Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290414)

insidehoops 02-12-2013 08:11 PM

Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Even with Pau Gasol out at least five to seven more weeks because of a foot injury, the teamís options are fairly limited. The Lakers have the disabled players exception stemmed from Jordan Hillís season-ending hip injury. But the Lakers can only use this exception to sign a free agent for up to one season or acquire a player making up to $1.88 million through a trade. Players such as Lou Amundson and Kenyon Martin would fit under that exception.

-- LA Daily News Blog

DKLaker 02-12-2013 08:53 PM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Even with Pau Gasol out at least five to seven more weeks because of a foot injury, the teamís options are fairly limited. The Lakers have the disabled players exception stemmed from Jordan Hillís season-ending hip injury. But the Lakers can only use this exception to sign a free agent for up to one season or acquire a player making up to $1.88 million through a trade. Players such as Lou Amundson and Kenyon Martin would fit under that exception.

-- LA Daily News Blog



Not so limited, they can still make matching dollar trades.

lakerfreak 02-13-2013 05:24 AM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
The lakers need to analyze what/who is more important.

There is a clear division between Dwight and Pau and one of those guys will need to go. If they choose to keep Dwight, then Pau must be traded now for a nice relief package. Perhaps cap space and picks.

If they choose Pau over Dwight, then Dwight will need to immediately be traded for young competitive players. But a decision needs to be made soon.

DKLaker 02-13-2013 11:48 AM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The lakers need to analyze what/who is more important.

There is a clear division between Dwight and Pau and one of those guys will need to go. If they choose to keep Dwight, then Pau must be traded now for a nice relief package. Perhaps cap space and picks.

If they choose Pau over Dwight, then Dwight will need to immediately be traded for young competitive players. But a decision needs to be made soon.



If it's a choice between the 2 then it's an absolute no-brainer that Pau has to go.

bladefd 02-13-2013 07:11 PM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The lakers need to analyze what/who is more important.

There is a clear division between Dwight and Pau and one of those guys will need to go. If they choose to keep Dwight, then Pau must be traded now for a nice relief package. Perhaps cap space and picks.

If they choose Pau over Dwight, then Dwight will need to immediately be traded for young competitive players. But a decision needs to be made soon.


Whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses.

Lets wait till off-season before we start discussing who must go. Pau is out injured pretty badly so nobody is going to trade for him right now anyways. Trading Dwight would not be in best interests of this team's future. IMO, it would be stupid to trade Dwight unless if he tells Mitch he is leaving this team in off-season.

Also, they need to make a decision on D'Antoni and his system. If I had a choice, I would go separate ways from D'Antoni and find a coach willing to use AND start both together. Handcuff and muzzle Jimmy Buss too for a month while at it so he doesn't do something stupid again. Only uncuff/unmuzzle him for toilet and food time.

DKLaker 02-13-2013 07:26 PM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefd
Whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses.

Lets wait till off-season before we start discussing who must go. Pau is out injured pretty badly so nobody is going to trade for him right now anyways. Trading Dwight would not be in best interests of this team's future. IMO, it would be stupid to trade Dwight unless if he tells Mitch he is leaving this team in off-season.

Also, they need to make a decision on D'Antoni and his system. If I had a choice, I would go separate ways from D'Antoni and find a coach willing to use AND start both together. Handcuff and muzzle Jimmy Buss too for a month while at it so he doesn't do something stupid again. Only uncuff/unmuzzle him for toilet and food time.


:bowdown: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

lakerfreak 02-13-2013 09:12 PM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefd
Whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses.

Lets wait till off-season before we start discussing who must go. Pau is out injured pretty badly so nobody is going to trade for him right now anyways. Trading Dwight would not be in best interests of this team's future. IMO, it would be stupid to trade Dwight unless if he tells Mitch he is leaving this team in off-season.

Also, they need to make a decision on D'Antoni and his system. If I had a choice, I would go separate ways from D'Antoni and find a coach willing to use AND start both together. Handcuff and muzzle Jimmy Buss too for a month while at it so he doesn't do something stupid again. Only uncuff/unmuzzle him for toilet and food time.


If the lakers want to have a chance this season, (which is bleak, but still existent) they need to locate the problem right now, and do away with that. Otherwise this season can already be deemed as an official failure by the players, management, and the coach. I still have not accepted the fact that this season is a failure.

If we go on a ten game winning streak, suddenly we're not only in the playoffs, but close to the other top teams. We've gone 17-1 with Phil Jackson in his last season after there were problems early on. An 8th place Houston Rockets team won the championship. This is why as a fan, I will continue to seek the problem, and hopefully raise an army to solve it immediately.

DKLaker 02-13-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Should Lakers try to make moves before trade deadline?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If the lakers want to have a chance this season, (which is bleak, but still existent) they need to locate the problem right now, and do away with that. Otherwise this season can already be deemed as an official failure by the players, management, and the coach. I still have not accepted the fact that this season is a failure.

If we go on a ten game winning streak, suddenly we're not only in the playoffs, but close to the other top teams. We've gone 17-1 with Phil Jackson in his last season after there were problems early on. An 8th place Houston Rockets team won the championship. This is why as a fan, I will continue to seek the problem, and hopefully raise an army to solve it immediately.


Oh......I've located the problem :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
And because of that we can't expect a 10 game streak and 17-1????
:biggums: 17-1 :biggums:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy