Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LaRon Profit! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3863)

BOOHYAH310 07-03-2006 02:35 PM

LaRon Profit!

I'd love to see him back with the Lakers.....anyone know how he is recovering? If he is close to signing with anyone?

He actually looked like he was picking up the triple post pretty nice last season before that heel injury.....I honestly think the Phx series would be different if he had been with the team. His ability to create his own shot was great off the bench.

SoCalMike 07-03-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
I'd love to see him back with the Lakers.....anyone know how he is recovering? If he is close to signing with anyone?

He actually looked like he was picking up the triple post pretty nice last season before that heel injury.....I honestly think the Phx series would be different if he had been with the team. His ability to create his own shot was great off the bench.

the injury he suffered last year was a bad one. only time will tell if he can fully recover. i believe he will be in the Lakers training camp competing for a spot, but i am not positive.

lakerfreak 07-03-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
the injury he suffered last year was a bad one. only time will tell if he can fully recover. i believe he will be in the Lakers training camp competing for a spot, but i am not positive.

Last year he dictated the offense prettywell before he was injured.

lol, i remember everytime he stepped on i used to think he was Kobe, he hit some moves like Kobe does and the body and head shape looked like it.

but yeah laron was good

traditionone 07-03-2006 07:36 PM

He was really coming into his own. He found a place where he fit in and could contribute to a team. Then he suffers a devastating injury. Mitch will give him a shot to return if Laron wants it. If we still had him healthy, I wouldn't be worried about our point guard situation because I would be comfortable having him start.

lakerfreak 07-03-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
He was really coming into his own. He found a place where he fit in and could contribute to a team. Then he suffers a devastating injury. Mitch will give him a shot to return if Laron wants it. If we still had him healthy, I wouldn't be worried about our point guard situation because I would be comfortable having him start.

I dont think as far as starting goes for laron but he could be the 2nd pg off the bench and sg as well.

Who knows, maybe Lakers will sign him again

SoCalMike 07-03-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont think as far as starting goes for laron but he could be the 2nd pg off the bench and sg as well.

Who knows, maybe Lakers will sign him again

I do agree that before his injury, he seemed to find a home in the triangle.. he definitely got it and knew his role! Props!

LakerzFan4Life 07-04-2006 09:04 AM

Laron: Poor Mans Kobe :banana:

lakerfreak 07-05-2006 05:33 AM

just a question about the cap.

If we have an LLE and MLE....what about signing minimum contracts

can we sign as many players as we want for the minimum?

traditionone 07-05-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
just a question about the cap.

If we have an LLE and MLE....what about signing minimum contracts

can we sign as many players as we want for the minimum?

Yes we can. Shammond Williams probably won't come over for the minimum because he is making better money in Europe right now.

Ryansrams 07-05-2006 05:25 PM

bring Laron back

Profit showed a great IQ for the game and the triangle offense. He reminded me of a young Ron Harper with his smooth, calm approach to the game. If healthy he could be a factor as the starting pg for the Lakers

lakerfreak 07-05-2006 06:47 PM

except laron is younger so that makes it even better.

BRING HIM BACK