Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tiddy, brace yourself for this (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294697)

Mr. I'm So Rad 03-29-2013 04:08 PM

Tiddy, brace yourself for this

Six-year, 108 million dollar deal.

Carbine 03-29-2013 04:35 PM

Re: Tiddy, brace yourself for this

With more guaranteed money than Flacco apparently.

Means if he sucks, still have to pay the man a bunch of money and have a significant cap hit even if he's cut.

Giving that type of money to a 28 year old Flacco entering his prime is one thing, giving it to a 33 year old QB is another.

Dasher 03-29-2013 04:43 PM

I don't mind this.

niko 03-29-2013 05:09 PM

He got the second most guaranteed money in history. It's one of those deals that's not "bad" per se, it's not going to cripple them, etc. but considering he was not a free agency, he didn't want to leave, etc. why pay the second most money in history?

-p.tiddy- 03-29-2013 05:24 PM

holy shit...wasn't expecting a 6 year deal...that is pretty much the rest of his career

really not sure how I feel about this...and I really like Romo too, think he is capable of winning it all (as you are all aware lol)

it will be 3rd most very soon, maybe even today...Rodgers about to get biggest pay day in NFL hstory

-p.tiddy- 03-29-2013 05:25 PM

He already has all of Aikman's records beat...if he actually played out that 6 years he would have top-10 all time numbers in all stat catagories....probably be a Hall of Famer even without a ring, just like Moon, Kelly, etc...

Mr. I'm So Rad 03-29-2013 05:30 PM

Carbine alluded to it earlier but just so everyone knows it's $55 million guaranteed. Eh.

Also, Mr. McNabb is not a fan of this deal

Carbine 03-29-2013 05:45 PM

That is crazy he got basically 55 percent of his money guaranteed.

Very irresponsible thing to do for such a large contract and 33 year old QB.

They're basically wishing and hoping he doesn't decline one bit.

jazz873 03-29-2013 06:10 PM

Rodgers about to get a billion dollars

DuMa 03-29-2013 06:34 PM

LOL Jerry YOU completely ruined that franchise. congratulations

-p.tiddy- 03-29-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Carbine alluded to it earlier but just so everyone knows it's $55 million guaranteed. Eh.

Also, Mr. McNabb is not a fan of this deal

lol, his one playoff win was against McNabb...

-p.tiddy- 03-29-2013 07:19 PM

well, Dallas saved some cap room doing this...they can spread that $55 mill over the 6 years any way they choose

I think that is part of why the deal was 6 years...gives plenty of time to back load his money

-p.tiddy- 03-29-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
That is crazy he got basically 55 percent of his money guaranteed.

Very irresponsible thing to do for such a large contract and 33 year old QB.

They're basically wishing and hoping he doesn't decline one bit.

I haven't read up yet, but I am thinking he got so much guaranteed because he still had one year left on his old contract with guaranteed money backloaded...

meaning they had to combine an extra huge year of unpaid gauranteed money into a new deal...

just what I am guessing anyway

MetsPackers 03-29-2013 11:01 PM

Wow is all I can say. As a Giants fan I see this as a good thing though because I don't think Romo has what it takes to be a super bowl winner; he's just fvcked up too many times when the season was in his hands and he controlled his own destiny. Eli may not have the numebrs Romo does but I trust Eli all day every day to carry his team when it counts over Romo. If I was a boys fan I would've wanted Romo gone last season and moved on. The Comboys can always bring in another QB, but this locks them in with ROmo basically. Weird considering Jerry's comments a month or so ago

-p.tiddy- 03-29-2013 11:59 PM

Teams win super bowls guy...why does everyone assume Romo should have won rings as though he has always been a favorite?

Romo might have been the best player on the fckin team last year...cept maybe Dez and Witten

Oline garbage
Defense garbage
Running game worst in the NFL

But somehow people see it as though Romo was going to win a ring but fcked it up.