Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official PimpCast: Mavericks vs. Lakers, 3/2/08, 12:30PM PST, Staples Center (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78487)

SoCalMike 03-02-2008 11:34 AM

Official PimpCast: Mavericks vs. Lakers, 3/2/08, 12:30PM PST, Staples Center

Hi Everyone,

VS.

12:30PM PST // 3:30PM EST Game Time*
*Early Day Game

Television: ABC Nationally
KLAC 570AM LA Laker Radio Station

Season Record vs. Mavericks: 0 - 1

This is the official gamecast for the Mavericks vs. Lakers.

The Lakers played a poor game against the Blazers and broke a solid win-streak. They are now second in the Western Conference with that one loss. That is how tight things are in the Western Conference. One loss can cost a lot.

The Lakers need to show up strong to this game with energy and passion and they will win. If they show up like they did against the Blazers, they will lose. The Lakers need to take it to the Mavs. In addition, they also need to try to win the season series against the Mavs, so that they can have home court advantage in the playoffs, so this game takes on additional significance!

This sure is a game where I wish the Lakers had Bynum in the post. He would have made a big difference.

Game Preview: ESPN Game Preview

There will likely be a thread in the main forum, so please participate there as well.

Go Lakers!

:pimp:

Frank Foley 03-02-2008 11:42 AM

Re: Official PimpCast: Mavericks vs. Lakers, 3/2/08, 12:30PM PST, Staples Center

How have the GT's in the main forum been lately? I've been avoiding them because of the trolls and Laker zealots.

SoCalMike 03-02-2008 11:45 AM

Re: Official PimpCast: Mavericks vs. Lakers, 3/2/08, 12:30PM PST, Staples Center

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Foley
How have the GT's in the main forum been lately? I've been avoiding them because of the trolls and Laker zealots.

They have been pretty much the same lately, but since the Lakers have been winning more as of late, they have fewer pot shots to take. And, there have been a lot of Laker fans participating in them, so the trolls are out numbered. lol And yes, there are the zealots there as well.

Personally, I like the main forum for during the game and I like the Laker forum for post-game thoughts and analysis. Thats my two cents worth.

:pimp:

Frank Foley 03-02-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Personally, I like the main forum for during the game and I like the Laker forum for post-game thoughts and analysis. Thats my two cents worth.

Sound advice.

gts 03-02-2008 01:05 PM

should be a good game.. lakers got a little rest so that can't hurt... last weeks pace was pretty hectic with the 3 games in 4 nights...
i look for a complete effort from the guys more energy and lets see if we can force a few turnovers late in the game..something we missed friday...

myself i'll be attending a reading of "horton hears a who" with the littlest one so i'll miss part of it...

fiddy 03-02-2008 03:58 PM

Luke Walton is doing good job on D so far. :)

The Big Three 03-02-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddy

Co-sign. He's a great hustle player to have in the Lakers rotation. Kobe, Gasol, and Odom are all good scorers and put up enough offense on their own, and Walton does a good job hustling and doing the dirty work for them. And once Bynum's back, this team will be freaky scary. He and Gasol should be monsters.

LuppersGB 03-02-2008 04:16 PM

whats happened to laker rebounding

211269 03-02-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuppersGB
whats happened to laker rebounding

They have a guy named Andrew Bynum who was pulling down 8-10 a game. hes been hurt for a few months and out of the lineup. Welcome to the board.

Lakers13 03-02-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddy

He seems like he getting his rythm back. Plus it feels like we out rebound teams when hes in there.

The Big Three 03-02-2008 04:51 PM

Lakers have such a high quality and deep team. I'm not going to get into the Memphis trade, but having a core of Pau, Kobe, and Odom, with Bynum to come back eventually, and then have guys like Fisher, Walton, Vujacic, Radman, Turiaf, Farmar, Ariza, etc. coming off the bench makes for a championship basketball team. If Spurs play the Lakers in the playoffs, it should be a great matchup. Right now I have you guys slightly above us, even though I am a fan of the Spurs.

Frank Foley 03-02-2008 04:55 PM

Why are the Lakers so damn streaky? It's not just on offense--for varying stretches, they'll completely suck at everything: rebounding, defense, ball movement, and shooting (both field goals and free throws).

No reason why this game should be as tight as it is. Dallas is good, but the Lakers had them on the ropes. Then they decided to settle for contested jumpers, double Jason Kidd on screen/rolls (wtf?), and leave JET wide open for corner threes. Frustrating as hell.

alexthegod 03-02-2008 04:55 PM

Lakers need to get within 5 feet on those DAL long range bombs. Talk about wide open! need to clean up the D rebounding too.

Great energy though from the Lakers.

Hey Big Three, I love the run we are on but the championship I think still goes through SA until someone takes it from them.

Good game! :rockon:

Lakers13 03-02-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Why are the Lakers so damn streaky? It's not just on offense--for varying stretches, they'll completely suck at everything: rebounding, defense, ball movement, and shooting (both field goals and free throws).

No reason why this game should be as tight as it is. Dallas is good, but the Lakers had them on the ropes. Then they decided to settle for contested jumpers, double Jason Kidd on screen/rolls (wtf?), and leave JET wide open for corner threes. Frustrating as hell.

Thats current Laker basketball. It drives me nuts when we have a 10 point lead and we settle for outside shots, when we should be driving it down thier throats to get them in foul trouble.

fiddy 03-02-2008 06:17 PM

Ohh shyt i hate Dirk. :D