Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Dunleavy Needs To Be Mentioned In The MIP Race More (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77273)

catzhernandez 02-22-2008 11:11 PM

Dunleavy Needs To Be Mentioned In The MIP Race More

Seriously, the dude is a horse. I love is ethic out on the court, he really puts it all out there. I guess you could say that Dun Dun is my man-crush. :party:

mateo31 02-23-2008 01:54 AM

Re: Dunleavy Needs To Be Mentioned In The MIP Race More

Yeah Mike Dunleavy is having a great season. He had 34 points against the Nets last night. He definitely should, at the very least be considered for the award, especially after all the criticism he took in Golden State. Rock on Dunleavy :rockon:

jbot 02-23-2008 07:13 AM

he's improved alot. i couldn't imagine going out and getting booed on your own home court. that's just awful. looks like pacer fans are embracing him. i gotta admit, when i heard he was coming to indy i didn't have very high hopes. kudos to mike for a great season. :cheers:

Irk Woodsman 02-23-2008 07:22 AM

I don't disagree but I wonder if the teams lack of sucsess won't hurt his chances. One thing is sure, he doesn't seem as "overpaid" as he did when he first got here.

Jeremy 02-23-2008 10:22 AM

He needs to be considered yes, but Chris Kaman will probably win it.

catzhernandez 02-23-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy
He needs to be considered yes, but Chris Kaman will probably win it.

I would put money on the fact that he will get snubbed. Caveman that is...

Jeremy 02-23-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I would put money on the fact that he will get snubbed. Caveman that is...

Well the only reason for that would be team success. Not many players have been to suprising this year, Andrew Bynum is one but he doesn't deserve it imo because Kaman and Dunleavy have both out preformed him and imo are also more suprising. But still, Kaman's stats are all-star worthy and he needs to win this award.

catzhernandez 02-23-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Well the only reason for that would be team success. Not many players have been to suprising this year, Andrew Bynum is one but he doesn't deserve it imo because Kaman and Dunleavy have both out preformed him and imo are also more suprising. But still, Kaman's stats are all-star worthy and he needs to win this award.

Bynum has been injured for too long to win that award. I honestly could see Dunleavy in the discussion though. Put up a couple of more 30-point games and hell, he could be a top-pick for the award.

Jeremy 02-23-2008 05:35 PM

You make a good point about the injury to Bynum. But he seems to get over rated and some "experts" will vote for him just because they like the Lakers.

PacerRaptor 02-24-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
he's improved alot. i couldn't imagine going out and getting booed on your own home court. that's just awful. looks like pacer fans are embracing him. i gotta admit, when i heard he was coming to indy i didn't have very high hopes. kudos to mike for a great season. :cheers:

Bird did a great job acquring him from GS, too bad Murphy and Diogu didnt workout as we thought it would

catzhernandez 02-24-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Bird did a great job acquring him from GS, too bad Murphy and Diogu didnt workout as we thought it would

It's too early to give up on Diogu.

PacerRaptor 02-25-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
It's too early to give up on Diogu.

ya thats true..,hes not getting no time at all..ive been watching some box score and it'lll show him playing for like 12 mins and getting 14 points...

mateo31 02-26-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
ya thats true..,hes not getting no time at all..ive been watching some box score and it'lll show him playing for like 12 mins and getting 14 points...

I remember when the Pacers started the season out 3-0 and Ike Diogu was getting about 20-25 minutes. Diogu played pretty well. He was rebounding and hitting mid range jump shots. Then he tore his calf muscle and was out for a while. Since his return he has not really gotten back into the rotation. I think it might be a good idea to start Diogu along side Jeff Foster. It seems like that tamdem would be productive to me. :rockon:

catzhernandez 02-26-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mateo31
I remember when the Pacers started the season out 3-0 and Ike Diogu was getting about 20-25 minutes. Diogu played pretty well. He was rebounding and hitting mid range jump shots. Then he tore his calf muscle and was out for a while. Since his return he has not really gotten back into the rotation. I think it might be a good idea to start Diogu along side Jeff Foster. It seems like that tamdem would be productive to me. :rockon:

I like that thought. But OB seems like he won't give a guy the time of day for some reason. But all it takes is an injury, lol, see what happened with Diener. He wasn't playing AT ALL. Now he's our starter. Haven't even seen Andre Owens in weeks.

Irk Woodsman 03-02-2008 09:53 PM

I'm sure he's starting to turn the heads of those it concerns these days, back to back 36 point games.:rockon: I wish he had the chance to get 40, nice offense all around tonight, 128pts!:cheers: