Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2k8 anything about the game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57547)

Maniuchi 10-02-2007 01:41 PM

NBA 2k8 anything about the game

what you thing about the game

MJ23 10-02-2007 02:06 PM

Re: NBA 2k8 anything about the game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniuchi
what you thing about the game

im going to buy it today...i give you my thoughts about it when i start playing it

Richie2k6 10-02-2007 04:29 PM

I'd kill to get some PS2 information.

IGOTGAME 10-02-2007 04:56 PM

Amazing...Got triangle sets in for the Lakers...and the different arenas look great

hotsizzle 10-02-2007 05:26 PM

wow wow wow. Easily best basketball game I've ever played. offensive execution is perfect..and you better know how to do it if you want to score. cant slack off on defense either. Absolutely love this game.

Really need to set up a league

Da KO King 10-02-2007 05:31 PM

I'm going to see if BestBuy has it in a little while. Not sweating it though. I'll probably only keep NBA 2K8 until November when I can trade it for College Hoops 2K8 anyway.

MJ23 10-02-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsizzle
wow wow wow. Easily best basketball game I've ever played. offensive execution is perfect..and you better know how to do it if you want to score. cant slack off on defense either. Absolutely love this game.

Really need to set up a league

i just brought it an hour ago and i played it and its sick.... the motion of the game is so smooth you actually feel like its real....the important thing is that its alot better than nba 2k7

AppleNader 10-02-2007 05:46 PM

how many sneaker options are there? I bet not nearly as many as Live.

Live > 2k

clayton 10-02-2007 05:59 PM

I don't know man. I've bought 2k4,5,6, and 7, and I think I'm kinda sick of these basketball games. Maybe in the future, I'll buy like NBA 2k10 or Live 10. LOL. But now, I'm kinda done.:sleeping

jbot 10-02-2007 06:04 PM

my only gripe is the touchy iso system. i juke and get the defender off guard and when i go to get by them i stall. maybe i just need a bit of practice. dunks seem harsher and i like when both announcers go "oh!!" on the good ones. drew a charge and the opposing player helped my player up, that was a cool animation.

i went to my local walmart (about 2 minutes away) and they didn't have it. i went home and called them to make sure and the lady said she's got a copy in her hand right now. went back and the dude said no. i had called the other wally world way on the east side of town. drove there 2am and got it.

Optimus Prime 10-02-2007 06:07 PM

All I know is that I played the demos of both Live and 2K8, and I by far preferred Live. I am waiting for some reviews of both to get online before I make my final decision.

LBJ 4 MVP 10-02-2007 06:07 PM

Missing layups is the key problem for me lol.

SCREWstonRockets 10-02-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleNader

Live > 2k

Yes, because sneakers are the most important aspects of the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
All I know is that I played the demos of both Live and 2K8, and I by far preferred Live. I am waiting for some reviews of both to get online before I make my final decision.

What happened to making up your own decisions? It's almost kind of sad that you have to rely on someone else's opinion and not your own. If you prefer Live, then get Live. Is a review really going to make you change a decision you already made?

Richie2k6 10-02-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Missing layups is the key problem for me lol.

"Missing layups is good for one thing - turning your fans against you."
- Kenny Smith, Crappy NBA 2k7 Commentary

Some random facts I've dug up about the PS2 version for any of you that care:

- Raptors don't have their new home jerseys
- Carmelo lost his signature shot and only has a normal jumper now, for some reason
- Apparently many new sig shots have been added
- There are now signature dunks
- No roles in Association mode
- No dunk contest
- No 3 point contest
- No 2k7
- No Hot Zones
- Iverson's stupid sig shot is still there
- Nash still has long hair
- The gameplay pretty much hasn't changed at all
- AI is a bit smarter
- Mike Miller now has long hair
- Association mode hasn't changed, pretty much at all
- Create a player is still terrible
- Wade still has generic shoes, like the 360 version (2k doesn't have a license with Converse to use the shoe, same with Bosh, etc)
- Can't change a bunch of player shoes
- Can't change player positions

Makes me be ashamed to be a PS2 owner.

MiseryCityTexas 10-02-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleNader

Live > 2k

what the ****? you saying live is better just because it has more shoe brands than 2k8??? :roll: :lol: :roll: