Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Go Ryan Hollins! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5340)

dab0yech0 07-16-2006 02:48 AM

Go Ryan Hollins!

hopefully he sees some minutes on the Bobcats roster. Hes a very athletic bigman and usually this leads to alot of dunks for him. His only weakness is that hes very weak physically. He can be a Tyson Chandler type of player with a decent midrange jumpshot.

UCLAlegend32 07-16-2006 03:15 AM

hollins is a straight out baller hes athletic and is workin on his mid range game. just needs to hit the weight room and then u have yourself an allstar for years to come.

dwillreg 07-16-2006 10:21 AM

That would be great but maybe is wishfulll thinking.

MikeUK 07-16-2006 07:19 PM

Sayin a 50th overall pick is going to be an all-star is a bit of a reach, but agree he could be a quality player if he can add some bulk. Heard he's not been playing ball too long, but been improving at an awesome rate in that time so expect it to take him a whole season of weights and waiting to see much court time but then he should be a good player yeah. Any squad could do with a 7 oot guy with his athleticism!

fatboy11 07-16-2006 07:21 PM

Ryan Hollins = possible All-Star?

Whatever, man.

Bricklayer 07-17-2006 12:06 AM

Jazz fan here, but i'm also a HUGE ucla fan. I really wished we had drafted him in the 2nd round when he was still available. I think he's got some great upside and 7 footers with his mobility are rare. I actually think he could be a Jamaal Magloire type and he was an all-star, if only for lack of great centers in the east that year. Hollins really turned it on in March and was a huge reason UCLA went as far as they did this year.

UCLAlegend32 07-17-2006 12:35 AM

i remember hollins as a freshman at ucla he would always try layups instead of taking it stong and dunk it. over the years hes learnd how to time blocks and be aggresive when going up for 2. he has a decent jumpshot and a ok hook across the paint. but boy is he fast. he was on the ucla track team for a few years so he could run up and down the court all day. since the east is weak when it comes to big men he has the potential to be an allstar.

throwitdwnbigman 07-17-2006 10:13 AM

Screw Ryan Hollins!!!

GO Curtis Withers!

fatboy11 07-17-2006 12:37 PM

The Eastern Conference is weak so that = the #50 pick in a weak draft could be an All-Star?

STFU. Seriously. That is ridiculous.

dwillreg 07-19-2006 12:28 AM

You can't dismiss the fact that someone will never become an All Star before they even hit the court for their rookie year. I think it is doubtful Hollins will ever be an All Star, but it isn't rediculous to think that will be a possibility. He is improving every year and he is 7 feet so you never know.

fatboy11 07-19-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwillreg
You can't dismiss the fact that someone will never become an All Star before they even hit the court for their rookie year. I think it is doubtful Hollins will ever be an All Star, but it isn't rediculous to think that will be a possibility. He is improving every year and he is 7 feet so you never know.

I wouldn't dismiss it, but I sure as hell wouldn't suggest it.

marny_navis 07-24-2006 09:35 PM

I don't think he will be an all star, but what about career averages of 10, 7, and 2? He'd be a quality backup on any team.