Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Biggest Need for next year? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71551)

mln03 01-16-2008 08:30 AM

Biggest Need for next year?

Assuming they don't trade for anyone at the deadline and they re-sign Iggy in the off-season, what position/player do you think would make the biggest impact on next years team. It could be free agent or draft pick.

The Big Three 01-16-2008 09:04 AM

Re: Biggest Need for next year?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mln03
Assuming they don't trade for anyone at the deadline and they re-sign Iggy in the off-season, what position/player do you think would make the biggest impact on next years team. It could be free agent or draft pick.

PF will most likely be a need. I'm not sure if Thaddeus Young is either your starting SF, PF, or is going to swing between both positions, but they will still need a banger down low. If he were a bit younger, I would probably suggest Elton Brand. Darrell Arthur of Kansas could be drafted, should he enter, but he's 6'9" 235 lbs, and could use some bulking up (though there's no denying how much more athletic he would make the Sixers starting unit). Brook Lopez is also a possible choice. He's 7 feet tall, and he's a big guy. He'd add size to the Sixers and could be a very good role player.

If the Sixers end up getting a top five pick, then I think they should consider O.J. Mayo. I know he doesn't have the greatest attitude in the world, but he's a good scorer, and could be the #1 option. Derrick Rose should also get a look, and Beasley's a pass for me unless they're at 4 or 5. Nic Batum could go to them if his stock can get a bit higher.

donsanchez306 01-16-2008 08:43 PM

lopez, batum , mayo realistic for five to ten range for real. but we may get more picks so pg situation could spell dj augstine or hell hibbert but he wont got as late as everyone thinks but after lopez barring horrible injury. so yea pf is a real glaring need reggie evans is a monster rebounder but not much else and more servicable off the bench and t.young undersized pf.I hope he develops sf and becomes a swingman like that. and jason smith better get better.......free agents???? i say bank it or don't make a sammy d contract to anchor our cap to hell. have we used our mid level exception ( im such a horrible fan) :D . i'd say band aid a vetren contract for next year and pull our young'ns into contra guns. keep iggy but not max out iggy even though theres gonna be some hater offers coming our way. as for andre miller trade why hasn't anyone thought of getting tinsley in a package deal?? sure he has more years but 3 for 21million for the fifth leader in assists is not so bad they both can't shoot so hell why not that teams gonna blow up as soon as jo leaves town.(ish rumors)p.s hansborough, kevin love not bad pick ups late eh? i hope derrick byers doesnt kick us in the rear like that bruce bowen guy or raja bell good call on letting those guys walk eh. suprised we didnt keep ricky d, larry hughes, or tim thomas with the way things were going during those years.

donsanchez306 01-16-2008 08:49 PM

off topic: nice mock draft can't wait to read more following the seasons end the big three. :cheers: