Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Plenty Of Options For The Mavs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42412)

thegamefritz 05-23-2007 05:00 AM

Plenty Of Options For The Mavs

MAVS got plenty of options. If they want to improve they need to be active during the off season.

We all know that MAVS are in need of an inside threat and inside option/s, plus the MAVS needs to upgrade the PG, either Devin Harris or JET needs an upgrade.

so here are some options:

INSIDE Presence Free agents: That the MAVS CAN POSSIBLY AFFORD
C-MAGLOIRE,
PF Webber,
PF McDYESS,
C-BREZEC,
PF-PJ BROWN (if he won't retire) @ bargain price
PF-VAREJAO
PF-JOE SMITH
C-MIHM (If healthy) @ a bargain price
PF-MALIK ROSE @ a bargain price
PF-MARK JACKSON
PF-MELVIN ELY

*there are still more Centers and PF'S available but The names above are the creams of the crops and they can be affordable. MAVS CAN sign them with out being worried with the salary cap. They can even sign 2 Big Men the other 1 @ a bargain price

In the PG spot, MAVS need not to worry coz either JET or DEVIN HARRIS is Trade worthy and many teams would like to have any 1 of them.
If Mavs will trade 1 of them plus another player for a package they can possibly get a superstar all star Calibre Player like MIKE BIBBY, CHAUNCEY BILLUPS. Plus if they really want strong back ups then they should re sign Stackhouse and possibly get the services of BONZI WELLS..2 scorers off the bench.. or they could evEn sign back the Prodigal MAV- MICHAEL FINLEY who is back in track with his game now..

MAVS need not to sign a PG even if there are alot of free agent PG'S (MO WILLIAMS, STEVE BLAKE, BOYKINS, DOOLING) because if there ain't really a trade angle for both of them (JET, DEVIN) then the 2 of them back as a MAV will do just fine especially if there is an additional inside scorer or a threat. I would rather have both of them back than to Sign the free agent PG'S except for BILLUPS and BIBBY of course. But if they really want to improve they need to upgarde the PG, find a possible trade
Rumors has it also that Desmond Mason is interested to join MAVS, but I don't know if mavs still got a place for him.. also Ruben "KOBE STOPPER" is on the list of free agent players- I would rather have the self proclaimed KOBE STOPPER than to have Devon George.

HOPE MAVS GETS ACTIVE THIS OFF SEASON!!

thegamefritz 05-23-2007 05:10 AM

Re: Plenty Of Options For The Mavs

Further more JASON KIDD is possibly on the block. They can Trade JET and ERIC DUMBPIER plus plenty of 1st round for JASON KIDD. Having KIDD controling the PG spot will be a luxury.

The_Masterplan 05-23-2007 10:15 AM

Re: Plenty Of Options For The Mavs

I say try and sign Webber if he doesnt demand too much money. He seems like a decent guy downlow.