Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Um....the Washington Wizards....are good now? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289882)

bagelred 02-07-2013 11:58 AM

Um....the Washington Wizards....are good now?

I was so p-ssed the Knicks lost to the freakin' lowly Wizards...in a pathetic effort.

But actually....the Wizards...well, are actually good now? :confusedshrug: Remember when the Wizards were 4 - 28 ? They are 9 - 7 in last 16 games and look at these games:

OKC - WIN
Atlanta - WIN
Orlando - WIN
Sacramento - LOSS - 2 points on road
Denver - WIN
Clippers - LOSS by 7 on road
Portland - WIN
Utah - LOSS by 4 on road
Minny - WIN
Chicago - WIN
Sacramento - LOSS by 2
Philly - LOSS by 8 on road
Memphis - LOSS by 9 on road
San Antonio - LOSS by 10 on road
Clippers - WIN
New York - WIN

Bolded are teams above .500.

I picked Wizards as an 8th seed beginning of the year, which looked really stupid, but now we see the REAL Wizards. :eek:

OK, I feel better about last night. :oldlol:

BrickingStar 02-07-2013 12:02 PM

Re: Um....the Washington Wizards....are good now?

Knicks lost to the Wizards.

Droid101 02-07-2013 12:02 PM

MtMutombo 02-07-2013 12:11 PM

:rockon:

SCdac 02-07-2013 12:14 PM

Nene missed the first 9 games, and Wall missed the first 30 or so games. Their initial crapiness is pretty easy to explain. It would be like the Cavs playing without Kyrie Irving, which they are 2-9 this season I believe.

Dro 02-07-2013 12:15 PM

Yes, they are good now...

KrizMiz 02-07-2013 12:47 PM

early in the season they lost 7 games with 1 or 2 points :/ never were that bad!

tikay0 02-07-2013 12:52 PM

Once Wall returned, the whole dynamic of that team changed. I can tell you first hand that they're a dangerous team.

Clifton 02-07-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

But actually....the Wizards...well, are actually good now? Remember when the Wizards were 4 - 28 ? They are 9 - 7 in last 16 games and look at these games:
Their entire starting lineup has been injured almost the entire season. And they don't have much of a bench. If the Blazers had 3 or 4 starters out for 80% of their games, and Lillard out for all of them, they wouldn't have a great record either.

Their roster is filled with players we all know to be good, like Nene and Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza. Then got John Wall at the point. A pretty good rookie in Bradley Beal. Decent sixth man Jordan Crawford. Most projected them to make the playoffs.

Their roster is still incurably mediocre, though. It would take a miracle trade or two of the kind only Lakers and Celtics are known to pull off for them to be truly relevant. Their absolute ceiling is Chris Paul's Hornets.

roffie 02-07-2013 01:56 PM

it's about time wizards!

imdaman99 02-07-2013 01:58 PM

they would have been competing for a playoff spot if they werent so injured all year. in the east, maybe 6th or 7th seed.

magnax1 02-07-2013 02:26 PM

Wall is and likely will continue to be under rated as hell.

Whoah10115 02-07-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCdac
Nene missed the first 9 games, and Wall missed the first 30 or so games. Their initial crapiness is pretty easy to explain. It would be like the Cavs playing without Kyrie Irving, which they are 2-9 this season I believe.

They were in 2-8 before he went down.

But I see your point...goes to show how beyond embarrassing it was to not trade for James Harden...if that's legit. Holy shit.

DukeDelonte13 02-07-2013 02:45 PM

its good to see them start getting back on track. I hope Beal continues to improve for them. I'd hate to see them just become mediocre again.

b0bab0i 02-07-2013 03:08 PM

They were without NENE & John wall for the beginning of the season.