Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52210)

LakerWarrior12 08-08-2007 11:25 AM

Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
I am not going to look for the threads that have who will makes the playoffs and who won't. obviously people leave out the Lakers because of 2007 Injury Season.


Hello? The Lakers have made the playoffs for the last 2 seasons:hammerhead:

What makes them miss the playoffs for this season? Injuries?


Please. in the end Kobe finds a way to help the team win games. The Lakers picked up JC, signed Derek Fisher to a contract, resigned Mihm hopefully to be healthy, resigned Walton. they let go Smush Parker, Aaron Mckie, and Shammond Williams. which is good. and hopefully to get Jermaine O'Neal.


So for all you h@ters, go **** your mother.

Sharas 08-08-2007 11:28 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
warriors and hornets will be better than last season. and they almost caught you last season. spurs, suns, mavs, nuggets, rockets and jazz are clearly better than lakers.

so there definitely are reasons for concern if you don't get JO. not outright saying that you won't make it. but it's not granted at all. hornets might easily be better if healthy.

Optimus Prime 08-08-2007 11:28 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Because most of the ISH posters hate on Kobe and the Lakers something fierce. They also are big time fanbois of LeBron or T-Mac and wear the rose colored glasses.

The Lakers will make the playoffs. Not very high (#7 tops), and might get to the second round if they get a favorable matchup in the first round.

Kobe's game and will to win are SEVERELY underestimated...

OneWay 08-08-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
You're kind of an idiot, aren't you?


If this is the team they head into the season with, it's very possible they miss the playoffs.
Why? For one, they don't have the talent. That's the biggest reason, really.
You think Fisher is a big upgrade over Smush? He isn't. And he's 33 years old.
Critt? Just a rookie. Until proven that he can contribute, he's a nobody.
Who else is there? That's right, no one.

Even though they were harmed by injuries, they're not a good team. Far from it.

Other teams upgraded their talent level. Other teams were injured, too.

Teams like NO, Kings and Memphis will compete for the playoff spot. Seattle and Portland are teams of the future.
teams like SAS, PHO, DAL, UTA, HOU and DEN are a lock. That's 6 teams.
Those teams **** on the Lakers.
You think the Lakers will for sure get one of the remaining two spots? Live in that denial if you will because it's anything but guaranteed.

Add to that a fact that Kobe's unhappy, threatening to sit out games and the Lakers are an injury prone squad so injuries might happen again.

They're a big question mark and no one can tell for sure whether they make the playoffs or not.

Kobe will probably get them in again but with this team, even if they make it, it's first round and out. Most likely. Kobe would need to go Hulk for anything else to happen.

Rockets(T-mac) 08-08-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharas
warriors and hornets will be better than last season. and they almost caught you last season. spurs, suns, mavs, nuggets, rockets and jazz are clearly better than lakers.

so there definitely are reasons for concern if you don't get JO. not outright saying that you won't make it. but it's not granted at all. hornets might easily be better if healthy.

co-sign.

Interminator 08-08-2007 11:46 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
I dont hate on Kobe,he is the best player of the past decade

Lakers dont know what they want,they want to compete but they also want to keep their players of the future

Best thing for them to do,claim Kobe tears his ACL and tank next season to draft OJ Mayo or trade the pick and Kwame for a top player

Optimus Prime 08-08-2007 11:50 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Kobe's prime and the Lakers franchise are being held down by Mitch Kupcake.

Shaq for Odom?
Butler for Kwame?

Wow. I wish I could do that badly at my job and still make tons of loot. Kupcake is literally a pirate, pillaging and looting the Lakers franchise.

bigdog13 08-08-2007 11:54 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
I am not going to look for the threads that have who will makes the playoffs and who won't. obviously people leave out the Lakers because of 2007 Injury Season.


Hello? The Lakers have made the playoffs for the last 2 seasons:hammerhead:

What makes them miss the playoffs for this season? Injuries?


Please. in the end Kobe finds a way to help the team win games. The Lakers picked up JC, signed Derek Fisher to a contract, resigned Mihm hopefully to be healthy, resigned Walton. they let go Smush Parker, Aaron Mckie, and Shammond Williams. which is good. and hopefully to get Jermaine O'Neal.


So for all you h@ters, go **** your mother.


Oh no, people have been saying bad things about my lakers. WHAAAAA who cares. If you like the Lakers so be it, it should not matter what others think.

And up to the part about my mother, you were making sound arguments, stating your case etc and then you lost it and made the h@ter statement and now you sound like a spoiled kid having a temper tantrum.

BTW i cannot beleive H A T E R is banned in this forum are we in communist cuba here?

knickscity 08-08-2007 11:54 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
The west is still very deep as far as teams are concerned.

Even the Griz had made the playoffs 4 straight years.

Once you count SA., Phoenix, Dallas, Utah, Houston, Denver you only have two spots left.

Take into account Golden State may get in again.

Trading J-Rich for a younger talent makes them even better.

So now that 7.

New Orleans is always an injury away from making it.

The lakers are really just Kobe.

as good of a player Kobe is, it's an uphill climb that I can't be 100% sure of.

Interminator 08-08-2007 11:54 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Kobe's prime and the Lakers franchise are being held down by Mitch Kupcake.

Shaq for Odom?
Butler for Kwame?

Wow. I wish I could do that badly at my job and still make tons of loot. Kupcake is literally a pirate, pillaging and looting the Lakers franchise.

The good thing is their the second best basketball team in California

knickscity 08-08-2007 11:57 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
The good thing is their the second best basketball team in California

3rd, Sac is better also.

Optimus Prime 08-08-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
:roll:

The Laker hate and lack of common sense is strong with this one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
3rd, Sac is better also.


OneWay 08-08-2007 11:59 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
3rd, Sac is better also.


And talent wise 4th, because the Clippers with healthy Brand and Livingston are also better.

Interminator 08-08-2007 11:59 AM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
The west is still very deep as far as teams are concerned.

Even the Griz had made the playoffs 4 straight years.

Once you count SA., Phoenix, Dallas, Utah, Houston, Denver you only have two spots left.

Take into account Golden State may get in again.

Trading J-Rich for a younger talent makes them even better.

So now that 7.

New Orleans is always an injury away from making it.

The lakers are really just Kobe.

as good of a player Kobe is, it's an uphill climb that I can't be 100% sure of.

Trading Jason Richardson set them back,when he was not healthy he still contributed 16 a game
you trade that for a guy like Brandan Wright,who was only good because teams put their best post player on Tyler Hansbrough
I honestly believe they intended on trading him for Yi but Milwaukee declinded because they thought they could get a deal done

Interminator 08-08-2007 12:01 PM

Re: Why does everybody think the Lakers will miss the playoffs?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
3rd, Sac is better also.



I had to find a similey worthy of that idiotic comment


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy