Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A possible trade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7879)

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 12:29 AM

A possible trade

Knicks were close to ending a deal today with the TrailBlazers. Richardson would have gone to Portland for Darius Miles. Ever since QR left the Suns hes played horrible and has been complaining about his minutes. He might get more minutes on the Blazers than on the Knicks.

wally_world 08-09-2006 01:26 AM

great trade for both teams!!! Q-Rich is gonna be getting liek 20ppg in Portland...

shafir 08-09-2006 08:14 AM

We dont need Miles, id rather have Richardson.

Finn T-Mac 08-09-2006 08:23 AM

Yes, i would make the trade, Q for D-miles, right away. This is what I posted to another thread about the same subject...

Quote:

If i should choose between d-miles and q-rich..right now the knicks might need better and more athletic defender like d-miles (and jeffries). Also Miles can play more closer to the basket and can also drive to the basket much better than Q..and knicks have already steady 3 point shooters so they would not need Q. But if i would be Thomas, i would not trade for new players, just try to get the chemistry right, cause the knicks already have young and old talent!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-09-2006 03:02 PM

give us miles!!

dblockcity 08-10-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shafir
We dont need Miles, id rather have Richardson.

I agree all the way.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-10-2006 03:43 PM

richardson and marbury dont get along

ariza 08-11-2006 01:15 PM

You guys don't know what your talking about. Miles is a headcase and would not help the chemistry. It would be a terrible deal. Richardson played pretty good defense and hopefully his shot will be there when his role is defined, unlike last year.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-11-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariza
You guys don't know what your talking about. Miles is a headcase and would not help the chemistry. It would be a terrible deal. Richardson played pretty good defense and hopefully his shot will be there when his role is defined, unlike last year.

oh yeah, q rich punchin marbury in the locker room shoes good team chemistry

Starks4/3 08-12-2006 12:26 AM

QRich was unbelievably horrible shooting the ball last year - that's why fine-ass Brandi dumped his ass. Although he did play good D near the end of the season it was, at times, embarassing for all parties involved. And when you add in the fact he doesn't get along with Steph, yeah, dude's gotta go. However, I really have reservations about Darius Miles.

I do think Miles is a better player, no doubt. Miles is very exciting to watch - there's a reason he was as popular as he was at one time. He is athletic as hell, kind of like Marvin Williams as far as that 'next-level' type speed and jumping. He shows flashes of really nice passing and a good shooting stroke.

There's a problem, though: the dude is a nutcase! Ask anyone associated with the Portland Trailblazers how they feel about D-Miles and they will have all kinds of sh*t to say. Even Brian Skinner called him out for being unprofessional! The Blazers are dying to get rid of this guy, so much so they might even buy his a$$ out if we won't take him. Peoples in Portland, from players to coaches to writers, talk about him like he is Satan. There has to be a reason for that.

The problem w/ the Knicks last year wasn't talent - it was chemistry. That's what concerns me about this trade. Imagine coaching Steph, Francis, Nate, Eddy Curry, Jerome James... and D-Miles? Nah, dude.

shafir 08-12-2006 09:36 AM

Trade QRich for an expiring contract, we dont need Miles! Trade him for Ruben Patterson, i'm sure the Bucks wouldn't mind having QRich.

Bombay 08-12-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
richardson and marbury dont get along

Plus Q was tryin to be the teacher's pet with Larry which allianated him from the team

wally_world 08-12-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Plus Q was tryin to be the teacher's pet with Larry which allianated him from the team

yeah... they whole team went against him because he's the only one supporting Larry Brown... remember... always kiss up to the GM, not the Head Coach...

tgwillie63 08-12-2006 10:30 PM

Nothing new....

This trade is not going down...Thomas not smart enough....Oh and anyone who thinks Miles is injury prone is wrong, he was hurt last year but he is 100% now ready to rock and roll for the Blazers! The only reason we were interested in Q is his outside shooting, to help Zach in the middle but hey with Miles scoring 30 plus a night drivin and dunkin works just fine...we will figure it out...while Q sits with Back pains for the Knicks....:banana: