Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sonics looked decent that first game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61026)

insidehoops 11-01-2007 08:41 PM

Sonics looked decent that first game

I"m surprised Luke Ridnour is that deep on the bench. Maybe just because of his injury that he's playing with

marny_navis 11-01-2007 08:42 PM

Re: Sonics looked decent that first game

Yeah only saw part of it but Green played well so did West and Wilcox. Loving Green right now; good pick.

RainierBeachPoet 11-01-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
I"m surprised Luke Ridnour is that deep on the bench. Maybe just because of his injury that he's playing with

seemed like pj wanted to put the d on iverson so he went with earl

and when west came in he blew up

rid will probably play tonight

marny_navis 11-02-2007 12:27 AM

Wilcox is looking pretty good, but there were a couple times he and Collison weren't able to finish down low. Nice half courter by Damien Wilkins, but he's shooting alot of pull up jumpers and missing. Durant is still very much a project to me, but his length really helps him shoot the ball. I think at the very least he's Rashard Lewis. If he starts building up his body, he could become lights-out. Wally looks aweful. Earl forced some shots, West looked good the other night on offense, Green just needs to keep practicing his shot, he's good everwhere else. Hope he keeps getting stronger down low. I'm impressed by how well the Sonics have played down low. Their main problem is youth and not being able to finish. Very excited that they were on cable tv because this may be one of the only chances I'll have too see full games of them; might have to watch on the computer. Wilcox needs to keep getting better and Collison needs to get a bit more lucky finishing. I'm liking Seattle, they've played better than their record shows so far. Durant-Green looks great for the future, and if they can get another scoring option next year then Seattle's gonna improve big time. Imagine this roster:

PG Whoever
SG Durant
SF Green
PF Wilcox
C Roy Hibbert

I hope they get something around 5-6 so it is justifiable to get Hibbert. Great start, Go Sonics!

BigAl 11-02-2007 08:43 AM

Durant is going to be a beast. Took the Suns down to the wire. no easy task.

1982 11-05-2007 05:42 PM

MY issue right now is pg. I favour West but this 3 headed beast just wont work long term and I wish they'd hand the keys over to someone.

p.s Earl, PLEASE stay after practise with the shooting coach!

catzhernandez 11-13-2007 03:33 AM

The sonics look decent every first half, but suck in the next half... always