Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ive heard things of a trade for garnett... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3820)

mavsman08 07-03-2006 12:51 AM

ive heard things of a trade for garnett...

and i want to see what yall think about losin howard and stackhouse and diop ( and maybe quisy) for him. i really think i would consider that. could you imagine:
1 jet
2 devon
3 diggla
4 ****ing KEVION GARNETT
5 dampier
i know it thins up our team alittle but wede could hopefully still have key contributions from griffin and hopefully ager and a few others. hey we couldnt win it with depth last year and the only team that beat us had a 7 man rotaiton and ruled the boards.

p.s. we would OWN the paint with that roster.

Silent Mav 07-05-2006 04:42 PM

Minny wouldn't do that deal. Chicago can offer better with Deng, Chandler and Thomas. Plus it would send KG to the east where you only have to play himn twice a year.

dmenzion 07-05-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Minny wouldn't do that deal. Chicago can offer better with Deng, Chandler and Thomas. Plus it would send KG to the east where you only have to play himn twice a year.

chandler already got gang-raped into NOK

Silent Mav 07-05-2006 07:59 PM

Yep, Bulls decided to move elsewhere.

soog 07-06-2006 11:33 AM

I'm thinking it would take somethign more like

Jet, Howard, Diop, KVH (sign and trade with a smaller deal)

But like someone already said, they wouldn't keep him in this conference (ie, Shaq to Miami)

yeahwhathesaid 07-08-2006 03:48 AM

how about a straight up deal between dirk and kg, or better yet, diop and dirk for KG

Raildog 07-08-2006 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahwhathesaid
how about a straight up deal between dirk and kg, or better yet, diop and dirk for KG

dirk is better than KG...

more of a leader and much more of a winner!

MFFL 07-08-2006 01:28 PM

Dirk isn't consistent. He's let us down this and other series. I would have honestly rather have gotten rid of him, kept Daniels, and gotten KG but not possible.

AndDru1 07-08-2006 06:43 PM

Better trade

Dirk is a Mav for life, period. If we wouldn't trade him for Shaq, we sure won't trade him for KG. Kg is a better leader and is more consistent but if we were going to trade with minny for him, we should give them

Terry, Dampier, Ager, and our first rounder in 2008

for

KG and marcus banks (in a sign and trade)

whatever we do we should not give up Dirk, Howard, or Harris

Silent Mav 07-09-2006 11:26 AM

Without Dirk's play in the western conference playoffs the Mavs wouldn't have even reached the finals. KG might be a better leader, but I've seen him disappear in the 4th too many times. If you can put Dirk and KG together fine. But I would never swap them.