Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orlando Magic Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Redick! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3177)

Shogon 06-28-2006 08:51 PM

Redick!

Woohoo!

Perfect fit. Incredibly slept on... just again, perfect fit for the Magic!

AIR SETH 06-28-2006 10:50 PM

JJ Reddick would have been a better fit in Pheonix.

WildStyle 06-29-2006 12:15 AM

I agree, great pick. We needed a SG that was lights out from 3. We got one. Keep Deshawn around for slashing and defense and we are set at SG.

det2orl 06-29-2006 08:42 AM

I disagree, he will be good option to come off the bench and shoot. We needed a starting quality 2/3. We Redick and Turk we have no one who can guard and NBA 2/3 and DeShawn has opted out, he sucks anyway. Good riddance.

WildStyle 06-29-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by det2orl
I disagree, he will be good option to come off the bench and shoot. We needed a starting quality 2/3. We Redick and Turk we have no one who can guard and NBA 2/3 and DeShawn has opted out, he sucks anyway. Good riddance.

First of all, Turk is not as bad of a defender as he is made out to be. He is average and try's hard. He is not a defensive liability by any means.

Second of all, just because DeShawn opted out, doesn't mean he won't be back next season.

Lastly, DeShawn does not "suck". He is very good defender, has a good mid-range jumper, good slashing ability (his finishing at the basket can sometimes let him down, but that is often exagerated fans). Most importantly he has a good team attitude and mentality. Very important if Dwight, Jameer and Darko are to be the big 3 of this team.

We have everything we need at SG if we re-sign DeShawn. A young but experienced defender with some offensive game, and a young deadly 3 point/mid-range shooter with a high basketball IQ in Redick. Both guys have very good work ethics I might add.

Raildog 06-29-2006 10:32 AM

I think Dwight and JJ could complement each other...

JJ will make sure teams cant collapse on Dwight, and Dwight should mean JJ gets some good looks!

g12affix 06-29-2006 02:44 PM

RE

Reddick is a nice pick... though it would have been nice to see them pick up carney or even shannon brown/mo ager (IMO)... Reddick should be a solid player and the team should be good all around next year - as long as everyone stay healthy for the majority of the season... James Augustine isn't a bad pick up for a big man either.
maybe the magic can invite Mike Gansey to they're summer league (really surprised he wasn't drafted along with Pittsnogle or Darius Washington)

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-29-2006 05:59 PM

when dwight gets doubled the kickout to redick is going to be nasty!

Shogon 06-29-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
when dwight gets doubled the kickout to redick is going to be nasty!

People keep saying this, and I'm not one to entirely disagree but there are a few things people should know...

Dwight doesn't command double teams all of the time just yet, and when he does, he has trouble sometimes passing out of it, let alone finding the open man. That's not to say he won't get better, because he will, but...

That's not the reason this is a good pick for the Magic.

It's a good pick for the Magic because Redick is a player, regardless of his shortcomings. He's tough, he moves without the basketball, and he is already automatically a top 5 shooter in the NBA, if not the best.

He was the man at Duke, and defenses were able to focus solely on him. That won't be the case in Orlando because he will be the 3rd option at absolute best whenever he's on the floor and maybe 5th, but probably 4th most times behind Milicic, Nelson & Howard.

Howard & Milicic patrolling underneath won't make Redick a better defensive player all of the sudden, but it will always have slashers second guessing on if they should drive or not, making Redick's life easier on the defensive end.

If Brian Hill properly utilizes Redick and the Magic as a whole find him when he's open, he will be an absolute fantastic addition to the club.

Chamberlain 06-29-2006 11:40 PM

I think thats a great pick for the Magic. They are turning themselves into a perennial playoff team.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-30-2006 12:00 AM

i want redick to shut the haters up

Raildog 06-30-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
i want redick to shut the haters up

great call!

wally_world 07-01-2006 10:36 PM

would love Redick at Phoenix... would you guys do it for Bell???

sixty 07-02-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
would love Redick at Phoenix... would you guys do it for Bell???

Phoenix won't do it for Redick. Bell is IMO top 10 perimeter defender in the NBA.

On the other hand a lot of people are sceptical about Redick making it happen... A lot of scouts said.... Steve Kerr at best! :ohwell:

I would love to see Redick to play well.... and Magic too.

23jordan23 07-03-2006 01:30 AM

u guys dont think JJ can come in n start ? i think its possible he could put up better numbers than turk