Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NBA Rookie of the Year Rankings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53258)

insidehoops 08-20-2007 09:35 AM

NBA Rookie of the Year Rankings

Discuss. Tell me what you agree with, disagree with, and why:

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-rookies.shtml

chains5000 08-20-2007 09:38 AM

Re: NBA Rookie of the Year Rankings

You should mention Juan Carlos Navarro somewhere, he's got the experience and skill to deserve it.

insidehoops 08-20-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
You should mention Juan Carlos Navarro somewhere, he's got the experience and skill to deserve it.

OK thanks. Adding a short note about him at the bottom.

insidehoops 08-20-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000

OK, added it.

The Grizzlies are clearly hoping Mike Conley becomes a star point guard though, so you agree with me that Juan Carlos is probably going to be used as a reserve behind him and behind Mike Miller at SG, right?

kumquat 08-20-2007 10:13 AM

Pretty decent, I'd knock julian wright below guys like noah and thornton. He was horrible in summer league and is behind mopete on the roster now. His ball handling won't cut it in the NBA and his shooting is too poor.

The other wright, B.Wright(probably stands for bust) will get his ass Patrick O'Bryant'd by don nelson. If you're going to put him in the rankings, there's no reason to leave out belinelli who is more nba ready.

Don't sleep on big baby, he'll be getting the lions share of minutes at C with kendrick perkins. Disregard his body, the guy knows how to ball, has veteran savvy which should fit in with the big 3.

Make It Rain 08-20-2007 10:31 AM

Noah shouldn't even be on the list. He's gonna basically be a hustle guy. No way you get ROY for that. Belinelli should get some respect. With J-Rich out, someone needs to fill that scoring hole. It's gonna be him.

thejoyofsobe 08-20-2007 10:37 AM

I agree that Bellinelli should be higher since the Warriors traded away Jason Richardson. Put him in front of Jason Smith.

I think Thornton should be moved up to somewhere around #8 since Brand is down probably until after the AS break. Their front court is so thin right now, I think there is very little chance that Thornton doesn't get at least 25mpg this year.

brantonli 08-20-2007 10:37 AM

No love for Luis Scola (2 time MVP, gold medalist in olympics, second in scoring in Spanish league)?

Make It Rain 08-20-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantonli
No love for Luis Scola (2 time MVP, gold medalist in olympics, second in scoring in Spanish league)?

He's also playing on the Spurs. Good luck getting minutes there.

brantonli 08-20-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make It Rain
He's also playing on the Spurs. Good luck getting minutes there.

Really? I'm under the impression he's on the Rockets for some reason.

thejoyofsobe 08-20-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

But will there be enough shots for him since Ming, McGrady and Francis are also on the team? I don't know the answer to that, but he should at least get an honorable mention.

insidehoops 08-20-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah. Added him as the first name on the 'notes' area. He should probably go higher. Probably move him up later. At least he's on there now.

jerky10 08-20-2007 10:54 AM

Corey Brewer should'nt be on the list.. Minni got lots of wing players. I don't think he'll get many minutes if he's sharing w/ Green, Gomes, McCants, Jaric, and Hassel. Swap him with Al Thornton. With Elton Brand out, he'll sure get more minutes. Belinelli and Crittenton should be in the top 14.

insidehoops 08-20-2007 11:17 AM

Updated a few things

Keep the feedback coming. If I disagree with you, I change nothing. If you state good reasons that I agree with, I make the change.

thenextgreatbigman 08-20-2007 11:34 AM

with the brand injury i'd move al thorton up to #7, he's athletic and at this point can score as well if not better than everyone on that list not named durant. I could see him getting some time at the 4.

grizzlies still have damon and lowry, conley will get less playing time than harford.