and, it must be nice having connections. maybe i'll get lucky one of these days.