Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Kurt Thomas --- WTF (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50269)

RainierBeachPoet 07-21-2007 11:00 AM

Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
thomas is now a sonic

we have a couple more draft picks in the future

the trade exemption is gone...

another step toward a tanked year for the sonics in clay bennetts master plan to move the team

**crying over my oatmeal**

marny_navis 07-29-2007 02:59 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
Oh well you guys could get Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley or someone in next year's draft to play alongside Kevin Durant and Jeff Green so it's not so bad.

mateo31 07-30-2007 11:04 AM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
Kurt Thomas is a pretty solid player. He can rebound, defend the low post, and has a nice mid range shot. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurt was in the starting lineup. Good pickup for the Sonics. :banana:

RapsFan 07-30-2007 03:18 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
thomas is now a sonic

we have a couple more draft picks in the future

the trade exemption is gone...

another step toward a tanked year for the sonics in clay bennetts master plan to move the team

**crying over my oatmeal**


How does adding a solid vet. big man for nothing to help teach the young players a thing or two get called another step towards a tanked year?

ereed6 11-07-2007 10:19 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
Now I am a Celtics fan, but I really like Kurt Thomas. Why is he not being utilized at all, makes me very sad. He was a very very solid player in Phoenix, that game with the suspensions last year was definitely held in check by Kurt Thomas he is a great post defender who I thought would work great in another fast paced offense, too bad. I'll give you Leon Powe for him.

1982 11-19-2007 04:20 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
He's been injured. With Swift out now and Petro wavering he might get some decent time. I fail to see how moving the exemption for 2 late 1st rounders and KT was bad.

$14.98 01-05-2008 03:24 AM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
I feel bad for Kurt. He is a veteran and it looks like he is past his prime. I would've love it had he stayed in PHX.

But he's done a great job filling the Sonics need at the PF position.

1982 01-06-2008 10:40 AM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
of course he's past his prime! the point is he's the only guy apart from collison who goes to get those rebounds. good job!

RainierBeachPoet 01-14-2008 10:36 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $14.98
I feel bad for Kurt. He is a veteran and it looks like he is past his prime. I would've love it had he stayed in PHX.

But he's done a great job filling the Sonics need at the PF position.


phx feels the same way at this point...

ThyGreatOne 01-15-2008 01:02 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
why didnt the Suns keep Kurt man? they didnt think to ask him if he would restructure his deal and sign for less? anything! man we miss his defense and rebounding like a son of a gun! why didnt the Suns give ya'll Diaw haha!

RainierBeachPoet 01-15-2008 07:52 PM

Re: Kurt Thomas --- WTF
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
why didnt the Suns keep Kurt man? they didnt think to ask him if he would restructure his deal and sign for less? anything! man we miss his defense and rebounding like a son of a gun! why didnt the Suns give ya'll Diaw haha!


this is evident

my guess as to why the sonics signed him on the exemption are his age and the $9 contract


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy