Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why are MJ fans so insecure? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291057)

atljonesbro 02-18-2013 11:37 PM

Why are MJ fans so insecure?

Every time someone brings something up about Kobe they all rush full speed to make sure they talk him down. I don't get it, if MJ is better than Kobe than why do you all try to downplay Kobe whenever you can?

305Baller 02-18-2013 11:39 PM

Re: Why are MJ fans so insecure?

because Michael Jackson.

gengiskhan 02-18-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Every time someone brings something up about Kobe they all rush full speed to make sure they talk him down. I don't get it, if MJ is better than Kobe than why do you all try to downplay Kobe whenever you can?

I was NOT an MJ fan growing up.

I was a CLYDE fan growing up.

BUT

No great player in NBA History is more OVERRATED & POLARIZING than Kobe Bryant.

He has 5 Rings but 3 of those rings were gifted to him by SHAQ clearly.

He won 1 MVP over 17 yrs of his career. NOT Enough in today's era to show dominance when Nash like Tier 2 superstar has 2 MVPs.

Kobe is a product of LAL franchise winning wise.

If Kobe played as a NON-Laker in NBA, he will NEVER make it to NBA Finals unlike LBJ. The MAIN reason: His Pathetic shot selection at 45%FG as SG.

But constantly, ESPN & NBA try to forcefully put Kobe into league of MJ, Magic, Bird but clearly NEVER was, is, will be at that LEVEL.

BECAUSE

KOBE Lacks 2 cardinal things. D.O.M.I.N.A.N.C.E...&....E.F.F.IC.I.E.N.C.Y.

onhcetum 02-18-2013 11:50 PM

Kobe and Lebron (at their respective stages of their careers) have no argument against Jordan whatsoever. Absolutely none. Kobe fans know this, and don't even try to even debate.

What I don't like is when everyone hypes up the 80s and 90s and overrate the heck of the teams and players back then. A classic case of... back in my day syndrome. You can't look at me with a straight face and tell me the league has gotten worse the past 20+ years. It goes against everything we have observed. You guys talking about "Robinson, Ewing, Payton, Barkley, Malone, and Stockton" and the great "Boston, LA, Detroit, Jazz, and Bulls team". Well, guess what? 10 years from now, we'll be saying the exact same thing about the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, and Heat and Lebron, Wade, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Dirk, CP3, Durant, and all of the other greats from this generation. Give it a break.

Players have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster (on average, of course).

Round Mound 02-19-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gengiskhan

BUT

He won 1 MVP over 17 yrs of his career. NOT Enough in today's era to show dominance when Nash like Tier 2 superstar has 2 MVPs.

If Kobe played as a NON-Laker in NBA, he will NEVER make it to NBA Finals unlike LBJ. The MAIN reason: His Pathetic shot selection at 45%FG as SG.

But constantly, ESPN & NBA try to forcefully put Kobe into league of MJ, Magic, Bird but clearly NEVER was, is, will be at that LEVEL.

BECAUSE

This

CHi1PriDe 02-19-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

BUT

BECAUSE

Damn, treated. Gotta copy and saved this for future MJ and Kobe debates but I've been a fan of MJ since I can remember :cheers:

dbk123 02-19-2013 12:15 AM

Because kobe has 5 rings. I hate kobe but hes the only dude in the league that is close to surpassing mj in rings

Wang Zhi Zhi 02-19-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

BUT

BECAUSE

:applause: :cheers:

would rep

diamenz 02-19-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atljonesbro

because naive teenagers need to be put in their place for spreading false info.

NumberSix 02-19-2013 12:22 AM

I still haven't been convinced that Jordan>Wilt.

atljonesbro 02-19-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

BUT

BECAUSE

I don't get why this post is getting so much praise. We've heard all of this before (most of it is bias crap). The only difference is he put it in bold. He still didn't answer my question.

gengiskhan 02-19-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberSix
I still haven't been convinced that Jordan>Wilt.

Check MJ's & Wilt's post-season & NBA Finals Stats, where real winning happens.

In reg sea, Wilt stat-padded like a "moss on the mississippi tree stump". So did MJ in 1987.

BUT

In Post-season, you cant stat-pad as you play Top 8 defenses. MJ got medieval as Wilt got OWNED.

ThaRegul8r 02-19-2013 12:35 AM

Most (not all, as I know some who are not) fans on internet basketball forums are insecure. Hence the disparaging of anyone they perceive to be a threat (either contemporary or historical) to their favorite player(s). Which is why I find it amusing when people complain about their favorite player being "hated on," yet have no compunction about turning around and slamming another player whom they have no emotional investment in.

scandisk_ 02-19-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

BUT

BECAUSE

Damn pauk, I thought you've moved on with that 1,500 word meltdown?

****** doesn't even know how to stop.

#swatted2wice

:applause:

Money 23 02-19-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
Most (not all, as I know some who are not) fans on internet basketball forums are insecure. Hence the disparaging of anyone they perceive to be a threat (either contemporary or historical) to their favorite player(s). Which is why I find it amusing when people complain about their favorite player being "hated on," yet have no compunction about turning around and slamming another player whom they have no emotional investment in.

Or in simple terms, it's fans being fans. Everyone has "their guy" or "their team" ... the ones they argue to the death over, it's part of the fun of being a fan. Since when was that ever a bad thing?