Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290069)

tikay0 02-08-2013 10:31 PM

Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
The league is soft as cotton now a days. I know this is old news, but back in the day, if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.

Now a days, there's none of that. If you do, you're out of the game, and get suspended.

That reason alone prevents him from being the G.O.A.T.

Remember, back in the day, there were teams trying to take MJ's head off from the opening tip.

Players have it too easy these days.

PistolPete44 02-08-2013 10:34 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, who ?

and Kobe is the GOAT according to Ish because he scores 81 rings and has 5 rings

tikay0 02-08-2013 10:35 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PistolPete44
if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, who ?

and Kobe is the GOAT according to Ish because he scores 81 rings and has 5 rings


Ummmm......any enforcer on the opposing team. Something, NO team has now a days.

imdaman99 02-08-2013 10:36 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
nowadays, this is a flagrant. a dirty foul :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkxTd83RAs

Hank 02-08-2013 10:36 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
It's because the Clippers are pretenders


lol at the people here who said the Clippers are the one team from the west that could beat Miami in a 7 game series


NO Chance.


NONE

ihoopallday 02-08-2013 10:37 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
It's been like that for years so we're all pretty much used to it. But I was born in 91 so can't really speak on the MJ days. However, I have watched enough footage from the 80/90's so I'll have to agree with your post about the defense.

Clippersfan86 02-08-2013 10:37 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank
It's because the Clippers are pretenders


lol at the people here who said the Clippers are the one team from the west that could beat Miami in a 7 game series


NO Chance.


NONE


Hank you really wanna go there? I went to bat for your sorry ass when ISH trolled the living fu** out of you and exposed you. One blowout doesn't make a team a contender or a pretender. Clippers still have the 3rd best record in the NBA, settle down.

tikay0 02-08-2013 10:38 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
nowadays, this is a flagrant. a dirty foul :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkxTd83RAs


LMFAO. :facepalm league is soft as cotton. Back in the day, you'd get like 4-5 of those a game. Imagine what MJ went through on a nightly basis, compared to Lebron.........:facepalm

asdf1990 02-08-2013 10:39 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Didn't he go 13/13 at one point in the nba final nobody met him at the rim?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy 02-08-2013 10:39 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Funny that you say that, tikay0. I was just thinking about how this Heat team would play under the old rules / era where physicality and handchecking was LEGAL.

NY, Indy, Portland, Utah ... Who wouldn't wanna watch those old Bulls teams lay into these "champions" :confusedshrug:

imdaman99 02-08-2013 10:39 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
LMFAO. :facepalm league is soft as cotton. Back in the day, you'd get like 4-5 of those a game. Imagine what MJ went through on a nightly basis, compared to Lebron.........:facepalm

mj got his lunch money taken by the bad boy pistons. imagine what they would do to lebron

nbarumorz 02-08-2013 10:40 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Gotta hate the pricks known as "Heat Fans"

Stadium is dead quiet as game end and 90% empty. Seriously so spoiled they get bored if they are leading by too much. Shameful.

BrickingStar 02-08-2013 10:40 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tikay0
The league is soft as cotton now a days. I know this is old news, but back in the day, if MJ was going off, starting 5/5 or 6/6 from the field. There would be a guy that would meet him at the rim, and make sure he thought twice about driving. Or a player on the opposing team that would check him with some cheap/dirty tactics.

Now a days, there's none of that. If you do, you're out of the game, and get suspended.

That reason alone prevents him from being the G.O.A.T.

Remember, back in the day, there were teams trying to take MJ's head off from the opening tip.

Players have it too easy these days.

and you're into that? And lebron was bombarding them from the perimeter and 4-5 something the GOAT wasn't really well at with his treys. Good luck getting a guy to meet him at the rim when he's shooting like that

tikay0 02-08-2013 10:40 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ihoopallday
It's been like that for years so we're all pretty much used to it. But I was born in 91 so can't really speak on the MJ days. However, I have watched enough footage from the 80/90's so I'll have to agree with your post about the defense.


Believe me, I'm not even talking about hand checking, etc. I'm primarily talking about enforcers that would make sure you'd think twice, if you were going off on them.

You even had guard enforcers like a Vernon Maxwell, that would literally start a fight with you, if you were owning his team. Or do super dirty things that would get you off your game.

With Lebron's mentality, would he be able to deal with that, without wilting?

tikay0 02-08-2013 10:41 PM

Re: Watching Heat/Clippers tonight, reminded me of something.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Funny that you say that, tikay0. I was just thinking about how this Heat team would play under the old rules / era where physicality and handchecking was LEGAL.

NY, Indy, Portland, Utah ... Who wouldn't wanna watch those old Bulls teams lay into these "champions" :confusedshrug:


I know right.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy