Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I was just wondering, why didnt the Nets? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5039)

chanchan05 07-13-2006 10:14 AM

I was just wondering, why didnt the Nets?

I was wondering why didnt the nets make a run for ben wallace? i mean sure he only scores a career ave of 7 a game, which will rise with his coming to the nets because of kidd (teams seem to forget about guarding ben for some reason) but he gives that huge 11 reb a game and 2 blocks, what the nets really need...*sigh*... imagine that lineup, besides, they really dont need added offense just look at the firepower: VC, RJ and krstic, not to mention an occasional outburst from kidd.

ZHAKIDD532 07-13-2006 11:39 AM

They're over the cap so they don't have the money. Most teams are. He could help a lot teams, especially Phoenix, but no one had the money to pay him where he really might've wanted to go....

New Jazzy Nets 07-13-2006 12:45 PM

Boy when will people realise that this isn't MLB. There is a thing called the salary cap. I've seen so many of these threads were people are saying we should sign such and such. Like on a heat one they author said they should go after Peja and Harrington.

wang4three 07-13-2006 02:48 PM

Joe Dumars would never do a sign and trade with a close EC rival like that. Unless it got him one of the big 3.

The Italian 07-13-2006 09:43 PM

If the cap would've allowed it then they probaly would've went after Big Ben.

chanchan05 07-13-2006 11:48 PM

i thought they raised the cap? how much is the cap now anyway?and ben wallace's salary when he was with detroit wasnt THAT big, i mean chicago over paid him.

ZHAKIDD532 07-14-2006 06:51 AM

Detroit offered as much as they wanted to. The team you wee with the preivous season can pay you as much as they want...

Wade871 07-15-2006 11:07 AM

Get Back Martin Please TRade WE NEED MARIN BACK. :bowdown: :bowdown: Who thinks we need K-Marin back. him VC Kidd and RJ. all you need to do is make a trade like 1st and 2nd round draft and also trade krisitc

dblockrep2 07-15-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wade871
Get Back Martin Please TRade WE NEED MARIN BACK. :bowdown: :bowdown: Who thinks we need K-Marin back. him VC Kidd and RJ. all you need to do is make a trade like 1st and 2nd round draft and also trade krisitc

1.it can't happen K Mart signed a 80 million dollar contract with Denver, Nets don't have the cap space for that contract.

ONly possibly way for K-mart to return to NJ is if Denver buys him out of his contract, Nets can then pick him up.

ZHAKIDD532 07-15-2006 02:47 PM

i hope the latter happens, i wouldn't trade krstic for him anyway...

The Italian 07-15-2006 10:06 PM

If K-Mart came back then NJ would have the best starting lineup in the league by far. They would have an elite player in VC they would have three all-stars in KM, RJ and JK and if Kristic keeps develpoing he could be a really really good player in this league. Could you imagine preparing a game plan when playing against this team? Too bad the cap won't allow it.:cry: