Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mike James agrees to deal with the Wolves! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4866)

Skywalker 07-11-2006 05:15 PM

Mike James agrees to deal with the Wolves!

I love it, absolutely love it.

What does everyone else think?

RocketsFanatic 07-11-2006 05:41 PM

i think it is stupid, he only wants money. He went to the Minnesotta timberwolves for the money. If he didnt want the money, he would have gone to where he lived, Houston, Texas.

04mzwach 07-11-2006 05:46 PM

Yeah, I love it. I knew McHale made some mistakes in our orginization, but I knew he was going to do something smart and pick Mike James up. I just hope the guy has a performance like he did last season. I wish that Mike James was a proven scorer instead of one breakout season. He should continue the same thing he did last season and I think he will. It's a great fit, Garnett is similar to Chris Bosh so it should work the same way. We definetely have a playoff team now, It's in the bag. I just hope that we can make some other moves for another defensive minded player in the PF or C positions, and maybe try to keep banks if we can dump somebody like Jaric or Hudson, but I'd rather dump Hudson and Jaric in the middle of the season instead of right now.

04mzwach 07-11-2006 05:48 PM

He went to Minnesota because we offered him a year more.

Gregsguys 07-11-2006 05:52 PM

Cha Ching

He went to Minny for the 'cha ching', unfortunately I think you will find what you are getting is a good player who is far to selfish and self-centered to lead anyone anywhere. Why do you think Toronto with all that cap room would let him go.......best of luck......being a raps fan I hope he works out for you but wouldn't bet a nickel on it.:banana:

BigTicket 07-11-2006 06:06 PM

Getting a veteran scorer for the Wolves is a good move, and whether he came for the money or not it's not like the Wolves overpaid him even a little, 4 years at the MLE is very reasonable for a 31-year old coming off a 20ppg season, I mean look at what Peja got.

Allows the wolves to get Banks go easily, and they have a pretty solid backcourt now, what's missing as always in a solid center, though they do have some pieces to offer in trades for Magloire or Wright, like Jaric or Hudson or McCants or Griffin.

04mzwach 07-11-2006 06:39 PM

The reason James didn't work in Toronto was because the Raptors suck.
:banana:

JimmyB 07-11-2006 06:53 PM

Miles for Jaric

Excellent news. This means that the Wolves can now let Jaric go for Darius Miles. Good buddies with KG and a big time scorer.

Skywalker 07-11-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

The reason James didn't work in Toronto was because the Raptors suck.

He did work in Toronto. 20 ppg and 6 apg is working IMO.

04mzwach 07-11-2006 09:21 PM

playoffs = working

04mzwach 07-11-2006 09:21 PM

darius miles, scary

hutcht02 07-11-2006 11:33 PM

whatever

im happy for the twolves. as a clippers fan, anything that puts you guys into the top half in record and gets us your pick next year makes me VERY happy.:banana: :applause: :D :roll: :pimp: :banana:

Starter01 07-12-2006 02:25 AM

well im happy for you guys (T-wolves) fans that you have James now you will have the most undersized backcourt in the league (James,Foye):D if they Start & i hope at least they can play some good D. so they would not get burn a lot.. but nice Signing james helps you a lot and he's not afraid to take Clucth shot and he not passive Like KG wen in Crunchtime...

04mzwach 07-12-2006 07:24 PM

T-wolves Starters---
James 6'2"
Hassell 6'5"
Davis 6'8"
Kg 6'11"
Blount 7'0"

Mavs Starters---
Terry 6'2"
Stackhouse 6'6"
Howard 6'7"
Nowitzki 7'0"
Dampier 7'0"

Skywalker 07-13-2006 01:31 PM

I think once McCants comes back either him or Foye will star. I don't think they want their 3 best young players (along with Craig Smith) coming off the bench.