Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kobe has 12 technicals... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78326)

hotsizzle 03-01-2008 03:21 AM

Kobe has 12 technicals...

4 in the last 3 games.

4 more and you're looking at a 1 game suspension.

gts 03-01-2008 12:04 PM

Re: Kobe has 12 technicals...

yeah he's been arguing too much.. last night he argued got that tech and later on didn't get some calls he might normally get.. he needs to learn to keep quiet on these things or he's gonna get a rep and get zero love

Lakers13 03-01-2008 12:57 PM

Im sure somebody from the coaching staff will let him know hes getting kinda close to suspension.

Ryansrams 03-01-2008 01:38 PM

He probably would have about 24 T's, if he wasn't Kobe Bryant, he does need to chill on the arguing:banghead:

and1 03-01-2008 02:04 PM

arent technicals like 10.000$ ??
that a lot of cash dude

and1 03-01-2008 02:04 PM

oh im not saying it kobe doesnt have it ;)

dd24 03-02-2008 06:50 AM

What I see from this (and something I've been saying for a while) is the NBA needs to realize it is 2008 and say "Hey, we should have instant replay for our refs". Not all those are Kobe's fault. There have been some really shady calls lately. The thing is it doesn't always involve Kobe. If there was instant replay Kobe wouldn't be yelling as much. It would go to tape and the refs would double check. They are only human. They will make mistakes. That is what corrects it. David Stern, quit being a moron about this, everybody knows the networks gives the replay within a matter of seconds. The officials can see this too. It will help the NBA as a whole. It doesn't slow the game down. Seriously, would Kobe getting thrown out of a game or a ref checking a play slow down the game more. There's enough commercial breaks already. Just figure it in. To me, as a fan, it makes the game more exciting, because the refs don't have to go to making a "make up call". It will make things more fair. There's no way it can't.

SoCalMike 03-02-2008 11:21 AM

dd24: the instant replay debate should be a thread on itself... it could be an interesting one imo.

i just think the lakers as a team are a little tired. they have played a lot of games lately and need a few extra days off. i think with the schedule for the next week or so, they will have a chance to re-energize (after today's game with dallas, of course).

let's hope they bring the intensity today!

:pimp:

dd24 03-02-2008 04:27 PM

That would be an interesting thread, probably one that would go on for pages. I think part of it may be he is trying to show the young guys how intense you need to be to win games, but on the other hand there are some of those times where he definately had a legitimate gripe. The refs were way off and the instant replay would take care of it.

praneel 03-03-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by and1
arent technicals like 10.000$ ??
that a lot of cash dude

no, techs only cost $2000, serious dough, but nothing to most NBAers. Plus the money goes to the NBA cares fund, so it goes to a good deed.

But i thought he should have gotten at least 1 tech in the game vs. dallas, but the refs were letting them play physically, so maybe giving them a longer leash. plus the foul dampier gave kobe shoulda been a flagrant, but they let that go too. I think kobe gets into this regime where he goes tech crazy, last year he did the same thing around this time of the season. but he still has about 25 games left, hopefully he doesnt get 4 more t's before the playoffs, because then the count starts over, but instead of 16 and a suspension, i think it is only 11.
lets keep our fingers crossed the refs are as lenient the next few weeks with kobe, but he really needs to stop complaining, because it loses its appeal after seeing the replay of some of the calls he argues, like the fast break kidd stripped from behind, clean, no one touched him, he created a little contact with dirk, but kidd came from behind and got a hand on the top of the ball.

gts 03-03-2008 05:42 PM

doesn't the nba office look at every technical and upgrade or downgrade it? i know flagrants have been recinded.. flangrant 1's have become 2's, 2's reduced to 1's.. so i wonder if reagular techs get reviewed too and removed from the players count if it's determined it wasn't deserved....
didn't tim duncans tech and being tossed from the game by that ref get changed?

lakerfreak 03-03-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts
doesn't the nba office look at every technical and upgrade or downgrade it? i know flagrants have been recinded.. flangrant 1's have become 2's, 2's reduced to 1's.. so i wonder if reagular techs get reviewed too and removed from the players count if it's determined it wasn't deserved....
didn't tim duncans tech and being tossed from the game by that ref get changed?

Not only that but also rasheed wallace had three of his technicals rescinded last season. Kobe had only 1 rescinded.

Hopefully they can rescind a few.

ihatetimthomas 03-03-2008 06:30 PM

Does the amount of techs hes has continue on to the playoffs. Lets say he has 15 techs and in game one he gets a tech. Is he suspended? I cant remember the exact rule

lakerfreak 03-03-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Does the amount of techs hes has continue on to the playoffs. Lets say he has 15 techs and in game one he gets a tech. Is he suspended? I cant remember the exact rule

Yes it does.

Edit: Actually I think it counts from preseason until the playoffs begin. Not sure about playoffs.

alexthegod 03-03-2008 07:51 PM

Kobe does complain way too much, its a bad habit he's developed in the past couple of seasons. The worst part is that it's rubbing off on Bynum and this season Bynum is complaining too much.

As far as the techs, he'll be fine, if he gets close before the playoffs he'll get one on purpose to get that suspension done before the playoffs.