Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Team USA breathes collective sight of relief... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5730)

AppleNader 07-20-2006 12:29 AM

Team USA breathes collective sight of relief...

...they have a chance of not being dominated by most other teams given the withdrawals of several important international players from their respective teams. The following are those players who will not be in the 2006 World Championships:

Italy
-Bargnani
-Galanda

Serbia & Montenegro
-Radmanovic and Jaric have been kicked off the team
-Stojakovic, as usual, is not participating.
-Krstic and Pavlovic get thrashed by Serbian media for declining their offerhttp://www.fiba.com/pages/en/news/la...act_news=13630

Spain
-Fran Vasquez

Lithuania
-Jasikevicius (the Team USA slayer)
-Songaila
-Ilgauskas

Turkey
-Okur
-Turkoglu

Brazil
-Nene

France
-Noah
-Rigaudeau

Senegal
-Pape Sow:cry: :cry:
-Desagana Diop:cry:
-Saer Sene:cry:

*So maybe, Team USA will have a chance.

PureElement 07-20-2006 12:35 AM

Wang Zhi Zhi dominated during the warm ups against international teams. The Yao-Wang combo will be too much for the americans. lol.

joewait 07-20-2006 12:35 AM

Dirk and the German YMCA team can beat Team USA because the OLympic officiating won't be in favor of all the US black players like it is in the NBA

Bosh4life 07-20-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joewait
Dirk and the German YMCA team can beat Team USA because the OLympic officiating won't be in favor of all the US black players like it is in the NBA

YEs but that didn't used to matter, was shaq ever on the olympic team. I would like to see the europeon players handle him, that would just be hillarious.

joewait 07-20-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosh4life
YEs but that didn't used to matter, was shaq ever on the olympic team. I would like to see the europeon players handle him, that would just be hillarious.

they'd probably foul the hell out of him and force him to go to the line, I imagine.

kentatm 07-20-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

Radmanovic and Jaric have been kicked off the team

why?

as for Rigaudeau, he came off as pretty worthless to me in his short stint on the Mavs.

and man I'm glad Wang is back playing ball. i doubt China will ever let him leave again though. in fact, im kinda surprised he went back. must have blown through all his cash. (or they kidnapped his family and forced him to play, you never know)

kentatm 07-20-2006 12:52 AM

Quote:

well Dirk and the German national team lost to Team USA last tiem and that team was much more flawed than the current one.

(was anyone else pissed off the cameraman missed AI's game winner b/c the ass was zooming in on Dirk making a face after hitting that late 3?)

Bosh4life 07-20-2006 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joewait
they'd probably foul the hell out of him and force him to go to the line, I imagine.

YEs but then they would all be in foul trouble, and it would be hillarious to watch. I mean honestly they have never played against someone like that, i would be laughing all game. Especially when they touched him and realized how ****ing sweaty he was.

AppleNader 07-20-2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
why?

Serbian basketball is currently in a really low point right now. First was the 04 Olympics meltdown. Then, in the 05 European championships, they got embarrassed even though they had Radman, Jaric, Krstic, etc etc etc. Team chemistry was zilch. It got so bad that there were fistfights in the locker room. The national team coach resigned in disgrace. Also, there was serious bitterness between the NBA players and the regular national team players to the point where they would not even talk to each other.

Radman and Jaric were the main instigators, and they most likely will never be invited to the national team again.

kentatm 07-20-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

i would be laughing all game. Especially when they touched him and realized how ****ing sweaty he was.

:roll:

thats funny as hell.

kentatm 07-20-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleNader
Team chemistry was zilch. It got so bad that there were fistfights in the locker room. The national team coach resigned in disgrace. Also, there was serious bitterness between the NBA players and the regular national team players to the point where they would not even talk to each other.

Radman and Jaric were the main instigators, and they most likely will never be invited to the national team again.

damn, sounds like the Euro Team USA.

artificial 07-20-2006 01:06 AM

not only USA, but many countries are getting into the trend of not having some of their most notable players in their roster? ...

that wont help in any way the World Championship to gain any relevance. i dream of the day that this tourney has at least 1/4th of the popularity the World Cup enjoys, but i guess that wont happen while i still breathe.

:cry:

joewait 07-20-2006 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosh4life
YEs but then they would all be in foul trouble, and it would be hillarious to watch. I mean honestly they have never played against someone like that, i would be laughing all game. Especially when they touched him and realized how ****ing sweaty he was.

hahahaha, thats funny man. At the same time, they'd be killing him with the wider lanes and zone

sydneyking 07-20-2006 01:37 AM

AppleNader, what do you think of Australia's chances?

RedBlackAttack 07-20-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleNader
So maybe, Team USA will have a chance

...of blowing out every team by 30+.