Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ditching Boozer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4257)

Summit42 07-06-2006 09:13 AM

Ditching Boozer

There has been so much talk about trading Boozer away. Does anyone have any proof as to why Larry Miller wants him gone so bad? I would think that if Boozer goes this would be Kevin O'Conners "last straw".

It seems to me the front line of Kirlinko, Okur, and Boozer played very well together durning the last 1/4 of the season. I am 100% sure that they would of made the playoffs if all three were healthy. Its just hard for me to understand why the jazz are so willing to abandon this front line.

Now maybe is missing something, like Boozer saying he wants out publicly. Its a known fact that players dont want to be in utah. But Carlos is from Alaska, so he knows all about cold weather. Seems we should try and keeps him here just based on the fact that there are no other PF's in the league that we could get an equal trade for.... that would be willing to play here.

I hope you all agree the last thing the Jazz needs is another streaky shooter like Wally Szerbiak.

hardfoul 07-06-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit42
There has been so much talk about trading Boozer away. Does anyone have any proof as to why Larry Miller wants him gone so bad? I would think that if Boozer goes this would be Kevin O'Conners "last straw".

It seems to me the front line of Kirlinko, Okur, and Boozer played very well together durning the last 1/4 of the season. I am 100% sure that they would of made the playoffs if all three were healthy. Its just hard for me to understand why the jazz are so willing to abandon this front line.

Now maybe is missing something, like Boozer saying he wants out publicly. Its a known fact that players dont want to be in utah. But Carlos is from Alaska, so he knows all about cold weather. Seems we should try and keeps him here just based on the fact that there are no other PF's in the league that we could get an equal trade for.... that would be willing to play here.

I hope you all agree the last thing the Jazz needs is another streaky shooter like Wally Szerbiak.

I don't know that the Jazz are willing to let him go unless they get something comparable in return. Boozer's a difficult read, but the way he played the last 25 games or so in 2006 hopefully tell that he's willing to work. With Okur, AK, Deron Williams, Boozer and a few decent additions (which I think the Jazz have made through the draft and recent trades), I think this is a competitive team.

I'd like to see the current team 'gel' (or at least attempt to) and see what happens. There's no HUGE superstars, but there are a lot of good players. If they play team basketball, they'll be pretty dangerous in the playoffs.

It's hard to know where the trade rumors are coming from. It could be someone trying to move Iverson, thinking that the Jazz would make a move on an 'unhappy' Boozer. IMHO, the Jazz overpaid for Boozer (at least what he's been able to play). If Boozer wants out, he's going to have to play good enough that the Jazz can get the value out of him that they need to get through a trade. If he does that, the Jazz are a pretty good team and I wonder if the winning would cure any dislikes about whatever. Even if he hates it here, he doesn't live here and he's got a job like a lot of people that require him to travel quite a bit. He's compensated WELL to travel that much.

Heretik32 07-06-2006 02:20 PM

NBA fans forget fast. As with Okafor, Boozer has just vanished into the mists of oblivion for most.

A healty Boozer is a beast, period. We should keep him around.

cyco127 07-06-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit42

I have NEVER once read ANYWHERE that LHM wants Boozer gone... Sure, he called him out last year. But Carlos responded the way LHM wanted him to... Untill the injury...

Boozer will be the Jazz' main scoring option this year. My prediction 23.4 ppg 9.8 rpg

hardfoul 07-06-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyco127
........But Carlos responded the way LHM wanted him to... after coming back from the injury... .......

Fixed it for you. :D

I'm interested to see this 'new' Jazz team. I'll be paying attention as things ramp up. Let's see what they've got about Jan.-Feb. They might be pretty good if everything clicks. I don't know that they will be a premiere team in the western conf., but I'd bet they make the playoffs and I think they'd be pretty dangerous if they believed in themselves.

There's a LOT of talented players on the team. Everybody just needs to know their role and stay within the system and I think they will be pretty successful. I don't know that there will be any one 'premier' player, but any of the top 6-8 players could score 20 pts. on any night. Tough to defend against things like that if you're an opponent.

lowblok 07-06-2006 07:02 PM

I just hope Fisher doesn't turn out to be a Mark Jackson type disruption.

New Jazzy Nets 07-06-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowblok

Jackson was a disruption? In what sense?

With Boozer hes been linked to so many teams because he is a wanted player. Teams think that the jazz value him low right now, so they think they can lowball us and steal him away.

cyco127 07-06-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardfoul
Fixed it for you. :D

I'm interested to see this 'new' Jazz team. I'll be paying attention as things ramp up. Let's see what they've got about Jan.-Feb. They might be pretty good if everything clicks. I don't know that they will be a premiere team in the western conf., but I'd bet they make the playoffs and I think they'd be pretty dangerous if they believed in themselves.

There's a LOT of talented players on the team. Everybody just needs to know their role and stay within the system and I think they will be pretty successful. I don't know that there will be any one 'premier' player, but any of the top 6-8 players could score 20 pts. on any night. Tough to defend against things like that if you're an opponent.

DITTO.

Bricklayer 07-06-2006 09:24 PM

Yeah, i don't know where all this negativity between Boozer and the Jazz came from to be honest. Sure, he hasn't played much for us, but what if he really, honestly WAS injured and actually just couldn't play for us? Boozer has never said, "I don't wanna be here" and the Jazz have never said, "We don't want him here" yet we keep hearing Boozer doesn't like it here or that the Jazz are trying to trade him away. I did hear one story tho... I recently lived in LA where Boozer has (or had?) a home. I heard that he was walking out of a Ralph's and some reporter asked him, "So when are you coming to the Lakers, Carlos?" And he supposedly said, "As soon as i can, man." But IMO, i think all of this is a buncha lies from the national media. They can't live with having a player of Boozer's caliber in Utah and so they stir up dissention in hopes of getting him traded to a bigger market or something.

lowblok 07-07-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Jackson was a disruption? In what sense?

He was a vet that should have fit into the system. Instead, he *****ed about playing time, told younger guys they should be getting more minutes and totally divided the locker room. Half the reason Stockton retired.

Anyways the team is better off with Boozer staying where he is. Fully fit and healthy they should compete for top 6 in the west!

Speaking of injuries, how bad is Okur's?

cyco127 07-07-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

He was a vet that should have fit into the system. Instead, he *****ed about playing time, told younger guys they should be getting more minutes and totally divided the locker room. Half the reason Stockton retired.

Anyways the team is better off with Boozer staying where he is. Fully fit and healthy they should compete for top 6 in the west!

Speaking of injuries, how bad is Okur's?

ya know, I was wondering the same thing... But I'm also wondering if it was really more of an excuse not to play for the Turkish National Team than a legit injury... Atleast that is my hope.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-07-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Fisher is very good guy and a decent one. he would be a good mentor to D Williams......

lowblok 07-07-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Fisher is very good guy and a decent one. he would be a good mentor to D Williams......

That's what I'm hoping! He just didn't sound too pleased to be getting traded.

lowblok 07-07-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyco127
ya know, I was wondering the same thing... But I'm also wondering if it was really more of an excuse not to play for the Turkish National Team than a legit injury... Atleast that is my hope.

I agree, maybe he just wants to rest. Hasn't missed any games in 2 years I'm sure.

hardfoul 07-07-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

That's what I'm hoping! He just didn't sound too pleased to be getting traded.

It sounded to me like he was being more politically correct than anything. The deal isn't done yet and you never know until all the paper work is signed what's going down. Why alienate your current fan base?