Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47888)

insidehoops 06-30-2007 10:36 PM

Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Name who you say would go lottery if the 2008 NBA Draft was today

A full 363 days in advance

Kiddlovesnets 06-30-2007 11:08 PM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
What I would say is that:
1. Michael Beasley
2. Roy Hibbert
3. OJ Mayo
4. Derrick Rose
5. Kevin Love

Are there any other ideas?

insidehoops 06-30-2007 11:22 PM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Maybe also Chase Budinger, Eric Gordon, Wayne Ellington, Brook Lopez

insidehoops 06-30-2007 11:24 PM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Tyler Hansbrough, Hasheem Thabeet

Kiddlovesnets 06-30-2007 11:35 PM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Maybe some international players as well.
By the way, why don't you put this thread as one of the sticky threads?

d_white089 07-01-2007 12:53 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
OJ Mayo will be #1 followed by Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley

Kiddlovesnets 07-01-2007 12:56 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_white089
OJ Mayo will be #1 followed by Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley


I can't say I agree with your idea unless Mayo is capable to average a triple double in USC next season. After all, big men are always favored by the league, even MJ was unable to rank above the dream in 1984.

wally_world 07-01-2007 01:06 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_white089
OJ Mayo will be #1 followed by Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley


yeap... i couldn't agree more...

d_white089 07-01-2007 01:17 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I can't say I agree with your idea unless Mayo is capable to average a triple double in USC next season. After all, big men are always favored by the league, even MJ was unable to rank above the dream in 1984.


Well OJ will definately be the best player in the draft, I guess it depends on who has the pick.

And if there was a dominant center coming up, I may agree. But Beasley is the most touted big man besides Hibbert who doesn't have the talent to go #1 and Beasley is only 6'9

A-MATT 07-01-2007 01:24 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
1. derrick rose
2. o.j. mayo
3. that international guy (forgot his name)
4. michael beasley
5. roy hibbert

Lebron23 07-01-2007 04:54 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
2008 NBA Draft.

1. Michael Beasley - 6'10, 18 yrs.old plays alot like a younger version of Shawn Kemp and have some nice jumpshoot from the outside.

2. OJ Mayo - the most NBA Ready in next years NBA Draft he got the skills to almost average a triple double next season in the NCAA.

3. Derrick Rose- A Wade type of player with a better jumpshoot and athletism.

Derrick Rose

Position: Guard
Height: 6-4
Weight: 197
Birthday: 10/04/89
College: Memphis
Home Town: Chicago, IL


• As a senior in 2006-07, averaged 25.0 ppg., 9.0 rpg., 8.0 apg., 3.4 spg. and 1.0 bpg. while shooting 59.0 percent from the field and 45.0 percent from 3-point to help Simeon (Ill.) finish 33-2 and capture it's second consecutive Class AA state title, the first Chicago team to do so in the Illinois High School Association's 100-year history.

• Simeon finished as the No. 6 team in USA Today’s 2007 Super 25 national rankings, appearing in all 13 of the listings throughout the 2006-07 season.

• Earned USA Today Player of the Week honors for Jan. 23, 2007, after scoring 28 points and dishing nine assists against 2007 Hoop Summit teammate Nolan Smith and Oak Hill Academy (Va.) and 13 points vs. Corlis H.S. (Ill.). The 78-75 win over Oak Hll in the

All-Spice Showcase was the first-ever high school game televised on ESPN.

• As a junior in 2005-06, averaged 20.0 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 8.0 apg., 3.0 spg. and 2.0 bpg. while shooting 57.0 percent from the field to help his squad finish 33-4 and capture the Illinois Class AA state championship.

• Averaged 19.0 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 8.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 1.0 bpg. and shot 50.0 percent from the field as a sophomore in 2004-05 to help Simeon finish 30-5.

• As a freshman in 2003-04, averaged 18.0 ppg., 4.0 rpg., 6.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 1.0 bpg. to help his squad to a 24-1 finish.

wally_world 07-01-2007 06:47 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron23
2008 NBA Draft.

1. Michael Beasley - 6'10, 18 yrs.old plays alot like a younger version of Shawn Kemp and have some nice jumpshoot from the outside.

2. OJ Mayo - the most NBA Ready in next years NBA Draft he got the skills to almost average a triple double next season in the NCAA.

3. Derrick Rose- A Wade type of player with a better jumpshoot and athletism.

Derrick Rose

Position: Guard
Height: 6-4
Weight: 197
Birthday: 10/04/89
College: Memphis
Home Town: Chicago, IL


• As a senior in 2006-07, averaged 25.0 ppg., 9.0 rpg., 8.0 apg., 3.4 spg. and 1.0 bpg. while shooting 59.0 percent from the field and 45.0 percent from 3-point to help Simeon (Ill.) finish 33-2 and capture it's second consecutive Class AA state title, the first Chicago team to do so in the Illinois High School Association's 100-year history.

• Simeon finished as the No. 6 team in USA Today’s 2007 Super 25 national rankings, appearing in all 13 of the listings throughout the 2006-07 season.

• Earned USA Today Player of the Week honors for Jan. 23, 2007, after scoring 28 points and dishing nine assists against 2007 Hoop Summit teammate Nolan Smith and Oak Hill Academy (Va.) and 13 points vs. Corlis H.S. (Ill.). The 78-75 win over Oak Hll in the

All-Spice Showcase was the first-ever high school game televised on ESPN.

• As a junior in 2005-06, averaged 20.0 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 8.0 apg., 3.0 spg. and 2.0 bpg. while shooting 57.0 percent from the field to help his squad finish 33-4 and capture the Illinois Class AA state championship.

• Averaged 19.0 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 8.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 1.0 bpg. and shot 50.0 percent from the field as a sophomore in 2004-05 to help Simeon finish 30-5.

