Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Josh McRoberts or Jason Smith (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46057)

funkylikemonkey 06-19-2007 01:09 PM

Josh McRoberts or Jason Smith

Who will be the better player? And what kind of players do you see them becoming?

i seen hippos 06-19-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Josh McRoberts or Jason Smith

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
Who will be the better player? And what kind of players do you see them becoming?

McRoberts will be better by a fair margin. Smith will be nothing more than a spot up mid range jumpshooter. See Krstic from a couple years ago.

McRoberts I see being a 20/9/3 player at best.

Smith I see being a 14/8/3 player at best. At his VERY best.

monthh 06-20-2007 02:15 AM

McRoberts has a lot more upside, but Smith will step in and help out right away. I see McRoberts being a system guy because of his passing ability. If he reaches his potential, then he could be a 20/9/4 player. It would be like Webber with the Kings. However, he doesn't always play as hard as he should. That was clear in college. You could tell when he turned things on. That is a problem I think. I think he maxes out as a 14/7/4 guy in the right system to use his passing ability.

As for Smith, I see a solid, somewhat athletic center who will be a good scorer. I could see 14 points a game. I think he would be like maybe Zaza Pachulia type of player. A solid 12 and 7.

WhiteMosɘs 06-20-2007 02:23 AM

20 9 and 3 is a pretty tight career that almost any player would be love to have....and i hope mcroberts pans out, i saw him in the all-american mcdonald's game he was awesome

monthh 06-20-2007 01:59 PM

McRoberts has all the talent in the world. In a stretch against I believe UNC this year he was without a doubt the best player on the court. Brandan Wright, Hansbrough, Lawson, they couldn't touch him. If he did that for the entire year, I truly believe that the Sonics would have a tough decision to make. He could have been a 22, 11, and 5 player. When he is on, he finds open players with his passing skills, takes the ball and drives to the hoop with his athletic ability, runs in the open court with his ball handling ability, grabs rebounds with his rebounding ability, and knocks down jumpers with his shooting touch. When he is not playing hard though, he stands around, looks to pass every time he gets the ball, and crashes the boards well.

I just can't picture anyone else except Webber on those old Kings teams where he did a little bit of everything to make that offense flow so smoothly. Getting up the court on fast breaks, passing from the top of the key, attacking the basket, hitting open jumpers, rebounding, blocking shots. He did it all. McRoberts could be that type of player, but I don't think he will. He could be a 14, 7, and 4 guy in the right system as I said, but if not he will only be a backup bigman.

lobster91 06-26-2007 12:55 PM

I just think both of these guys are going to drop into the second round

baseketball4life 06-26-2007 01:02 PM

mcroberts

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-26-2007 07:23 PM

Josh McRoberts, Hands Down.