Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   15 year old girl facing 100 Lashes For Premarital Sex (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291946)

LamarOdom 02-27-2013 02:32 PM

15 year old girl facing 100 Lashes For Premarital Sex

What a whore they should've killed her, having sex before marriage? May God forgive her.

Oh God for all thy sinners may Sharia laws bring ye to the righteous path.

Quote:

Zaima Nasheed, a spokesperson for the Maldives juvenile court, defended the punishment of 100 lashes and eight months house arrest, claiming the girl had "willingly committed an act outside of the law," the BBC writes. She will receive the flogging when she turns 18, unless she requests it sooner.
Quote:

Masood Imad, a spokesman for Maldives President Mohamed Waheed, also rationalized the penalty.

"She is not going to be lashed to cause her pain... rather, it is for her to feel the shame for having engaged in activity forbidden by the religion," Imad told the Agence France-Presse.

Her stepfather also raped her and got her pregnant when the baby was born he killed it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2773631.html

9512 02-27-2013 02:39 PM

Re: 15 year old girl facing 100 Lashes For Premarital Sex

I didn't click on the link but I am willing to bet it's from a muslim country.

Suppress women and stone them when they commit adultery!

Nanners 02-27-2013 02:59 PM

more accurate title for this thread: 15 year old girl facing 100 lashes for getting raped

TheMan 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanners
more accurate title for this thread: 15 year old girl facing 100 lashes for getting raped

That's why that religion get's the crap it gets from the civilized world:facepalm

LamarOdom 02-27-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanners

Yeah I thought so in the beginning but according to prosecutors..

Quote:

but prosecutors allege that the punishment relates to a separate incident and not the rape case.

Don't knwo how much you can put in to this statement though, may very well be a cover up, for us not living in the 10th century it looks bad but they may be that retarded that they feel this sounds better.

http://minivannews.com/society/raped...maldives-53760

From a Maldivian newspaper they say she admitted to having sex with a man who is still unknown, but yeah it definitely seems like it's a cover up.

bagelred 02-27-2013 03:32 PM

I didn't realize the laws in Alabama were that strict. But doesn't shock me.....

Unstoppabull 02-27-2013 03:42 PM

Geez, what country was that?

Clifton 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

I always have awkwardly mixed feelings about stories like this. The punishment is totally unacceptable, but hardly more unacceptable than the general decadence that's taking place in the West. At least someone understands that it's a problem when women go around with their tits hanging out as teenagers. But then they have to handle it like absolute kooks and create a nation that's way too afraid of everything to ever have any kind of well-rounded and balanced life at all.

All that shit does is give religion and morality a bad name. Such policies obviously will die out with modernity, because they're barbaric and stupid, and the shame is that so will the sound moral principles behind that (i.e., that having sex outside of marriage is bad for society and the happiness of its members... as much of a blast as it is when you're doing it...)

LJJ 02-27-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifton
sound moral principles (i.e., that having sex outside of marriage is bad for society and the happiness of its members... as much of a blast as it is when you're doing it...)

LOL

ace23 02-27-2013 04:35 PM

:facepalm Terrible.

kaiteng 02-27-2013 05:09 PM

Well, to be fair, for the third-world country, having children that young will likely to cause only troubles in the future for the mother and others.

No_Look604 02-27-2013 05:13 PM

Fcuk that Stepfather, especially if that went down first. Stuff like that makes me mad.

LamarOdom 02-27-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
Geez, what country was that?

Maldives, a tourist paradise. Got a lot of islands like this.

People should stop visit this country not the first time this has happened there.

SevereUpInHere 02-27-2013 07:47 PM

Wow, I had no idea the Maldives was under Sharia law. Cross that place off the list of places to go. Had always wanted to go there, what a f*cked up law.

The Macho Man 02-27-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifton
I always have awkwardly mixed feelings about stories like this. The punishment is totally unacceptable, but hardly more unacceptable than the general decadence that's taking place in the West. At least someone understands that it's a problem when women go around with their tits hanging out as teenagers. But then they have to handle it like absolute kooks and create a nation that's way too afraid of everything to ever have any kind of well-rounded and balanced life at all.

All that shit does is give religion and morality a bad name. Such policies obviously will die out with modernity, because they're barbaric and stupid, and the shame is that so will the sound moral principles behind that (i.e., that having sex outside of marriage is bad for society and the happiness of its members... as much of a blast as it is when you're doing it...)

I've never hated a post more.