Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wizards are 13-9 since Wall came back (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291798)

RoundMoundOfReb 02-25-2013 10:38 PM

Wizards are 13-9 since Wall came back

PER 36 numbers of 17 points 9 assists 41.1% fg 1/13 on 3s 81.2 FT% .

He's not even a decent jump shooter but clearly he's making a big impact. I say the Wiz are a playoff team next year.

3peated 02-25-2013 10:39 PM

Re: Wizards are 13-9 since Wall came back

only because they're in the east, lol.

but it's a bit early to say that. you can't assume every team is goign to stay the same next year

Richesly 02-25-2013 10:40 PM

Why did you use PER 36 and not even post his shooting percentages.

RoundMoundOfReb 02-25-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richesly
Why did you use PER 36 and not even post his shooting percentages.

I used per 36 because he was being eased into the line-up playing only like 20 mins for a while.

dbk123 02-25-2013 10:56 PM

he better work his ass off this off season. He really needs to get a decent jump shot. I saw an old video and he acted like a big brother/mentor to kyrie. Maybe now that kyrie suprassed him and became an all star he'll have some motivation.

no pun intended 02-25-2013 11:01 PM

Nene plays the PF position awfully well. I am actually surprised that a Nene/Okafor frontcourt actually worked out.

andremiller07 02-26-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no pun intended
Nene plays the PF position awfully well. I am actually surprised that a Nene/Okafor frontcourt actually worked out.

This x 100 Okafor has ressurected him career completely and has been playing the best since he left Bobcats, with Nene hes a super talent no doubt just injuries held him back. Im still amazingly dissapointed in Chirs Singleton, Trevor Brooker has been pretty good to as well as the other supporting cast.

ralph_i_el 02-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
This x 100 Okafor has ressurected him career completely and has been playing the best since he left Bobcats, with Nene hes a super talent no doubt just injuries held him back. Im still amazingly dissapointed in Chirs Singleton, Trevor Brooker has been pretty good to as well as the other supporting cast.

:cheers: exactly.

Nene has such a well rounded game. Hit's open jumpers, hits the open man, consistent post game and faceup game, and boxes out like a mofo

SCdac 02-26-2013 10:32 AM

I hate to see them lose, but I'm actually glad they will be getting a high draft pick. Kind of what every middle-of-the-pack team wishes they had... I hope the Wizards build in a way similar to OKC. Great players on cheap rookie contracts. Wasn't long ago they signed Gilbert Arenas to 6 years/110 million.

Bandito 02-26-2013 11:38 AM

I am shocked that after losing their main player who is also their playmaker the went 13-9.

tontoz 02-26-2013 11:41 AM

I think Wall gets too much credit for the turnaround. He really hasn't been playing that well. He has been shooting poorly and making a lot of dumb turnovers. There are other factors involved in the turnaround.

Other guys (Price, Ariza) came back from injury at roughly the same time.

The Wizards were playing Dleague scrubs at the point before Wall came back. Any average pg would have been a huge upgrade.

Some other players (Beal, Okafor, Webster) started stepping up their games before Wall came back.

Whoah10115 02-26-2013 11:50 AM

I wanna see Nene put up 18 and 9...He's boxing out, as someone said, but I want his minutes to be consistent. He's a great passer, runs the floor so well, and is a legitimate post player, on both sides. If only he put all of this together, while staying healthy.

Wall has had an impact, as his returning has given the other players the desire to play. They had Jordan Crawford play a lot of PG this season. Just think about how stupid that sounds.

They need a coach tho.

tontoz 02-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I wanna see Nene put up 18 and 9...He's boxing out, as someone said, but I want his minutes to be consistent. He's a great passer, runs the floor so well, and is a legitimate post player, on both sides. If only he put all of this together, while staying healthy.

Wall has had an impact, as his returning has given the other players the desire to play. They had Jordan Crawford play a lot of PG this season. Just think about how stupid that sounds.

They need a coach tho.

The coach has been doing fine. He just doesn't have much to work with. What they need is a new GM.

Several recent 1st round picks are pretty much useless (Vesely, Singleton, Seraphin, Booker) while other teams are getting contributions from late 1st and 2nd round picks.

If any of their best players get hurt there is a huge dropoff.

Haymaker 02-26-2013 12:17 PM

So are the Wiz giving Beal a break, or is he a trading chip for the offseason? How you Wiz fans see it?

Whoah10115 02-26-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tontoz
The coach has been doing fine. He just doesn't have much to work with. What they need is a new GM.

Several recent 1st round picks are pretty much useless (Vesely, Singleton, Seraphin, Booker) while other teams are getting contributions from late 1st and 2nd round picks.

If any of their best players get hurt there is a huge dropoff.

I wanted to ask if Vesely can ever turn into a decent bench player. I still think he can. Singleton as well. Booker, I never knew was much of a problem and Seraphin looked great at the end of last year. They're not starters (maybe Singleton down the line) but they can be on a team. Maybe not all on this team tho.

A new GM, I agree with. But your coach isn't good enough. Not from anything he's shown.