Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Don Imus got canned (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37197)

Sean77 04-12-2007 06:30 PM

Don Imus got canned

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2835321

Now if only people protested rappers and others who make their money using the same language he did, we might get to the real root of the problem.

Done_And_Done 04-12-2007 06:37 PM

Re: Don Imus got canned

Looks like Imus is gunna be next in line for a gig on Sirius Radio...

Rameek 04-12-2007 06:37 PM

he was fired because advertisers were pulling out... the only reason why he was on the air so long with not great ratings was the high advertisement dollars his show had...

GOBB 04-12-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean77

Now if only people protested rappers and others who make their money using the same language he did, we might get to the real root of the problem.

Then start by telling all the white people in america to stup buying thier albums.

Cavs Fan 04-12-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean77

Micheal Ray Richardson got canned for saying a lot less and Mike had made a tremendous comeback from all sorts of problems. He might not be able to get decent job ever again. Someone will eventually pick up Imus' wannabe-Stern ass. Maybe Imus shouldn't have gone for the double whammy and said something both somewhat racist and sexist.

MaxFly 04-12-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Then start by telling all the white people in america to stup buying thier albums.

Makes you wonder why rappers are selling out and making music for white people in hopes of getting paid. :confusedshrug:

Rappers selling out harder than Tiger Woods?

Randy 04-12-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Well, I am what you ignorantly refer to as "white", and I do not buy that horrific noise known as rap, so there's a start. And how does one stup? Good call though, I did not realize that white people buying these albums was the issue, I thought it was the violent and misogynistic lyrics. Thanks for clarifying :rolleyes:

Randy 04-12-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFly
Makes you wonder why rappers are selling out and making music for white people in hopes of getting paid. :confusedshrug:

Rappers selling out harder than Tiger Woods?

Shut up. How is Tiger Woods a sellout? Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Bob Marley all must be sell outs, huh? Music, like all art, is universal. We are all allowed to enjoy and appreciate it because we are all human beings. Get your head out of your ass.

Bobcat4Ever 04-12-2007 07:18 PM

This is stupid. Someone calling someone else a "nappy headed ho" should be the LEAST of our worries. We need to start worrying about all these illegal aliens coming in here and causing chaos and trying to take over our government.

Sean77 04-12-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Actually hip hop sales are down 20%, so somebody's getting fed up with the way hip hop has gone.

haterofhaters 04-12-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy
Well, I am what you ignorantly refer to as "white", and I do not buy that horrific noise known as rap, so there's a start. And how does one stup? Good call though, I did not realize that white people buying these albums was the issue, I thought it was the violent and misogynistic lyrics. Thanks for clarifying :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter whether or not YOU buy rap albums. The fact is that the majority of hip-hop album consumers are white.

skillswithaz 04-12-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haterofhaters
It doesn't matter whether or not YOU buy rap albums. The fact is that the majority of hip-hop album consumers are white.

The majority of people in America are white...you're point is?

It seems as if you're blaming white people for racism and sexism...

haterofhaters 04-12-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillswithaz
The majority of people in America are white...you're point is?

It seems as if you're blaming white people for racism and sexism...

lol, wtf? Where did I say anything about racism and sexism? I was just pointing out that the majority of people who buy rap albums are white... and yet they are the same people who are complaining about it.:confusedshrug:

jordan23 04-12-2007 07:42 PM

They fired him, so what. We have plenty of nappyheaded hoes on ish (bobcat4ever, shafir), but no one cares about them being called that.

BTW Randy, this is a message board, stop getting mad serious and dis shiz. People do what tehy want, so stop being a prick in all teh threads you buttmuscle.

EDIT - :banana:

GOBB 04-12-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy

Rappers continue to put out the "horrific noise" you dont support because other white people support it. Money in their pocket. And white record execs continue to employ rappers who create "horrible noise and violent/misogynistic lyrics" because it also puts money in their pockets.

Need more clarification kid? Didnt think so...use your brain