Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   next championship? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6344)

benjitamir 07-26-2006 01:54 AM

next championship?

when will we be contenders for a championship ?

cyco127 07-26-2006 02:10 AM

With the core intact, I'm saying three years. That's including this coming season.

ZHAKIDD532 07-26-2006 12:54 PM

The Jazz have some really good young pieces. AK47, D.Williams, Ronnie Brewer, Memhet Okur, Carlos Boozer. If they just shore up the bench a little they'll be in the mix I think, that and the development of D. Williams and Brewer...

nathantaylor26 07-26-2006 10:50 PM

All the Jazz players will be better next year. But due to the Jazz structured offense it is the progress of Deron Williams that will have the biggest impact. He looked infinitely better this year at the rocky mountain review, not only that he looked amazing seriously, the boy will contend for the top five point gaurds in the league. The Jazz will contend next year but they will have the most difficult match up problems with San Antonio and Miami, anyone else they can beat next year including Dallas.
On a side note I hope Giricek can win Sloan over this year because the guy has game. He is by far the most underated Jazz player. You watch him and tell me he can't defend.

cyco127 07-26-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

On a side note I hope Giricek can win Sloan over this year because the guy has game. He is by far the most underated Jazz player. You watch him and tell me he can't defend.

Welcome aboard nathan.

I agree that Gordan is underrated. I guess I'm just with the majority that can't see things working out with him in the Sloan system. That and he's gonna have achilles problems for the rest of his life...

lowblok 07-28-2006 12:19 AM

If Giricek could play point then maybe he'd have a bigger future in Utah. Just don't see where he fits right now. One thing though, Sloan does give guys a genuine chance to fit in it's just up to them.

cyco127 07-28-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

If Giricek could play point then maybe he'd have a bigger future in Utah.

Why in the heck would the Jazz want him to play point? That spot is pretty shored up in my opinion.

Bricklayer 07-28-2006 01:32 AM

He's actually probably a lot like Marko Jaric on the Timberwolves body and talent-wise, but Giricek doesn't have the playmaking skills. I wouldn't mind keeping Giricek around a little longer at the 2 spot, but he just doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would wanna compete harder to get more minutes - he almost seems like he wouldn't care if Brewer or Miles took his minutes. I'm guessing the Jazz will give him till february to prove himself and if not... he'll get the boot.

Bricklayer 07-28-2006 01:35 AM

oh yeah... and as for the thread - we'll be contenders within the next 3 years. And i'm not saying that only cuz we might trade for a superstar in the future. We can do it with the guys we already have. All it takes is chemistry and prolonged health. and patience from the fans!

cyco127 07-28-2006 01:42 AM

Quote:

and patience from the fans!

:applause: :cheers: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :cheers: :applause::confusedshrug: :hammerhead: :banghead:

lowblok 07-28-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyco127
Why in the heck would the Jazz want him to play point? That spot is pretty shored up in my opinion.

All I'm saying is that if he had the skills to play more than one position, he'd have a future with the Jazz. At this time I don't see him fitting on the roster. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a nice player but the Jazz look to be after more multi-dimensional players at the PG/SG and SF.
If he wants to stay or be traded, he'll have to bust his ass in training camp and then in the first couple of months of the season to show everyone he what he's worth.

bonez26 07-28-2006 03:08 PM

In a couple of years probably

wally_world 07-29-2006 09:59 AM

3006?