Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Point Guard to Pair With Durant in OKC? CP3 or Tony Parker (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291824)

Foster5k 02-26-2013 09:03 AM

Best Point Guard to Pair With Durant in OKC? CP3 or Tony Parker

Instead of shot jacking, bad attitude, shooting guard in disguised player known as Westbrook, how good would OKC be with either CP3 or Tony Parker? Which one of those guys would improve the team the best?

Mr Exlax 02-26-2013 09:06 AM

Re: Best Point Guard to Pair With Durant in OKC? CP3 or Tony Parker

CP3. He's a pass first PG and he also can set up the other players for easy buckets. Parker would be a smarter less athletic version of westbrook. I dunno if OKC has the bigs to really run the pick and roll as much as they do in San Antonio.

Budadiiii 02-26-2013 09:16 AM

Russell Westbrook is easily the best fit for the Thunder. They have a shitty head coach and shitty inconsistent role players. Inb4 dey have Ibaka an Martin herp derp. Westbrook carries more weight than any other PG in the league and that's a fact.

Ikill 02-26-2013 09:27 AM

Thunder are the number 1 offensive team in the NBA this year

SCdac 02-26-2013 09:29 AM

Parker is having a hot streak and better season with the Spurs, but I'd take Russell to pair to with Durant because they make one of the most dynamic and explosive duos in the league. They made B2B WCF with Russ including the Finals last season. Parker is more clutch but I think players improve in that area over time. Put Westbrook on the Spurs, under Pop's tutelage, and I think the Spurs would be even better than they are now actually.

Budadiiii 02-26-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikill
Thunder are the number 1 offensive team in the NBA this year

It's all Kevin Durant dude. They'd be the best offensive team of all time with CP3 or Parker.

:facepalm

dunksby 02-26-2013 09:43 AM

Durant already has the league's PG playing alongside him, why would anyone want to pair him up with inferior alternatives is beyond me :confusedshrug:

STATUTORY 02-26-2013 09:43 AM

durant fans might not realize it or want to admit it but their boy needs westbrook the way a woman needs a good man.

SilkkTheShocker 02-26-2013 09:44 AM

Think of how good they would be with CP3 or Parker :eek:

They will never win with that r.etard Westbrick playing a major role

IGOTGAME 02-26-2013 11:35 AM

Westbrook is prob the best fit for that team. He is the one that is constantly putting pressure driving the basket. Without him they are a bunch of jumpshooters. Man is so underrated here.

Midnight Toker 02-26-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Think of how good they would be with CP3 or Parker :eek:

They will never win with that r.etard Westbrick playing a major role

Hell Westbrook is the reason they are so good, so many nights. Durant is their best player, but how Westbrook plays keeps them in games they normally would not be in. He gets to the basket, he gets fouled, he makes foul shots. Hes as fast and athletic as anyone the league, and for some reason people voted him on the all pro team. sooooo, I guess you just know stuff nobody else does?

I think cp3 might be better for them, but you lose some of the dynamic playmaking that Westbrook offers. He's a slasher and hoop driver like no other.

tikay0 02-26-2013 12:16 PM

Westbrook.

gengiskhan 02-26-2013 12:27 PM

Rajon Rondo

or

Kyrie Irving

Crown&Coke 02-26-2013 01:02 PM

either can give you 20/10 any given night. OKC still needs that second dominant scorer. But give KD someone like CP3 and he might average 35 ppg on even more efficient scoring, scary to think about

imdaman99 02-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
either can give you 20/10 any given night. OKC still needs that second dominant scorer. But give KD someone like CP3 and he might average 35 ppg on even more efficient scoring, scary to think about

of course, the same way griffin went from 22.5 pts a game to 18.5 with cp3 :bowdown:

the answer is westbrook. thunders offense is not the problem, they lead the league. their role players disappear on the big stage. imagine if miamis role players were switched with okc's in the finals. okc then wins 4-1