Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Othella Harrington signs with Bobcats (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5715)

fatboy11 07-19-2006 10:04 PM

Othella Harrington signs with Bobcats

http://www.insidehoops.com/harringto...s-071906.shtml

Good signing for you guys. I had hoped he would come back to Houston.

Timmeh 07-19-2006 11:16 PM

good signing, maybe this means that there will be a sign and trade with ely

Heretik32 07-20-2006 07:14 AM

Harrington? He's a PF, right? I thought the cats were already two good guys deep (Okafor, May) at the 4?

fatboy11 07-20-2006 08:14 AM

Harrington can play center too and likely will in Charlotte.

MikeUK 07-20-2006 12:46 PM

Yeah a decent back up at center but can't see us having a 6'9 center in Harrington and a 6'9 PF in May, on at once. Would get swamped.

Not really that excited about him but if Ely is going then he's an OK replacement I guess. Otherwise I'd prefer Ely and May backing up and surely we wouldn't have got Harrington in as the third stringer for both positions would they? Like man 11 or 12 on the bench and have him predominantly as injury cover considering last season?

dwillreg 07-20-2006 01:12 PM

Who is Othella Harrington?

throwitdwnbigman 07-20-2006 07:28 PM

harrington is a great pickup...he average 6pts and 2rebs last season.

You guys are ridiculous

Timmeh 07-20-2006 07:38 PM

The Charlotte Bobcats apologize to you, throwitdwnbigman, for not living up to your standards of signing big free agents we don't need that will not improve this growing franchise. The Charlotte Bobcats also apologize to you for being a douche, even though you cannot help it, our deepest sympathies go out to you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,
The Charlotte Bobcats.

InLebronWeTrust 07-20-2006 10:30 PM

cough cough dousche cough

Czar 07-21-2006 10:08 AM

Othella is a 3rd string PF. He will be good if Okafur and May goes down again. Thats about it. You guys probably won't make the playoffs, but there are a few good Centers coming out in next year's draft.

throwitdwnbigman 07-22-2006 02:27 PM

im sorry, he average 7pts and 4 rebs last season. that is much better!

the bobcats should write to me and all the fans, it wouldnt take long considering this franchise has ZERO fan base. When you gotta sell lower level season tickets for $199? that is ridiculous. Star power is exactly what this team is missing.

The team makes no attempts at signing talent ethier. They could have made a play at Ben Wallace. Im not saying he would come here but at least offer him $50 mill to build some good PR and make it look like your interested in signing talent.

InLebronWeTrust 07-22-2006 02:32 PM

I'm sorry but this shouldn't even a thread. Who wants to talk about this guy? C'mon.

Timmeh 07-22-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throwitdwnbigman
im sorry, he average 7pts and 4 rebs last season. that is much better!

the bobcats should write to me and all the fans, it wouldnt take long considering this franchise has ZERO fan base. When you gotta sell lower level season tickets for $199? that is ridiculous. Star power is exactly what this team is missing.

The team makes no attempts at signing talent ethier. They could have made a play at Ben Wallace. Im not saying he would come here but at least offer him $50 mill to build some good PR and make it look like your interested in signing talent.

If you don't know **** about this team then dont post here man. do you want to know why this team has a small fan base? because it just started. they had to have an expansion draft to get players and team's didn't give up much talent for us. do you want to know the reason the team makes no effort to sign star talent? because our goal is to develope guys like Okafor, Felton and Morrison into star players. Ah! Light bulb. We didn't need Ben Wallace, we had Okafor and stacked with about 4 other forwards.

throwitdwnbigman 07-22-2006 04:20 PM

no no no you dont understand Timmeh? idk how old you are? BUT if you dont remember the Hornets played here a long time ago? and they sold out the old coliseum every night when they had larry johnson, rice, mourning until word got out about the team being moved.

many of the poeple of charlotte turned their backs to the thought of a new team in charlotte. Heck they didnt want the new arena to be built, which the taxpayers are paying for and they are not too happy about.

dont give me that Sh*t about them just starting, thats a sh*t excuse. the fans base is here to be taken but why would people want to be fans of this team?

and another thing...read my post, you offer wallace a deal knowing you arnt gonna get him but you do it as a PR move. let the local and national media know you are willing to make a move. give the fans something to talk about

BACK TO THE ORIGIN OF THE POST: Harrington sucks. I think this story made the back page of the Charlotte Observer in a blurb WHY? cause no one cares and Othella Harrington.

obonpaxis 07-22-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throwitdwnbigman
no no no you dont understand Timmeh? idk how old you are? BUT if you dont remember the Hornets played here a long time ago? and they sold out the old coliseum every night when they had larry johnson, rice, mourning until word got out about the team being moved.

The Hornets franchise was a novelty--even non-NBA fans were stoked that there was something new to do in Charlotte. Remember--we were selling out games when Kelly Tripucka, Kurt Rambis, and JR Reid were our STAR PLAYERS.

However, attendance started dipping WAY before the team announced the move:

LJ inks a monster contract.

'Zo then gives the first hissy-fit of his long hissy-fit career when HE doesn't get the same deal that LJ got.

'Zo moves on to Miami. Attendance drops.

LJ's back goes out and he's traded for Anthony Mason. Attendance drops.

We trade the rights to Kobe Bryant for Floppy Divac. Attendance drops.

Owner Shinn gets caught with his pants literally down. Attendance drops.

Lockout season followed by Derrick Coleman signing and Dave Cowens meltdown. After Glen Rice trade, fans fail to rally behind Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell--attendance drops.

Bobby Phills dies after racing David Wesley in apparent failed casting call for The Fast and the Furious--attendance drops.

Voter referendum ends with the city telling George Shinn to go to hell. Bye bye Hornets.

It was a long and slow slide to the bottom, and Shinn is STILL sliding.

Remember--Charlotte is still a good ol' boy NFL/NASCAR town and the Panthers are rightfully being favored by many to win the Superbowl. Attendance will be up for the 'Cats this year, but we won't see the salad days of '88-95 any time soon. Some wonderbread fans want to make sure that there are no Anthony Masons/Derrick Coleman types on the team, and a lot of feathers were ruffled because of Bob Johnson's statements that he would be a minority-first owner (the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether Johnson had the alienated Dumb Angry White NASCAR-dad contingent in mind when Morrison was selected third overall).

Overall--I'm happy with the direction the franchise is going. Give it time--babysteps.