Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Why is everyone down on Portland? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3201)

ZHAKIDD532 06-28-2006 10:35 PM

Why is everyone down on Portland?

They got 2 really good players in Aldridge and Roy, it was a little weird how they did it but not bad...

knicksfan3 06-28-2006 10:58 PM

Very nice draft for TB's. Def getting a Roy jersey.

J Miles 23 06-29-2006 09:18 AM

Steven A really ripped on Portland

I dunno y they traded Aldridge for Thomas...i think Aldridge would still be there at 4..but i guess they freaked

Roy or Foye woulda been good..maybe more so in Foye cuz they traded away Telfair..but its still good

The English dude...that was strange but if they really didn't care if he comes over..y not make him a 2nd rounder

and i think they shoulda kept James White.......and i dun even know what they did with the 2nd round picks

Wicked_1 06-29-2006 04:06 PM

you know i'm realy suprised of there draft picks. Roy and Aldridge are great pics i think they could have picked up that english dude in the 2nd round. I agree they should have kept james white.

I dont know too much about that spanish dude they call "Spanish Cholocate" though....

I'm still upset they traded Victor Khyprhancha(SP) every team needs a blue collar scrappy player that doesnt care about stats!@

huppcap 06-29-2006 05:52 PM

Steven A. Smith is a loud mouth. That's how he makes his living; yapping. Certainly did not like him when he criticized the Charlie Villaneuva pick last year. (Raptor fan here by the way.)

Anyhow. Portland did receive some good picks. However, I think they got a bit too fancy with all the trading.

Portland needs some quality character players although I don't know if many veteren players would want to play in Portland. They have to stop bringing in the gun-toping, pot-smoking wife beaters. How many players on the same team can be charged over a two or three year period for something?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-29-2006 06:00 PM

to me they had a top 3 draft night

Bricklayer 06-29-2006 07:37 PM

Jazz fan here. But i gotta give props to our northwestern neighbors. I see less dealing at a vegas roulette table than what you guys did last night, but whether you bet on Portland black or red, you guys couldn't go wrong. I thought Aldridge was gonna be the #1 pick and Roy is gonna be ROY (nice pun huh?) but you guys got em both. I've watched Sergio play a little and he's got a knack for the game. With those guys and J. Jack onboard, you guys have a nice little snowball rolling. Hopefully both of our teams will return to playoff mainstays soon. But good job this year. :applause:

Chamberlain 06-29-2006 11:23 PM

Possibly the most successful team on draftnight.

chains5000 06-30-2006 04:29 AM

Is blake a free agent this summer?

problym_chyld04 06-30-2006 09:49 AM

IMO, you guys(the Blazers) had the best draft of the night; better than ours (the Bulls) who i thought had the 2nd best

Wicked_1 06-30-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
Is blake a free agent this summer?

he has one year left then he is a free agent. I hear he has been living at the blazers training center, working out, shooting and running drills by himself. IMO he is a keeper, good morals/character, hard work, all he cares about are wins not stats and touches. I think he needs to be more vocal.

benisjamin33 07-28-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_1
I agree they should have kept james white. @

I totaly agree about james white, did you see that guy in the dunk competition in college?

shawnkempslovechild 07-29-2006 01:41 PM

Since the supes are moving and you guys took roy, I might start to learn to like the blazers.