• As a freshman in 2003-04, averaged 18.0 ppg., 4.0 rpg., 6.0 apg., 2.0 spg. and 1.0 bpg. to help his squad to a 24-1 finish.



Derrick Rose = sick

monthh 07-05-2007 01:11 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
My pick is Nicolas Batum. I think he has all the tools to be a superstar in the NBA. He will take a couple years, but he will be a star.

After him I like Mayo, Beasley, and Rose in that order. I love Beasley, but Mayo has so much potential. Rose is going to be great too. All the other freshman I just want to see play. That is the great thing about the new age limit. We will get to see guys like Gordon, Greene, and Love. I am not knocking this draft, but I think outside of the top 3, you won't see a freshman class like last year. Last year just had so many great players like Wright, Conley, Hawes, Young, Crittenton, Budinger, Lawson, Cook, Augustin, Arthur, Lopez brothers, Curry, Reynolds, and a bunch more that have a ton of potential. If this years class gets half as many 1st rounders (8 this year alone, another 8 probably on the way next year) then I would be impressed.

So my top 30 right now in a rough order:

1. Batum-France-Huge upside, very skilled, okay size for his age, young, very athletic, this guy has it all to be the #1 pick in the draft.

2. Mayo-USC-Great size for PG, just needs to bring his game together, and a year at USC will go a long way, a future star.

3. Beasley-Kansas State-Big, athletic, and strong, like recent picks Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas, and Al Horford, has huge potential, but not at an NBA talent level right now.

4. Rose-Memphis-Tall, athletic, fast, and huge upside, not as ready as Mayo, but 2nd best PG prospect in all of the world, could be better than Mayo in the end, 2 or 3 years in college wouldn't hurt.

5. Samb-Senegal-Tall, athletic, good outside game, needs work on his post game and add 50 pounds, but has huge potential, adds size in a draft that lacks size, will be a project for years.

6. Gordon-Indiana-Lacks a true NBA position, but is strong, athletic, and can shoot, a great prospect for a team that can fit in a 6-4 SG.

7. Collison-UCLA-Athletic, fast, great defender, can handle and pass, lacks size and is improving his shot.
8. Budinger-Arizona-Tall, athletic, and has a lot of upside, most proven scorer in the draft, needs to add weight.

9. Hibbert-Georgetown-Top senior in his class, huge, pretty talented, stock is soaring, will need to have a great year to remain this high.

10. Lawson-North Carolina-Undersized, but ultra-quick, and has proven he can lead a team, can get the basket at will, needs to work on his shot.

11. Brook Lopez-Stanford-Big and skilled, plays good defense, needs to put his game together, still a project, this season is important for his draft stock.

12. Hansbrough-North Carolina-Probably the most well known player in the draft, many different opinions, but has talent and will be able to play in the NBA.

13. Arthur-Kansas-Very althletic, and has a vastly improving offensive game, okay on defense, huge upside, an inch or two keeps him out of the top 8.

14. Walker-Kansas State-Extremely athletic, good size and strength for a swingman, still a mystery because of injuries, but showed huge upside when he did play.

15. Caracter-Louisville-Very big, has a lot of skills, but has a lot of work to do.

16. Greene-Syracuse-Good size and athletic ability, could move up with a good season, not much else I can say about him.

17. Thabeet-UConn-Tall, can block shots, a pure project at this point.

18. Jordan-Texas A&M-Tall, long, athletic, shows some talent, needs a lot of work to bring his game together.

19. Tomic-Croatia-Top international big man, has some talent, and is versitile on offense, but not NBA ready.

20. Ellington-North Carolina-Good shooter and is athletic, but his height knocks him down 5 to 10 spots than his talent would indicate.

21. Rush-Kansas-No real weakness, but doesn't seem to have the upside of other top swingmen.

22. Hardin-California-Overrated this year, but has good size, is athletic, and can rebound and block shots, needs a lot of help on offense.

23. Gibson-USC-Athletic and works hard, needs to bulk up and isn't a natural talent, will be a great energy guy with upside to be a good NBA player.

24. Mbah a Moute-UCLA-Good on defense, but still raw, has the athletic ability and length to be a factor in the NBA if he improves his learning curve.

25. Shved-Russia-Huge upside, years away from being ready for the NBA, and in a strong PG draft he will have trouble getting in the 1st round, more upside and natural talent than Koponen and other recent international PG.

26. Love-UCLA-Big and talented, but not athletic and will have a harder time dominating in college and the NBA than he did in HS.

27. Gallinari-Italy-Another young and skilled 6-9 international player, huge upside, but time will tell if he pans out.

28. Dragic-Slovenia-Tall PG with a lot of good qualities, solid on offense, bad on defense, needs to improve but has the upside to be an NBA PG.

29. Gordon-Mississippi State-Good all-around combo-guard, needs to work on his shot, has NBA talent, solid late 1st round prospect.

30. Dorsey-Memphis-Big, strong, and extremely athletic, works hard, not real skilled, but makes plays, a lot like Stromile Swift.


I left out Jerryd Bayless just because I can't see him leaving Arizona after 1 year. I probably would have had him at 15.

baseketball4life 07-05-2007 02:21 AM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
1. Michael Beasley
2. Eric Gordon
3. OJ Mayo
4. Derrick Rose
5. Roy Hibbert

Interminator 07-16-2007 01:21 PM

Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects
 
I dont see Rose leaving after his freshman year unless he is going kevin durant each game,he could be the #1 pick in 2009
Love is gonna do 3 years at least,maybe 4
Samb will most likely enter in 2009

Bayless may leave after 1 year since arizona is also bringing in Brandon Jennings next year


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy