Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   NBA.com- Yi Jianlian Blog (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46471)

Deathvainx 06-22-2007 09:48 AM

NBA.com- Yi Jianlian Blog

The Finals, an SUV and More...

Posted by Yi Jianlian on June 19, 2007, 6:15 p.m. ET

About the Spurs sweeping the Cavaliers

After game 2, I thought the Cavaliers would win at least 1-2 games, but the Spurs proved me wrong. They won the championship without any difficulty and that really amazed me. I heard someone say before the Finals that they thought watching the Spursí play is kind of boring, but I wasnít bored at all. I donít think they threw themselves into the game as much as I do and maybe thatís why some people think the Spursí game was boring.

Fantastic performance by European players

Dirk Nowitzki won the regular season MVP, Tony Parker won the Finals MVP, and Andrea Bargnani from Italy was the runner up for the Rookie of the Year award. You can say European players had fantastic performances this year and brought honor to Europe. European players got both the regular season and Finals MVP, which is probably a first in the NBA history.

How many more titles can this Spurs team win?

Hmm, the truth is that this Spurs team is really strong and if the roster doesnít change much, I think winning another 2-3 titles is very possible.

My Idol--- Michael Jordan

Last week I told you guys that Duncan and Garnett are the two active players in the NBA that I like the most. But if weíre talking about NBA legends, then my favorite has to be Michael Jordan. I remember the first live NBA game that I watched on TV back in 1997, when Michael Jordan led the Chicago Bulls to win over the Utah Jazz in the NBA Finals.

I was on the cover of the Chinese edition of ďSLAMĒ Magazine

I was on the cover of the latest Chinese edition of ďSLAMĒ magazine. In this issue youíll find some really good pictures that they took for me and some good stories about me as well. For people who like Yi Jianlian, go check it out!

English time - Part 2

To my surprise, after I posted my first blog on NBA.com & NBA.com/China, a lot of people expressed interest in how my study of English is going. I must say that I still have a lot to learn like grammar, vocabulary, etc...and between those, grammar is my focus right now.

About my jersey number

I wore numbers 9, 11 and 20 for the Guangdong Tigers and the Chinese National Team. Those numbers are assigned by the team so there was no special meaning. For the number that Iíll wear in the NBA, IĎm keeping it a secret for right nowÖwhat I can tell you is Iím already planning it.

My first car in the US will beÖÖ

An SUV. Recently, Iíve been spending almost all of my time in the training, so I donít have time to get a driver license though. But I am planning to get a license, probably after Iíve settled down a bit, and buy myself an SUV.

Eating in the U.S.

A lot of fans worried about my diet once in the US. I can tell you that I like all the American food and Iíve adapted well, so itís been no problem at all.

The Fatherís Day

June 17th was Fatherís Day. I havenít been able to spend Fatherís Day with my dad for a long time because of trainings and matches. Finally last Sunday, I had a chance to hang out with him. We had a nice meal together which made it feel like a ďrealĒ Fatherís Day.

About the Summer League - Part 2

Itís less than 10 days before the draft day. I will meet with the Chinese National Team right after that. Right now, Iím just concentrating on aggressively training and hope that when I meet with the National Team that Iíll be in my best shape yet. The summer league is a very good opportunity for us to play against all these NBA teams and it will be excellent preparation for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.

Q&A with fans

Again, thank you all for giving your love to my blog, now I am going to answer some interesting questions that asked by the fans:

Fans: When Yi Jianlian do his first dunk?

Yi Jianlian: HmmÖÖI remember it was when I was 13-14 years old, and I was like 6í5Ē tall.

Fans: Whatís your most impressive dunk?

Yi Jianlian: I should say all my impressive dunks are during the games. The one that I did when we play against Spain, where I dribbled off Pau Gasol and slammedÖthat one wasnít bad at all.

Fans: Where did you get your good jumping ability? Naturally or through training?

Yi Jianlian: Well, I donít think my jumping ability is really good, since there are a lot of players in the US who can jump way higher than me. Besides, I donít think above average jumping ability is enough for me. I still need to work on other my basketball skills and physical strength.

Fans: Name three NBA players that you want to compete with the most.

Yi Jianlian: To tell you the truth, right now, I want to compete with all the players.

http://www.nba.com/chat_and_mailboxe..._Jianlian.html

bigboi_baller 06-22-2007 12:42 PM

Re: NBA.com- Yi Jianlian Blog

Hopefully, his next blog has to do with how Sacramento is nice.

BradMiller52 06-22-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Hopefully, his next blog has to do with how Sacramento is nice.

Yeah I like this guy already, hope he slips to us.

Dime Dropper 06-22-2007 07:49 PM

Almost all mock sites have Yi slipping to us (the Kings) so hopefully there's something to it. He has too much upside to pass on, and that's why I find it hard to see him fall to us.

BradMiller52 06-22-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dime Dropper
Almost all mock sites have Yi slipping to us (the Kings) so hopefully there's something to it. He has too much upside to pass on, and that's why I find it hard to see him fall to us.

I agree. He also seems to like California a lot.

Deathvainx 06-23-2007 01:41 AM

7'0 with out shoes
7' 1" in shoes
7' 4.25" wingspan
248 lbs.
33 standing vertical
38" vertical (3 step also known as max vert)
its from a chad ford article, got it from another forum.

Team China 06-27-2007 09:42 PM

here's my own blog on Yi Jianlian and Chinese basketball
http://www.asiahoops.blogspot.com

bigboi_baller 06-27-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team China
here's my own blog on Yi Jianlian and Chinese basketball
http://www.asiahoops.blogspot.com

The page isn't working.

Team China 07-01-2007 05:21 PM