Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: 2 things you probably didn't know regarding reputation (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7676)

geeWiz15 08-06-2006 10:57 PM

OT: 2 things you probably didn't know regarding reputation
 
1. negative reps don't affect the people you direct them to if they have higher reps than you.

2. I have the highest reputation on this board.



so stop being a chicken**** and trying to give me a negative rep, ok? you know what I see when I look at my rep? a bunch of grey boxes followed by explatives, with greens tossed in here and there.



if you have a problem with something I say, reply or PM me. we can work it out like mature human beings instead of doing the internet equivalent of leaving a cherrybomb in my mailbox... and then having it not work. I've checked my rep in the User CP three times in my entire career on the new forum. so I probably won't know you're mad at me in the first place and if you think you're cutting me to the heart by giving me red rep, you aren't. it's grey. it does nothing.

so let's do one of two things.

1. petition to get rid of reputation on this board because it's stupid and doesn't mean anything.

2. stop being retarded and leaving negative reputation for posts you disagree with. especially to me. leave negative reputation for useless spammers who deserve it, not Gobb because he hurt your self-esteem, or me because you can't understand satire.

HALLandOATES 08-06-2006 10:59 PM

Just don't click on you're user rep. and you will be fine.

Kobe24 08-06-2006 10:59 PM

I agree

II Peter 08-06-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
1. negative reps don't affect the people you direct them to if they have higher reps than you.

2. I have the highest reputation on this board.



so stop being a chicken**** and trying to give me a negative rep, ok? you know what I see when I look at my rep? a bunch of grey boxes followed by explatives, with greens tossed in here and there.



if you have a problem with something I say, reply or PM me. we can work it out like mature human beings instead of doing the internet equivalent of leaving a cherrybomb in my mailbox... and then having it not work. I've checked my rep in the User CP three times in my entire career on the new forum. so I probably won't know you're mad at me in the first place and if you think you're cutting me to the heart by giving me red rep, you aren't. it's grey. it does nothing.

so let's do one of two things.

1. petition to get rid of reputation on this board because it's stupid and doesn't mean anything.

2. stop being retarded and leaving negative reputation for posts you disagree with. especially to me. leave negative reputation for useless spammers who deserve it, not Gobb because he hurt your self-esteem, or me because you can't understand satire.



Question, if it doesn't mean anything, why did you start this thread? :confusedshrug:

Kobe24 08-06-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by II Peter
Question, if it doesn't mean anything, why did you start this thread? :confusedshrug:


He got you there :ohwell:

32MJ32 08-06-2006 11:01 PM

When the reputation of my posts on a basketball forum starts affecting my quality of life, I'll start caring.

But right now, I don't know of any clubs or restaraunts that check your little green or red button on the way in, so I'm safe.

Phew.

(For real, man, does it matter?)

TheReturnofCed 08-06-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by II Peter
Question, if it doesn't mean anything, why did you start this thread? :confusedshrug:


He's an egotistical self important geek with little man syndrome.

That probably sums it up.

IamtheWalrus 08-06-2006 11:01 PM

so highest rep on the boards can't be knocked even if he acts like an *******....great system

geeWiz15 08-06-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Question, if it doesn't mean anything, why did you start this thread?
Cause discussion isn't possible if the proper response to disagreement isn't to talk about it. Nowadays the proper response to disagreement is to leave a negative rep that the person will never see and that won't affect them. It's a stupid system but if it's going to exist we should at least use it correctly.

Oh yeah AND it's anonymous. Total ***** move. What a horrible system. Discourages discussion, doesn't really affect anything, and for those of you who DO care about their reputation, it's possible to ruin that reputation without ever showing your face. The internet is anonymous enough as it is. It's dumb, get rid of it.

Kobe24 08-06-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
He's an egotistical self important geek with little man syndrome.

That probably sums it up.


:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe24 08-06-2006 11:03 PM

Geewiz can act like a ***** and his rep will never go down unless someone gets a higher rep than him can rep him?

II Peter 08-06-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe24
He got you there :ohwell:


And...what does that mean? If it really meant nothing this thread would not have been started. If something doesn't mean anything to me I'm not going to start a thread about it.

TheReturnofCed 08-06-2006 11:03 PM

Here's a good grey box that I got awhile ago:

Quote:

suck a **** *****, phxphan

I love getting those.

Orealius 08-06-2006 11:04 PM

I have 18 points total. How much do you have?

jamal 08-06-2006 11:04 PM

Are points just from good reps or total reps, good and bad? I have 19.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy