Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Steve Francis Returns to the Rockets (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50048)

Moose 07-19-2007 03:38 PM

Steve Francis Returns to the Rockets

Quote:

Steve Francis to return to Rockets
Three-time All-Star picks former team over Heat, Mavs and Clippers

Former Rockets guard Steve Francis is about to be future Rockets guard Steve Francis.

Francis chose the Rockets over the Heat, Mavericks and Clippers, his agent Jeff Fried said on Thursday.

"I just hung up with Daryl (Morey, the Rockets general manager)," Fried said. "He is dealing with facilitating the contract.

"It's a combination of a variety of factors including the fit with the team, a comfortableness with the organization and a familiarity with the surroundings. He has a home in Houston. In so many ways, it has remained his home, despite some interim stops, Orlando and New York.

"For Steve, it's coming home."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4982185.html

HTOWN AL 420 07-19-2007 04:19 PM

Re: Steve Francis Returns to the Rockets

lets hope that none of the games coincide with the superbowl, and also hope that stevie can accept his bench role

Moose 07-19-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTOWN AL 420
lets hope that none of the games coincide with the superbowl, and also hope that stevie can accept his bench role

Whois gonna stare ahead of him? James?

RapsFan 07-19-2007 04:44 PM

Is Houston trying to have as many overpaid, reasonably solid PGs on a roster as possible. Rafer, Francis, James. They also have Snyder I think, Bonzi, Head....TMAC...all capable of playing SG. More then one of those guys is going to get VERY low mins and not be happy. Perhaps there will be a move to acquire a big to team with Scola, Butler, Yao, Mutombo. Hayes up front. Houston's roster is pretty stacked, hopefully people accept their roles.

bleedinpurpleTwo 07-19-2007 05:10 PM

Perhaps now your FO would consider trading Head to LA?

Q.E.C 07-19-2007 05:30 PM

i think there's going to be a trade for a PF because we have way too many guards.

TarHeelBorn 07-19-2007 05:40 PM

I expect Francis will be much better than he has been. Bonzi will be better with Van Gundy gone. Scola is a great addition to play PF. Yao and T-Mac are Yao and T-Mac... I'm already markin' Houston down in the Western Conf Finals (at least).

But ya, y'all should throw Mike James and his contract out for a frontcourt player. Heck, maybe y'all could throw some people at Cleveland for Varejao or Gooden, lord knows they need a PG.

t-mac#1 07-19-2007 06:06 PM

We can keep Mike James, Aaron Brooks, and Steve Francis. They already said they will get rid of JL3. We then trade Rafer for Miami's PF Haslem, Cleavland's Gooden or Varejo.

UMDRox 07-19-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTOWN AL 420

If he is healthy, he is the starter. When he got healthy towards the end of last season, he was playing really well. James is better suited to come off the bench and score. James is a spark plug.

I hope they get rid of Rafer and JL3.

Q.E.C 07-20-2007 12:28 AM

is this team deep now?? we have bonzi coming off the bench and now mike james or francis??

L.Kizzle 07-20-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
is this team deep now?? we have bonzi coming off the bench and now mike james or francis??

Stevie should come off the bench behond Mac.

Mike Jackson/Skip/Aaron
Mac/Franchise/Kirk
Shane Battery/Bonzi
Chuck/Scola
Yao/Deke

Q.E.C 07-20-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Mike Jackson/Skip/Aaron
Mac/Franchise/Kirk
Shane Battery/Bonzi
Chuck/Scola
Yao/Deke

thats what i was thinking, but......

where's luther??? :confusedshrug:

Finn T-Mac 07-20-2007 06:34 AM

Now, why we got James, we don't need 3 pgs, we need a pf. Ship James away for a pf. And hope Francis gets some love in his old team.

CAYO 07-20-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Mike Jackson/Skip/Aaron
Mac/Franchise/Kirk
Shane Battery/Bonzi
Chuck/Scola
Yao/Deke

FRANCIS IS NOT A SG IF YOU PUT HIM AT THE 2 FRANCIS IS UNDERSIZE AND AVERAGE REBOUNDER IF YOU PUT HIM AT THE 1 FRANCIS HAS GOOD SIZE FOR A POINT GUARD AND IS AN EXCELLECNT REBOUNDER FOR A 1 I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A TRADE FOR A BETTER 4 THAN CHUCK HAYES AND A BETTER 2 THAN LUTHER HEAD PLAYERS LIKE KYLE KORVER AND VAREJAO. PLAYERS WE CAN TRADE HEAD ALSTON SNYDER NOVAK SURAS CONTRACT LUCAS BUTLER HAYES

1 FRANCIS JAMES BROOKS
2 MCGRADY KORVER
3 BATTIER WELLS
4 SCOLA VAREJAO
5 YAO MOTUMBO

UMDRox 07-20-2007 03:34 PM

James is a good player to come off the bench. Adelman want James to play like Bobby Jackson in Sac. Last year, Houston bench was not good and this year, we have two capable players (Bonzi and James) coming off the bench to score. I really hope people don't throw out Brooks as a possible starter b/c it's not reasonable to expect a late draft pick who is an undersized PG to play as a starter from day one. I thinks Brooks will be okay eventually and he may be a decent contributor off the bench this year. Also, Brooks will need to learn that he isn't the first, second or may not even be the third option on offense.